TF Commander, ludicrous speed now!!

The_Warpact

3 hours ago, Seed22 said:

Or go redside and get invader. That's the objective fastest way to get TFC

Right.  But I take my time and do them when they're the weeklies and, if my math is right, that's 424 reward merits.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

41 minutes ago, mrdeeds7 said:

Would be really cool to have the TFs revamped, and I get it's a tall order, but with so many amazing AE builders there has to be a way. Some other more realistic options might be other pathways? How about a vindicators series of TFs? 

Honestly? I dont want the tfs that I know and love butchered. While we have lots of feedback on how the current changes work, there waws zero feedback on if we wanted or needed changes. The aggro caps that was set in stone, evidently the stone wasnt that hard. We still have the damage cap so we have the worst of both worlds. ATs that survive by killing the enemy are in a much worse state than before. they can take attacks for unlimited amounts of enemies but cannot hit them back. new sets, new maps are fine. changes to the base game to satisfy the demands from a small amount of players are not. when will the discussion of the need or desire for those changes take place? after people leave?

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

Honestly? I dont want the tfs that I know and love butchered. While we have lots of feedback on how the current changes work, there waws zero feedback on if we wanted or needed changes. The aggro caps that was set in stone, evidently the stone wasnt that hard. We still have the damage cap so we have the worst of both worlds. ATs that survive by killing the enemy are in a much worse state than before. they can take attacks for unlimited amounts of enemies but cannot hit them back. new sets, new maps are fine. changes to the base game to satisfy the demands from a small amount of players are not. when will the discussion of the need or desire for those changes take place? after people leave?

I have seen numerous complaints and feedback regarding some of these old TF's and how revamps of them would make them more pleasant. I understand you may not want them, but this isn't the thread to bitch about Page 4 changes and changes to the old, tedious TF Commander TF's have been asked for a fair amount.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I have seen numerous complaints and feedback regarding some of these old TF's and how revamps of them would make them more pleasant. I understand you may not want them, but this isn't the thread to bitch about Page 4 changes and changes to the old, tedious TF Commander TF's have been asked for a fair amount.

the point is, we will not discuss WHAT the revamp will be. we will get to test it and give feedback on the little details of it. If the revamp of synapse is to take out 2 missions and add 16 +4 boss fights, we will not see it until they want feedback of the AV's costume. So far it looks like "the game is too easy" people are being catered to. A lot of people have commented over the years about various TF's. Having a discussion about what to do to fix them just might be a good idea.

Edited by ivanhedgehog
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Well running Swizeiner was wwwwwaaaaayyyyy easier and faster.

Did a multi for my DK/DK tank and my new Fire/Rad troller so very nice.

It is. In Reunion, there were Invader tours (don't know if it's still a thing) every week, sometimes several times a week. Some bloke with Schweinzer as a contact and knowledge of the markers takes a team to all the exploration badges with the bank jobs optional. go in, get the badge, get out, next city. takes less than half an hour.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 1:49 PM, Nemu said:

I use Pandas. They hide behind the blasters.

TFs go faster when you have a Panda on the team, and everyone smiles.

Pandas make everything better

Panda

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

I set the mission to +0/x1 and take the extra few minutes to rob the bank and defeat the hero. The temp powers are handy, particularly the self rez and ATT. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 8/17/2022 at 11:11 AM, High_Beam said:

I know of several players that run highly efficient and fast yet still enjoyable Task Force runs (Blapperella), often explaining what will be done so that others can either learn for their own hosting later (am still not good at it) or just so they can stay on script.  Some of the more painful ones mentioned go pretty quick when she runs them and aren't so bad (Manticore goes well and even Synapse isn't as bad).  Put it this way, when she runs the old OG Positron or Psyche, they run faster than some who are running Manticore with a degree of speed.

Why do them, well Merits and badges and in my case, my reptile brain says I have to do it just because.

Side note, Moonfire is my way of getting puppies and Snarkys fast.

I love Blap, but I've never seen her run an OG Psyche in 35 minutes (manti ) or 24 minutes (numi ).

• Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

I love Blap, but I've never seen her run an OG Psyche in 35 minutes (manti ) or 24 minutes (numi ).

I said some who run fast Manti, I didn't say all; those are really fast. 🙂

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 8/17/2022 at 1:49 PM, Nemu said:

I use Pandas. They hide behind the blasters.

TFs go faster when you have a Panda on the team, and everyone smiles.

Unless they are spamming general chat then they make me want to set them on fire.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

You have to admit that the world tour you have to do for the NumaNumina TF needs pruning. 

Seriously what does beating a few Skulls up have anything to do with what we are doing against the DE?

Thank you!

Is this the version of Batman trolling around Gotham beating the p!ss out of everyone for info. At least that's what I thought it was.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On 8/22/2022 at 10:44 AM, High_Beam said:

Unless they are spamming general chat then they make me want to set them on fire.

Those are fake Pandas. Real pandas have few words and let their Bonking speak for them.

Bonk Bonk!

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

I speed all the missions on these. I've done them all a 1000 times or so I'd much rather just finish them and get the merits.

Regarding Synapse, I usually wait until a new toon needs it, and it's a weekly, then I'll boot up all three of my accounts and then proceed to solo speed it, and log all three accounts back in for Babbage and the King to get a decent merit reward as I find Synapse is often quicker with me solo than running with a bunch of undergeared pugs. That said occasionally I feel benevolent and bored so I'll run a group of pugs through a synapse if time permits.

When I get a mayhem mission I smash a bunch of stuff to accrue time on the clock, then multi-box and log in each toon that needs the badge from that mission, get it for each.  Redsiders, bluesiders, they all get it.  Eventually all alts have the badges they need, and my bluesiders just have to switch sides when desired to get the badge.  Kind of a hassle but it's concentrated into a handful of single events rather than having to do all of them separately on each toon.

I don't know if I've ever gotten TF Commander on any toon the old-fashioned way.  I just didn't play blue side much before Going Rogue.

• Thumbs Up 1