Focused Feedback: Reward Merits

37 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

In fairness we got good Arcane Bolt and Enflame out of all that drama so it ended up well

("Good" is possibly a strong word for Enflame now. "Not dogpoo" might be better)

Pity the ball wasn't carried in sorting out the other two origin pools, they've still got a fair amount of poo in there)

Enflame is now a fantastic power and the #1 reason I typically dig into Sorcery all the time now.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 7:43 AM, Carnifax said:

In fairness we got good Arcane Bolt and Enflame out of all that drama so it ended up well

("Good" is possibly a strong word for Enflame now. "Not dogpoo" might be better)

Pity the ball wasn't carried in sorting out the other two origin pools, they've still got a fair amount of poo in there)

Don't bully Enflame, she's cute and multiplies DPS for basically nothing, to the point where I like to have it on defenders who help farmers farm faster. Slot that slut with Knockdown, or Immobilize, or BOTH if you wanna double stuff her like an oreo and watch as hordes turn to extra crispy bacon.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Resident certified baby

On 7/18/2022 at 8:20 PM, Booper said:

The Empyrean/Astral Merit to Reward Merit conversion has been removed from Reward Merit vendors.

Please do not put this terrible change into place.  I heavy rely on converting to items to sell for influence and rewards merit to buy recipes.  I do not want to be force into teaming so much. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Yumichan said:

Please do not put this terrible change into place.  I heavy rely on converting to items to sell for influence and rewards merit to buy recipes.  I do not want to be force into teaming so much. 

You will not be forced into teaming by this change?

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Redletter said:

Don't bully Enflame, she's cute and multiplies DPS for basically nothing, to the point where I like to have it on defenders who help farmers farm faster. Slot that slut with Knockdown, or Immobilize, or BOTH if you wanna double stuff her like an oreo and watch as hordes turn to extra crispy bacon.

Are you okay? Is this a cry for help?

• Haha 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

18 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Are you okay? Is this a cry for help?

Yeahh I’m kinda concerned after reading that

• Haha 2

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

2 hours ago, Redletter said:

Is it actually that good? I got the impression it wouldn't proc well because it's got multiple psudeopets dropping for every fire patch, and the character I was going deep into Sorcery with was a Controller, so not great damage there to begin with.

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

I never farm.

This new change is going to mean that the 4 or 5 Empyrean merits that I have in my email will now be worthless to me. Guys like me who just play the game, our ability to help alts is going to be severely hampered, but farmers will still be able to continue earning vet levels and rewards, you're not even slowing them down.

Swing and a miss.

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I never farm.

This new change is going to mean that the 4 or 5 Empyrean merits that I have in my email will now be worthless to me. Guys like me who just play the game, our ability to help alts is going to be severely hampered, but farmers will still be able to continue earning vet levels and rewards, you're not even slowing them down.

Swing and a miss.

sounds like i need to hurry up and convert the 262 i have sitting on my main!

I've never converted emps to reward merits.  I think it's a bad exchange and that the emps are much more valuable.  I use them to create rare and very rare salvage to work my way up to T3 or T4 on everything and send spares to alts to do the same, but quicker.

So while this won't affect me at all, I do hope that the HC team considers allowing conversions but on a timer.  How many to convert at once and how long to wait for the next conversion is beyond my bug brain.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I've never converted emps to reward merits.  I think it's a bad exchange and that the emps are much more valuable.  I use them to create rare and very rare salvage to work my way up to T3 or T4 on everything and send spares to alts to do the same, but quicker.

So while this won't affect me at all, I do hope that the HC team considers allowing conversions but on a timer.  How many to convert at once and how long to wait for the next conversion is beyond my bug brain.

Once you stop making alts or are Tier 4'd up the EMPS are pretty much useless. The only value left was converting them into Reward Merits and then those into converters to convert uncommons into rares and sell them on the AH. Doing this has netting me billions over the last year.

EDIT: With that said I would rather have this then the loss of vet levels.

Edited by golstat2003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

With that said I would rather have this then the loss of vet levels from AE farming,

I added a little that you left off.

• Thumbs Up 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

19 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

Once you stop making alts or are Tier 4'd up the EMPS are pretty much useless. The only value left was converting them into Reward Merits and then those into converters to convert uncommons into rares and sell them on the AH.

Thank you.  I do the same thing.  I have already gotten all the characters I wanted to at T4 incarnates, so I used excess EMP merits to convert to Reward Merits to fill in holes in IO sets or to buy purples or ATOs.  Getting the EMP merits via Vet levels to use for other things was a nice bonus.  Now I am just going to have to farm even more to make up for that loss.  Instead of coaxing me out of AE, this idiotic change is encouraging me to spend even more time in AE to make up for the lost conversion.  Just being honest, this is not making me want to play more, it is making me want to play less and less. 

As @PeregrineFalcon put it so eloquently, yet another swing and a miss. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, golstat2003 said:

Once you stop making alts or are Tier 4'd up the EMPS are pretty much useless. The only value left was converting them into Reward Merits and then those into converters to convert uncommons into rares and sell them on the AH. Doing this has netting me billions over the last year.

But if you stop making alts, isn't inf just as useless?

• Thumbs Up 5

5 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I never farm.

Swing and a miss.

You realize 4 or 5 emp merits = 40-50 reward merits = 10 minutes on an Apex TF? 

You probably should’ve lied about the scale of your loss 🙂 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

image.png.0727617083dc4c72f3a6d59213a2d08b.png it makes a nice sliding hill..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Seriously though, it would be interesting to hear how many Empyrean to Reward Merit conversions happened is the past month.

Just to get a sense of scale.

I wonder because this is a lot of reward merits being dumped into the game. 1 or 2 characters of Empyrean conversions verses dozens of players getting straight reward merits.

(I need to start dumping some RMs)

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

... Especially if we could ALSO find out how many Emps people have left sitting around *not* being converted.

(That would give us some idea how many people either don't know about the upcoming change, OR prefer to keep their Emps for the more traditional uses-)

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 4

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 8/10/2022 at 11:18 AM, ShardWarrior said:

Earning the EMP merits from Vet levels by doing "right/correct/approved" content and converting them is earning them, same as running TFs over and over.

Technically you didn't really "earn" the emps, they are a gift given at certain leveling milestones. I understand though, everyone gets a trophy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

5 hours ago, Vanden said:

I do multiple builds, soooo no. And now that we get free level 50 pvp alts, inf is even more needed than Emps. (I especially have motivation to get into pvp again with that upcoming change.) 🙂 

Edited by golstat2003

1 hour ago, Dazl said:

Technically you didn't really "earn" the emps, they are a gift given at certain leveling milestones. I understand though, everyone gets a trophy.

Well no, you did earn them by doing whatever activities that earned the veteran level XP to get them.  Nice try though. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, arcane said:

You will not be forced into teaming by this change?

If I want merits yes.  Converting let me earn by playing solo at my pace.  I play odd time when not many playing online.  I like to play solo now I can only get merits on teams which I do not like.  This is a terrible change.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3