quit another task force....

Snarky

I'm surprised but I'm with snarky on this one :p. Every TF I join or run as just a "manti tf all welcome" I assume will be +0 unless we talk about it as a team before hand then I will change the lff msg.   

now could we start do a mish find it way to easy and change it later to +1-4 sure. But I would need most to all the people joining to be ok with that. Running the tf does not make me any more important to it, any player can run the tf I just happened to be the one who yelled out in LFG. 

I do build my toons so they can solo +4/8 so if anyone does leave or people want more challenge then they can take I can still solo the tf and we can win.  

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Snarky said:

Well I may be partly to blame for not doing an in depth interview of the person settings things up

Oh please.  Like typing "Hi, is this a speed TF?" or "what diff are we running at?" is such a hardship.  If you can't be arsed to do that much, you deserve what you get.

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

See, now you’re just looking for reasons to quit TFs so you can come on here and thump your chest.

Advertising a TF does not mean it’s set to +0, just like it does not mean it’s a speed run.  You should have asked the leader before it started.  
You didn’t.  Why?  Because then you couldn’t come on here and brag about quitting another TF.

^ That's it exactly.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Wyldkard said:

I think the hilarious part is that you wrote the leader/TF off as unacceptable because you sent him a mildly snarky poke and he sent you back a mildly snarky reply.

Clearly, your snark is worse than your fight.

Honestly not sure I follow you.  You are saying the only way to truly be Snarky is to be insulting in team chat before quitting?  I wasnt even trying to be Snarky.  Not really called for.  The Team leader admitted they did not advertise what they were running.  They admitted they were running at +1.  Good, good, goodbye.   As the song goes, "Don't need to discuss much...just drop off the key Lee, and get yourself free."

This is being beat to death.  Which is funny in its own way.  Now, to shock some of you I am not actually a vampire.  I am a grumpy old truck driver in a busy metro area.  This morning I was dropping off a 53 trailer in a crowded yard.  This is a tight yard in an old part of town.  There are well over a hundred trailers there and 15-20 docks.  There are drivers moving triples, 53s, and three "yard dogs" ferrying trailers to spots and docks.  Busy busy busy.  I drove in.  we waited for each other.  we moved around each other.  no traffic lights.  no CBs.  no lines on the ground. everyone knew to be patient and take turns.  not a damn word spoken.  we all were able to communicate and interact.   Most of the time PUGs go the same way.  Except when they do not.  This one started off with (for me) a wakeup call this was not a yard I wanted to drive in.  I left.

Was I "Snarky?"  Yea, I was Me!!!   Was I mean?  I hope not.   One of the reasons I asked in team chat was so everyone on the team knew my thinking, if they cared to read.  My toons name?  Snarky.  If I feel misled I will prob leave.  Is that right/wrong?  You decide.  I joined an ADVERTISED +4 Reg ITF kill most afterward and had a grand time.  Thats a yard I will jump right into.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Seed22 said:

But like...it's the SAME chapter over and over and....

I get teaming can be rough, but at this point I've never even experienced HALF of what you have. I'm interested, what times to do you get on? And why is this happening so often? Doesn't seem natural, if ya ask me.

As someone pointed out upthread.  I PUG a LOT.  If I posted every PUG group experience, that would be Spam.

Also as posted just a bit upthread I was in a respec trial with a PUG, and it went horrid.  Did I quit?  No.  We finished it.  It was a shit show.  I vaguely remember it.  Like 4 day old blood, not good.  But it was ran at +0 and most folks were trying, if failing, to achieve the goals.  Shit happens.  We finished.  

I am not going to look back though all my old posts but I think most of the ones I quit were.....do to +level mis/non communication.  You want a thread?  Run with that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Excraft said:

Oh please.  Like typing "Hi, is this a speed TF?" or "what diff are we running at?" is such a hardship.  If you can't be arsed to do that much, you deserve what you get.

^ That's it exactly.

Like typing the level of a TF when announcing is so hard.

I hopped onto a MJ arc last night because it was announced as -1 AV badge chase. 

Awesome! dropped what I was doing and joined in.

If no level is listed, the expectation is it is at 0

I have done several TFs lately where we are heading to the first mission, and the leader says "This is at +2(in one case +3), hope you don't mind."

In 2 cases, half the team dropped.

Having moved from Indom to Excel, one thing I appreciated on the new shard was the clarity of announcements. What was being done and team requirements.

Edited by JasperStone
typo - added is at to This is at +2
  • Like 2

/e poofgone

Let me tell you a tale of a bugged MC TF...

Random PUG, I remember an /Nature controller, myself on a Poison/Dark Defender and some melee, a blaster, and a demons/dark MM. 

Mish 2 the leader goes "wow this team is exceptional? Can we bump up from +1 to +2?"

Everyone concurs. The next mission, a kill all with loads of Paragon Protectors, and the Mish bugs at at least +6 difficulty. Exclamations of +9!!!! Are tossed around. The thing slows into a grind, but dang if we aren't still handling things!

We spent about an hour into that mission with the promise of -1 to clear the rest. About 75% in the MM and the blaster bail, and we really don't have the damage to finish it. Sadness.

After we quit via wambulance, at least two of us spawned in the Atlas hospital... what?

My poison def is looking for a Nature buddy to run Manticore again. Anyone?

Green is mean.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/1/2023 at 8:00 PM, Snarky said:

So on my new 50 i still need some Task Force badges.  Because in the end this new toon is a badger.  

One of the ones I need is a Manticore.  So, I see a PUG ad.  I join.  I notice 37s everywhere.  Now, I like experience, everyone does.  But Paragon Protectors are a lot easier to cut through the closer they are to your level.  or they MOG.  

We are five mobs in when I confirm the pattern. 

I send a question in team "Are we running at +1"

Leader "Yeah"

Me "Was that in the ad?"

Leader "Never said it was speed"

Now see.  To me there are various conversations that could have happened here.  But that particular response can (to me) be boiled down to "My team, my rules, I own you for the rest of this task force."  

It was at this moment when... charlie knew he messed up - That's My ...

Was on a TF the other day and made the mistake of arriving at the door BEFORE the leader.  Now mind you, I didn’t ENTER the mission, just arrived at the door before the leader.  Apparently they were fiddling trying to find the Team Transporter power and everyone was supposed to wait to use that method of transport.  So they began yelling about it in team chat, and two others chimed in to “kick me” because apparently, at least a few of this group were SG mates.  No mention of this was made in the advertising of the TF, nothing said at all about it.  No harm done, right, because again…I DIDNT ENTER THE MISSION JUST GOT TO THE DOOR AHEAD OF LEADERS ABILITY TO TRIGGER TT FOR THE TEAM.

”My TF, my rules, obey them or I kick”

I do PUGs frequently, usually without much expectation of anything other than finishing the missions/TF’s we embark upon, its not like much about this game is unbeatable with a PUG.  But to be threatened for a kick JUST FOR NOT WAITING FOR TT was over the top.

I couldn’t /gignore the leader and their cohorts fast enough.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, Crysis said:

Was on a TF the other day and made the mistake of arriving at the door BEFORE the leader.  Now mind you, I didn’t ENTER the mission, just arrived at the door before the leader.  Apparently they were fiddling trying to find the Team Transporter power and everyone was supposed to wait to use that method of transport.  So they began yelling about it in team chat, and two others chimed in to “kick me” because apparently, at least a few of this group were SG mates.  No mention of this was made in the advertising of the TF, nothing said at all about it.  No harm done, right, because again…I DIDNT ENTER THE MISSION JUST GOT TO THE DOOR AHEAD OF LEADERS ABILITY TO TRIGGER TT FOR THE TEAM.

I do PUGs frequently, usually without much expectation of anything other than finishing the missions/TF’s we embark upon, its not like much about this game is unbeatable with a PUG.  But to be threatened for a kick JUST FOR NOT WAITING FOR TT was over the top.

I had some weird experiences on a certain server.  THis reminds me of that.  I was on one of my Brutes and was cannonballing mobs.  Which the leader did not want.  So....they kind of stalked me in game and on the boards for a few weeks.  Which, being a grumpy old vampire, I still laugh about.

3 hours ago, Crysis said:

That is a definite "Wow" moment.

I've been liking this thread since it's getting me to be a bit more communicative when leading.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Crysis said:

This is petty ...

so yes a giginore is warranted.

I ran with a PUG TF recently where the leader asked who had TT and established an order so it was used efficiently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

3 hours ago, JasperStone said:

This is petty ...

so yes a giginore is warranted.

I ran with a PUG TF recently where the leader asked who had TT and established an order so it was used efficiently. 

See now that’s fine, especially in the Shard TF’s.  Which, to this day I’m convinced were all created by a summer intern learning how to build missions via copy and paste.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crysis said:

See now that’s fine, especially in the Shard TF’s.  Which, to this day I’m convinced were all created by a summer intern learning how to build missions via copy and paste.

was it a shard tf?  dude got there before the team

On 2/3/2023 at 8:56 AM, Snarky said:

Too true. These people seriously misjudge how much i game

I was in a PUG with Snarky yesterday and I can attest to him not dropping and not totally being Snarky, I think he lol'd at a terrible joke I made, or maybe it was a pity laugh, or maybe he was being snar . . . . heeeeeeyyyyyy.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

23 hours ago, Crysis said:

Heh... "Let me save you some time then!" /quit.

Generally, I am onboard with that whole "your team, your rules" thing, but only when the rules make sense and the team lead isn't just compensating for their lack of authority or power in the real world by being a petty tyrant in game.  Sounds like you definitely met the latter sort there.

18 hours ago, Snarky said:

was it a shard tf?  dude got there before the team

No!  That’s the funny part.  It was in Numina after the final “kill XX in zone YY” and we’d all split up to take out the various trash and at that point were all already in Eden and a few hundred yards from the door mish that follows those annoying mini missions.

It was petty and yes I saved them the trouble and just dropped and re-ran it with my own team.

Playing an MMO offers no guarantees that you’ll be playing with people who have a personality worth teaming with in first place.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Crysis said:

No!  That’s the funny part.  It was in Numina after the final “kill XX in zone YY” and we’d all split up to take out the various trash and at that point were all already in Eden and a few hundred yards from the door mish that follows those annoying mini missions.

It was petty and yes I saved them the trouble and just dropped and re-ran it with my own team.

Playing an MMO offers no guarantees that you’ll be playing with people who have a personality worth teaming with in first place.  

Thats pretty screwy.   I dont need the merits but considering they were pretty much just smack talking you….i would have stayed in TF and logged out….   Now Thats Snark! 

wait.. that is funny.  And i know it gets the badge…but merits?   Not a trick i pull often.  This is a really niche case

Edited by Snarky

On 2/4/2023 at 10:32 AM, JasperStone said:

Like typing the level of a TF when announcing is so hard.

It isn't.  If you actually read and understood what I wrote, I said the leader forming that TF could've communicated better too.  That still isn't an excuse for not asking basic questions if you aren't sure when joining a team. 

Nice try though 😉

On 2/4/2023 at 10:32 AM, JasperStone said:

If no level is listed, the expectation is it is at 0

That's your expectation which others clearly don't have and why people should communicate with each other if they aren't certain.

1 minute ago, Excraft said:

It isn't.  If you actually read and understood what I wrote, I said the leader forming that TF could've communicated better too.  That still isn't an excuse for not asking basic questions if you aren't sure when joining a team. 

Nice try though 😉

That's your expectation which others clearly don't have and why people should communicate with each other if they aren't certain.

Sure, but if they expect me to stay when they start changing the deal.....just sayin' their expectations may be a tad off as well...

9 hours ago, Excraft said:

Nice try though 😉

I was countering your argument. 

Nice try though.

• Thumbs Down 1

/e poofgone

This here is why I'm less and less inclined to form PuG TFs. With this amount of whining, there's far too much room for a simple mistake to be blown way out of proportion. Plus...you know, all this dodging of accountability is reaching superhuman levels.

*Others bitch and moan about team lead and or members not doing X*

'Kay get off your arse and form one.

*Coughs and silent shuffles, then pitchforks*

Yep...

Both parties should communicate well of course, but(and not giving this team lead the benefit of the doubt with the rude response) also, it's just if this is so much of an issue and neither party wants to admit some modicum of fault(as VERY apparent in this whole thread), why not just form your own team? That way you can set up your own little rules on the playground, so to speak.

Edited by Seed22
  • Thanks 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

i negate your non counter by never countering nothing!

"You rolled a 6 and needed at least a 7. It appears your feint has failed and left the combatant flailing futility for the foreseeable future." -GM Monkey with a Keyboard

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum