Most overpowered combo?

Matthias1976

I like ice blast / cold domination on a corruptor along with fold space.  Drop snow storm and sleet then hit fold space and drop blizzard for a nice scourge rain.  Throw both chance for 2mag hold IOs in freeze ray or bitter freeze ray and you can hold elite bosses like they are nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

13 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Probably an AR/Martial Combat blaster that uses the Unlimited Ammo cheat code.

What is this sorcery?

Due to the ammo shortage,  all heroes are asked to fire in a smaller cone and for a shorter duration.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matthias1976 said:

What ranged combat power combos are the most overpowered? I don't do PVP. 

Probably Fire Blaster.  But it depends on a huge number of variables. Player skill, vs which foes, AoE vs Single Target, build (and the skill of the builder), level of character, exemplar or not, slotting choices, or even what's meant by overpowered.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I like ice blast / cold domination on a corruptor along with fold space.  Drop snow storm and sleet then hit fold space and drop blizzard for a nice scourge rain.  Throw both chance for 2mag hold IOs in freeze ray or bitter freeze ray and you can hold elite bosses like they are nothing.

This.  One of the most powerful offensive team members I have played.  The debuffs allow your whole team to pound the enemy or if alone work perfectly with your powers.  Then the DoT AoEs work hand in glove with Scourge.  

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

I like ice blast / cold domination on a corruptor

I'll also endorse this.  I currently have one at level 38 that I am building for 'hard mode' task forces.

I'll also mention beam rifle/kinetics corruptor.  Beam is the highest single-target damage and kinetics lets you boost the entire teams damage (including your own) with Siphon Power and Fulcrum Shift, while Speed Boost is just awesome for pretty much anyone.  I made one of these specifically for the Really Hard Way badge runs of The Magisterium.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

This.  One of the most powerful offensive team members I have played.  The debuffs allow your whole team to pound the enemy or if alone work perfectly with your powers.  Then the DoT AoEs work hand in glove with Scourge.  

That's my line! Seriously though, I've been using my Ice/Cold since live because of this. And when Scourge kicks in... ahh!

• Thumbs Up 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Seeds of Confusion + Sleet dominators are up there too.  Basically any secondary is strong with plant. I like /thorny for -def and great proc monster options. Others like /fiery for being a pure ranged option that doesnt rely heavily on procs (more room for +def and +rchg set bonuses). Lots of safety with seeds of confusion provides flexibility to build offensively and play aggressively for high effective dps output. Sleet is what makes the otherwise binary and somewhat limiting control/dps function for teams a much smaller issue. Sleet lowers the competitiveness between doms and blasters because it helps doms contribute more than just being a lower damage blaster when control isnt needed. Sleet with a high recharge build allows you to flex your role into an effective debuffer for teams and synergizes beautifully with seeds of confusion. 

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Like 2

Currently on fire.

3 minutes ago, biostem said:

Hmm... does that trump GM/Ban hammer?  😛

No-one using my combo has ever been hit.  You see the occasional 'Sploit/H4x trying to pass itself off as Player/Brain, and those do crumble when GM/Ban Hammer launches an attack, but Player/Brain is impossible to defeat.  It even beats Developers, and they're way nastier than AVs/Heroes.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

15 hours ago, TheZag said:

Thanks everyone. Sounds like I have to give Ice Blast / Cold Domination (Corruptor) a shot. 👍

• Thumbs Up 4

13 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

Seeds of Confusion + Sleet dominators are up there too.  Basically any secondary is strong with plant. I like /thorny for -def and great proc monster options. Others like /fiery for being a pure ranged option that doesnt rely heavily on procs (more room for +def and +rchg set bonuses). Lots of safety with seeds of confusion provides flexibility to build offensively and play aggressively for high effective dps output. Sleet is what makes the otherwise binary and somewhat limiting control/dps function for teams a much smaller issue. Sleet lowers the competitiveness between doms and blasters because it helps doms contribute more than just being a lower damage blaster when control isnt needed. Sleet with a high recharge build allows you to flex your role into an effective debuffer for teams and synergizes beautifully with seeds of confusion. 

all hail dominator’s defender strength sleet 🙌

The Lord said unto’h his creations: I have bestowed you with free will. You may choose to follow in my light and select ice mastery, with its powerful debuffing abilities, or you may stray and pick some other power that a knuckle head would choose. The choice is yours my disciples 📿🙏

The Dominator Testament, 13:7 - 14

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Matthias1976 said:

Thanks everyone. Sounds like I have to give Ice Blast / Cold Domination (Corruptor) a shot. 👍

When it comes to the higher end of the build, look to get two acc/dmg HOs and four procs per each single target hold. Open with debuffs first if the mobs are high level or you want a boss debuffed, then Aim, BFR and FR, the BiB. Some folks don't like BFR because the year long animation time, but it's a great opener or closer power and is very proc'able.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

When it comes to the higher end of the build, look to get two acc/dmg HOs and four procs per each single target hold. Open with debuffs first if the mobs are high level or you want a boss debuffed, then Aim, BFR and FR, the BiB. Some folks don't like BFR because the year long animation time, but it's a great opener or closer power and is very proc'able.

This one of those places where no Mids, no computer hurts me but I wonder how it numerically compares with grabbing something like an Acc/Dam + Acc/Dam/Endred Thunderstrikes vs the HOs (gaining 2-piece set bonuses) or perhaps other IO combos since in many cases you'll already have 1 of the set already (as a proc).

1 hour ago, Doomguide2005 said:

This one of those places where no Mids, no computer hurts me but I wonder how it numerically compares with grabbing something like an Acc/Dam + Acc/Dam/Endred Thunderstrikes vs the HOs (gaining 2-piece set bonuses) or perhaps other IO combos since in many cases you'll already have 1 of the set already (as a proc).

Numerically 2 HOs is 66% and a ACC/Dam + ACC/Dam/End would be 45/45/20 plus set bonus(es) if I remember right. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Illusion/Storm is the strongest combo i played. You can solo any GM/AV/EB in game. There is not anything in game you can tear apart with PA and the continous debuffs from Storm Summonning pseudo-pets. 

Add Lore Pets and Incarnate buffs/debuffs and you are in god mode.

5 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Yeah that's a good question - so a good rule of thumb I use is one Level 50+5 Damage IO gets you to 53%. One Level 53 Damage/Accuracy HO gets you to 38.2% for both. If I'm going to be fighting high level 54+ enemies, I tend to drop Level 50+5 Accuracy IOs in to my -def debuffs and use that instead of missing out on potential Damage/Accuracy boosting HOs in my main attack chain.

Ice Blast is a very proc'able set and coupled with the debuffs from Cold Domination, the player gets a complimentary array of powers for any given situation. 

Edit: Oh but to your point, I don't really focus too much on set bonuses in my attacks themselves. I'm usually a 2 HO, 4 Proc kinda player. This is mainly because the non-purple/PvP set bonuses aren't usually worth the trade off in dmg/acc or proc'ability. That's just how I see it though, other folks could be different. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour