Auto Logout when AFK for more than 20 minutes in a mission.

Wavicle

47 minutes ago, MTeague said:

I guess if TF lead was AFK during a TF, then rest of the team can neither advance nor boot him.

I would hope this doesn't come up much, though.

I can't see that happening outside of deliberate trolling of the TF leader's own TF. More likely, it would be a team member. And the leader can simply boot the member. If the OP were to be implemented, it would kill player's ability to hold farm themselves, stay logged on to avoid patrol xp (even if only for a single character), or even just pause a long mission like the Atta mission or the Clockwork King mission mid-mission to tackle lengthy distractions like dealing with a family problem or other emergency.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That’s going to make farming for some Badges really suck. 

Badgers may have something to say about this idea.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

You wont be booted while in the world if you are on a TF.  Some people fire up an arc through ouro to get into TF mode and stay online forever.

Connection quality used to be especially poor and they added afk logout timers to lighten the load on the server.

23 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Obviously a lot of people are going to hate this suggestion, but I can't honestly see any logical reason why we should be booted when AFK in the world, but not in missions. Why it was ever allowed is beyond me.

Possibly so that people who are pulled away for whatever reason don't have to start the entire mission over?  Life happens.

I don't see a reason why this should be changed.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

22 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Possibly so that people who are pulled away for whatever reason don't have to start the entire mission over?  Life happens.

I don't see a reason why this should be changed.

I agree that "Life Happens" is the best reason this idea should NOT be implemented.

17 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

that sounds like another issue...IIRC there is no autologout in SG bases...

Auto logout does not happen in instances. To the best of my knowledge, the game does not differentiate between instances. So being on a mission map instance or a SG base instance is the same thing to the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A habit I've developed while playing is to stop in a mission when I notice a problem with a build, open the Enhancement screen and Tab out of the game to fiddle with Mids'.  My endurance usage is higher than I like, I'm not convinced that my attack chain is right, I'm taking more damage than I believe I should be, the usual reasons to go on a tweak-fest.  I Tab back in to see if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, or to try changes to the build which don't require a respec, like swapping enhancements between two comparable powers, or removing a power from my attack chain and trying a different rotation, then I Tab back to the planner and tug at the threads some more.  I can burn several hours adjusting and changing things, and be Tabbed out of the game for 30-60 minutes at a stretch.

I do it this way because it makes the entire process of revising a build more dynamic than would otherwise be.  The things that drive me to revise a build aren't things I can see in Mids', or with a 5 minute sojourn on the test server, they're unveiled over time, over levels, as I play, and being able to Tab in and out at my discretion really makes a difference in getting the final product where I want it to be.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:35 PM, Wavicle said:

Obviously a lot of people are going to hate this suggestion, but I can't honestly see any logical reason why we should be booted when AFK in the world, but not in missions. Why it was ever allowed is beyond me.

The AFK logout timeout was implemented entirely because people would AFK in high-population areas like Atlas Park. Lots of people doing this would make lower-end machines chug when attempting to approach these areas, because of all the extra polygons that needed to be pushed with more player characters standing around. In instanced missions that naturally isn't a concern.

• Like 4