Quit another Synapse....

Snarky

It's my fault.  i was too lazy to form one. And someone started one. so i joined.

First mission, smooth as silk. Second mission....the difficulty had obviously increased.  level 22 minion, purple bosses everywhere. 

Me in team chat "Did you increase difficulty?"

Leader: "No"

Me "I'm seeing oranges and purples everywhere.  Going to take a long time on these kill alls using KO Blow on minions"

Leader "I can lower it"

Another team member "We are cutting through this like butter!"

Me: "silence" just quit team and logged off.

Look.  Don't lie to me.  Or do, but I am not dealing with you after that unless it profits me A LOT.  Like if you are lying your butt off to me while I am doorsitting your farm, w/e.  If I am grinding minions like they are bosses for two hours?  You have officially exceeded your credit limit.

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

using KO Blow on minions

You must be working on that SS/Regen

On a related note, I have noticed that sometimes the game will sometimes just scale the mobs in a mission up for no discernible reason. That could've been the case. Or maybe they were lying. Who knows?

• Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

If a mission difficulty is set at +0, you can get +1 mobs.  If you set it at +1, you can get +2 mobs.  If you set it at +2, you can get +3 mobs.  If you set it at +3, you can get +4 mobs.  So it's possible that if you saw level 22 mobs, it was set at +1.  Now if you saw level 22 and 23 mobs, then it would have been +2.

• Thumbs Up 2

A few weeks ago (when Syn was the WST) I was on a PUG. It was the worst team I've ever run with. Ever. Most of the team wouldn't communicate and the leader didn't take charge. It wasn't going well and someone dropped quickly. A bit late another guy quits. Neither said a thing (I put them on my ignore list). For some sad reason I stuck it out and it took just shy of 4 hours. 

I don't like to quit on teams unless there's no chance of finishing. Even then I will communicate something to the team. I am not a fan of people disappearing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

23 minutes ago, Astralock said:

If a mission difficulty is set at +0, you can get +1 mobs.  If you set it at +1, you can get +2 mobs.  If you set it at +2, you can get +3 mobs.  If you set it at +3, you can get +4 mobs.  So it's possible that if you saw level 22 mobs, it was set at +1.  Now if you saw level 22 and 23 mobs, then it would have been +2.

Yeah, i was seeing level 22 minions in a Synspse.  And it was completely different in the first mission.  They were normal.  Of course i have run this thing for years.  Now I was on a toon named Smacktastic...not my regular Snark....insert w/e   (I was so shocked the name was available I ran it)  Not that everyone knows Snarky.  But those that do know when I ask "Did you raise the difficulty"  that is Snarky refraining from saying "Hey, Asshat.  Lower the difficulty back down before I exsanguinate you. I'm running out of places to stash the bodies this week."

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

A few weeks ago (when Syn was the WST) I was on a PUG. It was the worst team I've ever run with. Ever. Most of the team wouldn't communicate and the leader didn't take charge. It wasn't going well and someone dropped quickly. A bit late another guy quits. Neither said a thing (I put them on my ignore list). For some sad reason I stuck it out and it took just shy of 4 hours. 

I don't like to quit on teams unless there's no chance of finishing. Even then I will communicate something to the team. I am not a fan of people disappearing. 

Yeah. I feel bad about quitting. But I would have felt worse if I stayed.  I have anger issues.  Especially when caffeinating up for a squat and pullup workout (which I thankfully just finished)  If the guy had just said "I upped it, I will lower it."  or ""I upped it, what does everyone want" It would be different.  But "No, I never raised it."  then one sentence later "I will lower it"  When I KNOW it was raised?  That person can put me on ignore.  Or w/e they feel needs to be done.  I do not run Synapses to farm other peoples controllers (or w/e) to X level.  I run it for the badge.  I custom built that toon to run an even level Synapse and check performance.  After that experience I probably will not team with anyone besides SG members for a bit.  As it is I shelved the toon.  Screw the whole PUG experience is how I feel.  At least for today.  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Maybe I am too OCD but every time I see this guy I want to take a tack hammer and finish putting those in.

Just be careful,  he cons at +10 so grab a big bag of Snickers. It's gonna be a while. When you hammer a nail on one side it makes the nail on the opposite side pop out farther. Lol.

Edited by RCU7115
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

When you hammer a nail on one side it makes the nail on the opposite side pop out farther. Lol.

Weird.  Now I am imagining him getting up from sleeping with all the nails flat on one side, sticking out the other.  He has to do a morning routine of "fixing his hair" and even them all back out.

• Haha 2

But "No, I never raised it."  then one sentence later "I will lower it"  When I KNOW it was raised? 

Well, hold on now. Do you know what the original setting was? It's quite possible he had room to lower it from the setting it was at  - down to -1, after all.  (Also, you should be able to tell, IIRC, by looking at the mission menu what the difficulty's set at so there's no surprises, even on a TF.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Weird.  Now I am imagining him getting up from sleeping with all the nails flat on one side, sticking out the other.  He has to do a morning routine of "fixing his hair" and even them all back out.

What if they are all just really long double-headed tacks, and pushing on one side makes it longer on the opposite?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Well, hold on now. Do you know what the original setting was? It's quite possible he had room to lower it from the setting it was at  - down to -1, after all.  (Also, you should be able to tell, IIRC, by looking at the mission menu what the difficulty's set at so there's no surprises, even on a TF.)

it went from level 20 minions in one mission to level 22 minions in the second mission.  

Was someone else besides the team leader the first into that second mission?  I have heard reports of that bug making a return where difficulty in a mission is set to the first entrant’s settings rather than the team leads. So that could be how the difficulty changes without the team lead touching the settings.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Honorbridge said:

Was someone else besides the team leader the first into that second mission?  I have heard reports of that bug making a return where difficulty in a mission is set to the first entrant’s settings rather than the team leads. So that could be how the difficulty changes without the team lead touching the settings.

I do not think that happens in TFs.   I have seen it in other content.  The Signature TFs in particular are pretty locked to the team Leader.  Also I run the TFs pretty constant and the level is constant unless the team lead adjusts it.  Now this person said they did not change it…..but then they offered to lower it.  

“Look, dis here is my rock bottom price.  Da boss will fire me if I sell it to you cheaper.”

” I dont want it”

”Youse drive a hard bargain.  I knock another 509 off and get you free mats!”

”blinks”

I've seen some odd level disparities in TFs of late. Just last night I ran a Yin with some people, and in the SAME MISSION I saw -1 minions, even-level minions, and +1 minions. So no difficulty changing was going on. On a Numina today I watched enemies change con mid-fight. Looked into a room, saw a bunch of red-con minions, then when the team ran in to fight, they were suddenly orange con. Weirdest thing.

11 minutes ago, WumpusRat said:

I've seen some odd level disparities in TFs of late. Just last night I ran a Yin with some people, and in the SAME MISSION I saw -1 minions, even-level minions, and +1 minions. So no difficulty changing was going on. On a Numina today I watched enemies change con mid-fight. Looked into a room, saw a bunch of red-con minions, then when the team ran in to fight, they were suddenly orange con. Weirdest thing.

I can think of regular everyday game reasons for both those situations.  Would need more details, but just spitballing here. 

Enemy levels in most of the game vary slightly, so -1, +0, and +1 are not unheard of.  This is by design.  It is a feature not a flaw.

The second one is harder to diagnose.  But....If you were sidekicked and the leader levelled, you would shift up 1 level too.  That would "magically" alter the entire look of the mission.

A Synapse TF will normally have +0 minions.  with variation as noted above.  But to have almost all minions go to +2? (and Lts, bosses etc)  That, my friend, is easily diagnosed. Someone changed their difficulty setting.  And since the leader offered to "move the difficulty down" ... after stating it was not up?   How do you move something down that is not up?  

Edited by Snarky

Did you have to zone before the next mission?  I know there's been a bug (unknown if fixed) related to the first person in the mission door, if the star hasn't zoned yet (it changes to the door opener's notariety settings).

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

"Hey, Asshat.  Lower the difficulty back down before I exsanguinate you. I'm running out of places to stash the bodies this week."

1254045732_storingthebodies.thumb.jpg.8fcf19a4cc0e2ccb2b98cd587e5e8021.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

image.jpeg.0d65cffd4bf8a90645a93cc7ceb96fad.jpeg

I feel your pain. But THIS is the test of a build. Fuck Trapdoor and Pylon tests. Survive a miserable PUG? That’s some hardcore building. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

35 minutes ago, Nyghtmaire said:

image.jpeg.0d65cffd4bf8a90645a93cc7ceb96fad.jpeg

I feel your pain. But THIS is the test of a build. Fuck Trapdoor and Pylon tests. Survive a miserable PUG? That’s some hardcore building. 

Truer words never spoken. Was on my main Brute about a week ago.  Joined a PUG 2 star ITF on a whim.  There was a Tank and a decent team.  We were not flying but we were knocking everything down in a somewhat orderly fashion.  Then we get to Rom.  The Tank could not do it.  Super Reflexes with only their Alpha.  So I stepped in.  Dark Invulnerability Brute.  100+ vet levels. Solid team build.  With one of the Corruptors supporting me I was able to put Rom wherever the Team Lead wanted him.  That is what a PUG shows you.  What you can do when things slide off the plan and you are doing things just to figure out if something will work.

For the record I did join a Synapse later in the day after asking the Leader if it was +0.  Went smooth +0 we did.  Then I led a Yin.  I will probably lead one or three more of the rest of the TF commander runs tomorrow