TF Commander, ludicrous speed now!!

The_Warpact

Ok we've all ran it a multitude of times, in fact more than I care to count.

Granted Posi 1 & 2, and Yin are pretty fast. Yin is enjoyable. The cutscene at the end reminds me of the "its so angry" part in the Waiting movie.

Synapse is just ugh...you know it we know it and your lucky if that hunk of junk GM even shows up.

Citadel is a good way to work on your Atlas Medallion (warwolves and snarkys). I'm trying to be positive on this one.

Manticore is blech..its ok well parts are but, really just blech.

Numina...travel to all of Paragon and defeat enemies...another blech. 

Good lawd...make these echoes and update them already. 

Now granted alot can be adjusted either through difficulty, stealth, TP, etc. To speed this up, seriously after 100x it's just boring asf.

So what's your secret? How do you burn through them.

If you say you just play them, just regular old run them for the 100th time with a smile on your face, then you're a liar, so don't respond I prefer not to hear such nonsense and I hope you burn in whatever <insert religion> hell you believe in.

Or

You speed through them on wimpy difficulty, stealth/tp, etc, etc.

I'm trying to stream line the process since I *have* to run it on a few toons. So coming here to discuss is a good way to harvest some ideas and maybe implement to my needs.

All that for +5 health and a badge...

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I use Pandas. They hide behind the blasters.

TFs go faster when you have a Panda on the team, and everyone smiles.

• Haha 3

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

11 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

If you say you just play them, just regular old run them for the 100th time with a smile on your face, then you're a liar, so don't respond I prefer not to hear such nonsense and I hope you burn in whatever <insert religion> hell you believe in.

I:

(A) don't care about the accolade,

(B) *do* just play them as they come up and people want to, so if I get the accolade, yay - and also am an atheist so have nowhere to burn, thanks, and

(C) RP, so I spend the entire time BSing with friends and mocking the bad guys in character.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I:

(A) don't care about the accolade,

(B) *do* just play them as they come up and people want to, so if I get the accolade, yay - and also am an atheist so have nowhere to burn, thanks, and

(C) RP, so I spend the entire time BSing with friends and mocking the bad guys in character.

I can see the bs part time does fly when you're having fun.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

14 minutes ago, Nemu said:

I use Pandas. They hide behind the blasters.

TFs go faster when you have a Panda on the team, and everyone smiles.

I'm just going to label your response as either on drugs or insane. Whatever floats your panda boat.😁

• Like 1

I know of several players that run highly efficient and fast yet still enjoyable Task Force runs (Blapperella), often explaining what will be done so that others can either learn for their own hosting later (am still not good at it) or just so they can stay on script.  Some of the more painful ones mentioned go pretty quick when she runs them and aren't so bad (Manticore goes well and even Synapse isn't as bad).  Put it this way, when she runs the old OG Positron or Psyche, they run faster than some who are running Manticore with a degree of speed.

Why do them, well Merits and badges and in my case, my reptile brain says I have to do it just because.

Side note, Moonfire is my way of getting puppies and Snarkys fast.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Speedy and solo. Synapse goes way faster if you do it by yourself at +0x1. My strategy for every AV is the same. Chomp reds until damage cap and blast away.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Am I really the first person to respond that they just go red side and get the invader badge?

And really, I'm only skipping Synapse and Numina.  The others I'd run regardless of the accolade.

• Thumbs Up 7

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

49 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

Am I really the first person to respond that they just go red side and get the invader badge?

And really, I'm only skipping Synapse and Numina.  The others I'd run regardless of the accolade.

Isn't there a contact that unlocks them so you can just pop in grab the exploration badge and out again?

55 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Isn't there a contact that unlocks them so you can just pop in grab the exploration badge and out again?

Yep.  Go run the Who Will Die? Part 4 SSA in St. Martial (the contact is Tyrka) at -1x3.  Afterwards, congrats, you've obtained the Hero Slayer badge and unlocked Lord Schweinzer in Port Oakes who offers all nine Mayhem missions.  Go in the mission, grab the exploration badge, get out, drop the mission, grab the next Mayhem mission, rinse, repeat.  The whole thing (including Tyrka's story arc), takes about 45 minutes.  Why anyone still runs the six Task Force Commander TFs for the accolade, I'll never know.

• Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, Astralock said:

Yep.  Go run the Who Will Die? Part 4 SSA in St. Martial (the contact is Tyrka) at -1x3.  Afterwards, congrats, you've obtained the Hero Slayer badge and unlocked Lord Schweinzer in Port Oakes who offers all nine Mayhem missions.  Go in the mission, grab the exploration badge, get out, drop the mission, grab the next Mayhem mission, rinse, repeat.  The whole thing (including Tyrka's story arc), takes about 45 minutes.  Why anyone still runs the six Task Force Commander TFs for the accolade, I'll never know.

Yeah I knew about the one over on blueside but, not red. Much appreciated. 

After all these years still learning stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

If it is true that the only thing you were after is the +5 health and a badge...well, no getting around it if you want all the badges. But if it's really just the +5 health - go for Invader on Red side. Then, you'll have what you seek in a lot less time. 

You'll still be repeating the same content a zillion times, but it's much faster. 

(and for those that don't know - you can get Invader easily by unlocking Schweinzer in Port Oakes. )
I typically unlock him by doing the SSA out of Bricks, using the contact Dakota Berg. The third mission will allow you to get the Bloody Hands badge if you run it at 0/8. If memory serves, you can probably get away with 0/3 and be okay. I run it at 0/8 just to be sure, and it's always awarding well before I'm done with that third mission. 

Once unlocked, you can get all 9 mayhem explorations easily and quickly. If you have multiple accounts, it might be worth your trouble to multi-box it, and unlock it for a character on each account, so your upcoming alts don't have to worry about unlocking it, and can just load in an alt with it unlocked, and invite your new alt - and you can get invader at level 1, if you like. I recommend waiting until you have a travel power, though. 

• Thanks 1

Running SSA1, 4 (Berg) at team size 2 will get you the badge, 100%.  No need to set for 3, certainly no need for 8. 

SSA1, 4 from the redside contact in St. M will also work, the missions are almost identical but the redside one includes going up the sewers (similar map to Abandonded Sewer Trial) and a takes a little bit longer.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I prefer the long way of the Invader.

1) Visit a broker to unlock Newspaper at level 5
2) Do X number of paper missions to get a bank job from a bookie
3) Rob a bank, get the exploration badge, earn a nifty temp power in the process
4) Repeat every 5 levels

If you do miss/out-level a bank job, as one does doing villainous things all over town, then you can go to Lord Schweinzer. He's usually unlocked by the time I'm 40+ due to the content of the regular missions. Then you can do the mayhem missions over and over as there are other badges to be earned in them. 

The accolade isn't that important to me, so I'm never in any rush to get it. Besides, the 7th bank mission will award you a +max hp temp power (good for 24hrs in-game) while the 6th one gives +max end. That's like getting the Atlas medallion and TF Commander at level 35. And if you're so inclined, you can pick up other stuff if you beat up the right people. What's more is you can do this solo.

And probably my most favouritest-est reason of all: you can destroy stuff and kill civilians. Red side is the best side.

Edited by Six-Six
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I wait until they're the weekly so that the reward is, in my opinion, high enough to justify running the tedious ones.

Since I'm typically only leveling one character at any given time, I only have to run the annoying ones ONCE.

The fun ones (Yin, Posi, Manti), I'll run multiple times when they're the weeklies.  (Lots of 50's need Notices of the Well.)

5 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

I thought of it as soon as I read the OP.  Does that count?  😉

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 8/17/2022 at 3:37 PM, Astralock said:

I just like the tfs. but then I solo dr q so I might not be the average(sane) player

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2022 at 8:02 PM, Six-Six said:

And probably my most favouritest-est reason of all: you can destroy stuff and kill civilians. Red side is the best side.

The Terminator badge...one of my favorites 1000 citizens killed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/17/2022 at 10:39 AM, The_Warpact said:

Granted Posi 1 & 2, and Yin are pretty fast. Yin is enjoyable. The cutscene at the end reminds me of the "its so angry" part in the Waiting movie.

Synapse is just ugh...you know it we know it and your lucky if that hunk of junk GM even shows up.

Citadel is a good way to work on your Atlas Medallion (warwolves and snarkys). I'm trying to be positive on this one.

Now granted alot can be adjusted either through difficulty, stealth, TP, etc. To speed this up, seriously after 100x it's just boring asf.

Or

I'm trying to stream line the process since I *have* to run it on a few toons. So coming here to discuss is a good way to harvest some ideas and maybe implement to my needs.

Tell me you are not calling vampyri “Snarkys”!!!???   They aren’t even real vampires.   Grrrrrrrr

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Tell me you are not calling vampyri “Snarkys”!!!???   They aren’t even real vampires.   Grrrrrrrr

59 minutes ago, Snarky said:

at least they dont sparkle

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/17/2022 at 12:39 PM, The_Warpact said:

Or

Or go redside and get invader. That's the objective fastest way to get TFC

• Thumbs Up 2

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|