The TANKIEST Tank Possible

00Troy00

While Stone/Dark is certainly a survivability beast, if your want aggro grabbing to the max then Ice or Bio armor paired with Spines or Rad melee for extra AOE grabbing attention.  Ice/bio both have 2 taunt auras and spines/rad both have an additional toggle power.

What this team needs is more Defenders

SR rates 13, but is so difficult to drive at that level that you'll fail 12 out of 13 times.

SD rates 12, is moderately difficult to drive at that level, but is unforgiving of errors.

Inv and Granite rate 10, and are very easy to drive, and very forgivable of errors.

/Ena Brute rates 9, and is moderately difficult to drive, but is unforgiving of errors.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

13 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

This one. I came up with it for the LOL of it all

Ultimate 01 - Tanker - Invulnerability - Martial Arts.mxd 5.04 kB · 1 download

That's just sick. 😆

Never have taken Stealth on a tanker but using it to mule Def is brilliant.

• Thanks 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

21 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

That's just sick. 😆

It is an abomination really. A beautiful abomination that will keep you warm at night and never leave your side....   lol

1 hour ago, PLVRIZR said:

That's just sick. 😆

Question: can SS be substituted without losing anything, or is MA simply the best choice in terms of slotting options?

8 minutes ago, 00Troy00 said:

Question: can SS be substituted without losing anything, or is MA simply the best choice in terms of slotting options?

Storm Kick is +10% def(all) on a Tanker, which is probably why it was chosen for an absurd survival build.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Linea said:

SR rates 13, but is so difficult to drive at that level that you'll fail 12 out of 13 times.

SD rates 12, is moderately difficult to drive at that level, but is unforgiving of errors.

Inv and Granite rate 10, and are very easy to drive, and very forgivable of errors.

/Ena Brute rates 9, and is moderately difficult to drive, but is unforgiving of errors.

I'm bein bad. I'm not supposed to post anything until@Luminaraoutpaces my post count, but I have to ask:

Would you please describe in detail what you mean in regards to driving difficulty? I'm not disagreeing at all, but I think a lot of folks, including myself, would greatly enjoy reading about this in much higher detail.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm not supposed to post anything until@Luminaraoutpaces my post count, but I have to ask:

We'll both die of old age before that happens.

I'll own your ass on rep in no time flat, though.  STEP IT UP!

• Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

39 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm bein bad. I'm not supposed to post anything until@Luminaraoutpaces my post count, but I have to ask:

Would you please describe in detail what you mean in regards to driving difficulty? I'm not disagreeing at all, but I think a lot of folks, including myself, would greatly enjoy reading about this in much higher detail.

Yeah. I'm not sure I understand that comment either.

I've never found SR or shield "hard to drive" unless you're diving face first into 801.6+ solo without a plan. But at that point EVERYTHING is hard to drive. Some just spin in place till they explode. Ironically, that's probably how I'd rate survivability at the very top end anyway. Though I think I'd personally switch shield and SR. 

.../ena brute on the other hand. You gotta be able to drive a stick shift, bring your own stick, shift gears, and pray that you don't fuck up and blow up your engine doing any of those one things. Aka what @Linea does before morning coffee.  But if you can do all that it can be tied at number 1 😛

Edited by Pizzamurai

This thread made me want to take a crack at making an absurdly tanky Rad/MA. Also Hard Mode ready with infinite +tohit.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

immortal booger: Level 50 Science Tanker
Primary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Secondary Power Set: Martial Arts
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Storm Kick -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(29)
Level 4: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45)
Level 6: Fallout Shelter -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(7), UnbGrd-Max HP%(7), UnbGrd-ResDam(9), Ags-Psi/Status(9), ImpArm-ResPsi(11)
Level 8: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(13), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(15), Prv-Heal(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33)
Level 10: Warrior's Provocation -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Beta Decay -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), SphIns-%ToHit(33), AnlWkn-%ToHit(34)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15)
Level 16: Crane Kick -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(48)
Level 18: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- ScrDrv-Dam%(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(42), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(43), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(43)
Level 22: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg(23), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-Heal(27)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Ground Zero -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(39)
Level 28: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(40)
Level 30: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(31), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(31), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(43), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 35: Crippling Axe Kick -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(37)
Level 38: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(48), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Darkest Night -- HO:Enzym(A)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(13), PrfShf-End%(17)
Level 18: Double Jump 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
------------

• Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

1 hour ago, Neiska said:

Build looks unfinished, and I wince imagining having to sidekick that one down. 😆But impressive numbers nontheless.

It is. I got to that point and was like...

tumblr_pw7rhmODHj1uono4ro8_r1_400.gif.a86d88f141fb1366e22c88a61e57eb19.gif

I didn't think it was possible to softcap typed and positional on an invul.

I was afraid to finish it at that point. 😂

4 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Pretend the character is a Mech, and you're the pilot.   I trip over my own feet 12 out of 13 times when I'm driving an SR model Mech.   On the other hand, I'm a top 1% driver of the EnA Model Mech.   Some guys drive dune buggies, some guys drive Formula 1.  That Formula 1 driver might must end upside down in a creek when you put him in a dune buggy in the mountains.

unless you're diving face first into 801.6+ solo without a plan.

@Pizzamurai I was driving that particular SR into 801.D (difficulty 13).  It was absolutely beautiful on test #13 ... and we are not going to discuss the first 12 test runs.

Edited by Linea
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

11 hours ago, ZemX said:

Storm Kick is +10% def(all) on a Tanker, which is probably why it was chosen for an absurd survival build.

Maybe dark melee is an competitive alternative to MA? All of dark’s attacks have -tohit which works out to be equivalent or greater than +10 def, especially when multiple attacks are stacked. 

Touch of fear alone is something like -10tohit in a large aoe.

Dark also offers a heal and better +to hit coverage.

7 hours ago, Unclemarty said:

The toHit debuff is only on the main target, unfortunately.  Also, if we're even bothering to worry about survival, we have to be talking about at least +3 level mobs.  Against those, the debuffs are cut to about 65% of their normal magnitude while any buffs like +def are full strength no matter what.  Still, you can easily stack up more than 10% -toHit on at least a single target and that might be a big deal if it's an EB or AV.  MA's +def isn't stackable.

This is probably the bigger deal than the -toHit.  While Invuln has Dull Pain, it's on a relatively long timer so Siphon is great at patching up what little gets through.

Maybe dark melee is an competitive alternative to MA? All of dark’s attacks have -tohit which works out to be equivalent or greater than +10 def, especially when multiple attacks are stacked. 

The problem with it (even the MA gimmick) comes from - needing to land the hits to gain those benefits.  Normal content it isn't an issue, but may stumble on 4 star hitting as many necessary to retain those benefits and also heal which also relies on hitting the mobs.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Thumbs Up 1