After Going Rogue, what?

Zilljah

I managed to get a character through Goldside, First Ward, and Night Ward. Now they're in Redside, level 30, and I'm looking for what to do next. I know there's content that happens before Going Rogue, but I'd like to focus on what comes after. I was going to do Mr. G, but that seems more like a much later arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

It does depend on what level you are.  The Mr. G arc is roughly 35 plus, and following Night Ward you should either be that already or close to it.  Level wise it gets a bit screwy, since you can't do Incarnate Trials until 50, and those happen mostly at the same time as some of Night Ward oddly enough, but before the Mr. G arc.  And if you've done Night Ward then you'll probably want to look at Dark Astoria later, since part of that loops back in too and leads to the Incarnate Trials.  So Put Mr. G on hold and go exploring your Redside contacts in the Find Contacts tab!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

All Goldside and content added with/after Goldside is pretty much the Mr G and Dark Astoria incarnate zone.  Almost (not all, but nearly) of red and blue are stories from before

Now here is where it gets interesting, if you are ready to jump down the rabbit hole…

Due to the ETREME influence of Ouro on the timelines and the beautiful way (rare praise and much deserved) the storytelling in CoH/V continually use going back and forth through time NOTHING is before ANYTHING!!!!   

Think of your character as a Hero or Villain who is aware of Ouro (should be, right?)    You are now a Time Agent, reeling  through the years and accomplishing whatever you choose to do. Sure, a lot of the people you interact with are “stuck” in their timeline.  Unaware of Ouro or your meta time nature.  They go about their lives.  You drop into their story and run a few missions.  Then slip back into another timeline. Maybe even redoing your time with them. Or an alternate them. Or…..okay it gets a teeny bit odd here…..you might even be part of creating whole new dimensions when you go back!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

I think Snarky's gotten into the cooking sherry again.

• Haha 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

Due to the ETREME influence of Ouro on the timelines and the beautiful way (rare praise and much deserved) the storytelling in CoH/V continually use going back and forth through time NOTHING is before ANYTHING!!!!  

ETREME? 

6ogwfs.jpg.3585d16c632d3ac945db3c6c2b2867e6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Darmian That’s what I thought, but was hoping there was some post-Going Rogue material before Incarnates and Dark Astoria. Just started Mr. G so putting it off is no great loss.

@Snarky The Time Agent thing could work. Hadn’t considered Ouro, but it might be fun to see where it goes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just to fill in the tail end is Number Six, he issues missions in Praetoria once you unlock your Alpha Slot.

For my Praetorian, Battlestrike ( Energy Melee/Regen Brute ) after the Goldside was done he became a Hero, I selected only Contacts whose Mission Arcs tied into his Praetorian Heritage or his Previous Life there. His Father was a territorial Sheriff for a Rural Area outside the Sonic Fences that was Decimated by a Hamidon Attack ( Praetorian Croatoa ), once on Primal he felt it his duty to Protect this world's Salamanca. From there I transitioned to the Rikti Warzone to defend his new home, and then to Maria Jenkins as her ARCs are all set in Praetoria. Then Tina Macintyre and Dark Astoria. Then Number Six.

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

IIRC, there are two contacts that tie back into Cole-world around level 30. One is from Leonard in Sharkhead and is a minor sortie that has Protean. Quite an enjoyable arc, but not much meat in terms of direct links to Praetoria. In fact, the arc itself seems contradictory to the events of Dream Doctor where Protean will make a guest appearance as your ally. The other is through "inside information" in your contacts or tips, I forget. this is the one with Mr. G and has 3 arcs. I can almost remember another minor one, but I can't.

On 7/30/2022 at 8:58 PM, Zilljah said:

Not chronological releases, but in-game timeline. Like how First Ward leads into Night Ward. What would be the next event timewise to follow?

You've already skipped some by doing the Wards.   Here's the best crack at the timeline I think I've seen.  If someone else knows of a better one, they can post it:

To experience it all in order with one character is tricky and you'd had to have done the Wards entirely in Ouro flashback.   That said, the Ward storylines aren't THAT connected to the Praetorian Invasion that you'd probably be bothered by it.   I would pick up with the other content and return for Mr G. / Provost M. much later on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZemX said:

You've already skipped some by doing the Wards.   Here's the best crack at the timeline I think I've seen.  If someone else knows of a better one, they can post it:

To experience it all in order with one character is tricky and you'd had to have done the Wards entirely in Ouro flashback.   That said, the Ward storylines aren't THAT connected to the Praetorian Invasion that you'd probably be bothered by it.   I would pick up with the other content and return for Mr G. / Provost M. much later on.

I have done everything on one toon in order except goldside.  By stopping experimece at 4, 7, 9, 14, 19 etc and side switching.  All gold is available tbrough Ouro and was do e asap. That toon still needs to finish all 35-50, 40-50 and 45-50 to be “complete”.  It was a hard run

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1

I have one perma-praetorian that did all the content and then did First Ward & Night Ward.   Currently running another thru the same process

Pulling a Snarky and have a scrapper doing all the Red/Blue content, though only up to level nine since I got distracted by other stuff.  I have tried this in the past and kept accidentally blowing past some levels, so being overly cautious this run thru.  He'll go do the Gold side stuff when he gets Ouro access

1 minute ago, Zilljah said:

I’ve decided to use the “Time Agent” idea and go back using Ouro to play the Goldside content I haven’t done. Wish you didn’t have to be Level 50 and Incarnate to do most of the rest

I have some AE Gold content set for 19 to 25 if you're interested.  They're in my signature.  Four are Dev Choice/Hall of Fame, so you should get some decent XP/drops from them if you're bothered.  Yes, I tied them in to canon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

3 hours ago, Zilljah said:

I’ve decided to use the “Time Agent” idea and go back using Ouro to play the Goldside content I haven’t done. Wish you didn’t have to be Level 50 and Incarnate to do most of the rest

All Goldside 1-20 is available in Ouro.  Not sure about all First and Night Wards.  I played those as I levelled the project.  The only Gold you miss is the intro level 1 starting zone.  Only badge there is available at 50 in Ouro by talking to big blue guy

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

All Goldside 1-20 is available in Ouro.  Not sure about all First and Night Wards.  I played those as I levelled the project.  The only Gold you miss is the intro level 1 starting zone.  Only badge there is available at 50 in Ouro by talking to big blue guy

The First & Night Ward arcs are in Ouro as well.   Only things not in Ouro are the repeatables

2 hours ago, lemming said:

The First & Night Ward arcs are in Ouro as well.   Only things not in Ouro are the repeatables

Am I correct in thinking that the Intro to Ouro missions are not repeatable, though? Like specifically, Tesseract's first mission where you go back to Breakout?

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

Long wait there my friend.  Might as well sit on a dock and wait for the Titanic to arrive.  

Whelp, folks thought that CoH had sunk to the depths never to return either. I would give further Goldside content as much chance as CoH rising from the ashes and much more than the Titanic seeing the light of day again.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

3 hours ago, momentarygrace said:

Am I correct in thinking that the Intro to Ouro missions are not repeatable, though? Like specifically, Tesseract's first mission where you go back to Breakout?

You can run those intros as many times as you want.  Blueside intro is level 50, 11.01  Not sure what the redside number is, but it's there

• Thanks 1