Homecoming apparently not dying

thunderforce

11 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Hey, I resemble that remark!

You seem to be more civilized and eloquent than the more vocal on the Excelsior chat channels.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

20 hours ago, Veracor said:

new players do seem to be replacing the older ones that are losing interest or taking breaks.

This is what I see happening, evidenced by the kind of Questions posted here and Help Chat in game. New people playing for the first time just keep showing up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

My measurement metrics are more subjective, but possibly more relevant. 

Not enough players => I can't get a team when I want one.

Just the right number of players => I can get a team when I want one.

Too many players => Team's fill up faster then I can respond to the LFG request for players.

Right now Excelsior bounces around between "Just the right number of players" and "Too many players."  I've not seen it dip into the "Not enough players" range since it came back.

• Thumbs Up 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 9/20/2022 at 4:07 PM, Veracor said:

The population appears to be stable, but new players do seem to be replacing the older ones that are losing interest or taking breaks.  Strangely, weekdays seem to be more active for raids than weekends.

Anecdotally along these lines, I'm seeing increased demand in kind of basic, beginner-type IOs and decreased demand in high end level 50-type IOs.

Which is a real shame.  You people need to step up your high end purchases, what with instant PvP and Build 2+3 being around.

• Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

15 hours ago, agentx5 said:

As for this OP of this topic:
I will begrudgingly point out that for many of us (myself included), perhaps from the inflation of prices, has meant we have to work more.  Also it's gotten into peak season for many places of business anyways.  The short of it is for several people in the community circles I frequent on Everlasting, I just don't have as much time to play as I would like.  It's not because people are abandoning the game per se.

Now what I thought this topic do would be to finally give us an updated numbers by archetype and powerset, but nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that wasn't what this topic was.  #disappoint

*sigh*

I want to know what the popular powersets by archetype are, darnit @Cipher it's been two years!!!   Please?  Inquiring minds want to know!
(also which powersets are under represented %-wise so we can get more of them created, or see what needs improvement)

@Cipherhasn't posted since August. But I implore everyone that wants those numbers to go post in that thread requesting them again.

Like I did. Several times. 🙂

• Like 2

On 9/20/2022 at 1:25 PM, Oklahoman said:

Approved.

Okay.  First “The Farmer and the Cowman,” and now this?  Are people just trolling for @Oklahoman likes now?

’scuse me, all.  I’m going to go see if there’s a post where I can reply with “The Surrey With the Fringe on Top” and be on-topic.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Zhym said:

Okay.  First “The Farmer and the Cowman,” and now this?  Are people just trolling for @Oklahoman likes now?

’scuse me, all.  I’m going to go see if there’s a post where I can reply with “The Surrey With the Fringe on Top” and be on-topic.

I've already picked all the low fruit, in my opinion, but "Oh What a Beautiful Morning!" and "Kansas City" are still available as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

20 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I've already picked all the low fruit, in my opinion, but "Oh What a Beautiful Morning!" and "Kansas City" are still available as well.

I'm trying to work up some lyrics, but so far I'll I've got is:

Trolls and Skulls and Lost gonna scurry

When I take them out with my Flurry

When I take them out with my Flurry with the Rage on top

That's it.  And, really, "Flurry" isn't the power to strike fear in the hearts of bad guys.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zhym said:

I'm trying to work up some lyrics, but so far I'll I've got is:

Trolls and Skulls and Lost gonna scurry

When I take them out with my Flurry

When I take them out with my Flurry with the Rage on top

That's it.  And, really, "Flurry" isn't the power to strike fear in the hearts of bad guys.

If only Flurry were a melee AoE attack instead of single target. 

Then if you slotted an Armageddon proc, you could take them out with your Flurry, with a singe on top.

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

6 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

If only Flurry were a melee AoE attack instead of single target. 

Then if you slotted an Armageddon proc, you could take them out with your Flurry, with a singe on top.

Whirlwind would make them scurry...but it doesn't scan.

On 9/20/2022 at 4:07 PM, Veracor said:

I run a lot of content on Everlasting and usually check everyone's globals when I do.  I've been seeing a lot of globals I don't recognize, and a lot of new players asking for Hami/iTrial instructions.

I made this exact observation to my girlfriend yesterday.  I was on a team of 8 for a respec trial and I always check the globals to see if anyone I know is on the team.  I did not recognize ANY of the 7 global names and commented on that fact.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

53 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

I made this exact observation to my girlfriend yesterday.  I was on a team of 8 for a respec trial and I always check the globals to see if anyone I know is on the team.  I did not recognize ANY of the 7 global names and commented on that fact.

But many veteran players repeatedly say that we don't get any new players and that anyone who plays on Homecoming or Rebirth must be a veteran!

• Haha 2

Given the current state of the various comic book, movie, and game industries lately, I'd say that we're going to be here for a good long while.

Comics suck lately. American comics are being outsold by Manga right now.

Movies suck, at least most of the things in the superhero genre do. The same goes for the streaming services. Between them, DC and Marvel couldn't navigate their way to a good superhero film with a road map, a GPS with Morgan Freeman's voice, and a crabby aunt in the back seat giving directions.

How many superhero games are there right now that are doing well? Even the non-hero AAA titles are waning because the developers decided to tell their own stories instead of giving the fans (with the money) what they want.

CoH had a small but solid playerbase and HC is no different. I'm not worried. 

• Thumbs Up 2