Wolverine?

Ultimo

So, I'm working on a character I want to base on Wolverine.  My initial question is, Scrapper or Brute?  I initially thought Scrapper, but with Wolverine's tendency to go berzerk, the Brute's Fury might actually be more in character.  What do you think?

I had a pen and paper Champions Clone of Wolverine called Badger.  (did not realize back then badging was a thing...)

I would go Claws Willpower Scrapper.  Willpower is outshone by Invul on a Brute.  Just is at high end builds.  But on a Scrapper?  I do not run them much but I am thinking Willpower has to be sweet there.  And of course damage.  Just build to be a little ball of hate no one want within 8 feet of them.  email yourself a few rezzes for the ugly fights lol.

Regen is better the more HP you have, since most of its powers operate as a percentage of that total. Brute is the way to go.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

6 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I had a pen and paper Champions Clone of Wolverine called Badger.  (did not realize back then badging was a thing...)

The Badger may not like being called a Wolverine clone:

The_Badger_issue_25.jpg

@Ultimo, Fury is less going berserk than getting increasingly mad. Rage is more going berserk. Like above, Claws for Wolverine. Street Justice for the Badger. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Most of my characters are based initially on existing characters, but over time, I try to move them away from the initial design.  Some of them remain closer than others, but I try to get some distance from it.  Sometimes, it's just their powers that are the same.  Other times, I use the same costume colours in a very different costume.  In every case, I do try to make them more unique as I go.

Wolverine is just the starting concept.  I plan to work out something more unique when I play him a bit.

11 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

The Badger may not like being called a Wolverine clone:

The_Badger_issue_25.jpg

@Ultimo, Fury is less going berserk than getting increasingly mad. Rage is more going berserk. Like above, Claws for Wolverine. Street Justice for the Badger. 

WTF is he doing to that poor duck?!?!?! 

• Haha 2

A friend asked me if I knew any Motown puns. I told him I know two or three, maybe four, tops!

Wolverine is a Timber Wolf clone.

TWolf1.jpg

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

11 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

From what I am led to believe, everything is better on some other AT than brutes unless you are pairing Super Strength with Energy Aura.

dark/dark is better on brute than any other melee.  in my opinion.  needs to be a tank or brute to take advantage of resist armor caps.  dark is a crappier tank armor due to agro management issues with non suppressed stealth, and the damage is better on a Brute.  wish it had the larger aoe, but still better on a brute.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
On 3/16/2023 at 9:55 PM, carroto said:

He is angry at the killing of the duck by the hunters.  The Badger is kind of like Doctor Dolittle, a friend of the animals who can communicate with them.  Except he knows martial arts and is crazy (literally).

Yeah, I read Badger in my early teens, before I met the gritty anti-heroes.

If I were to make something that had claws and kept coming back to life, I'd make it wear a striped red and green sweater and rock a hat and have burned up skin.

Obviously I'm not going to make it, but Freddy would be a Claws/Regen Stalker. I guess after all the sequels Freddy upgraded to having two razor blade gloves.

You can do 1 set of claws normal bladed claws and one set black/black vanguard blades or w/e they're called it will be very hard tosee especially in combat. Giving you that 1 hand claw look. 

Anyway I thought of a wolverine parody and went brute cause I already have a claws/Regen scrapper

Edited by Rokkeb

Geez... everyone making recommendations about what's more powerful.... Maybe you should just make a fire/ma blaster, and then part your hair funny and do a lot of brooding and scowling.

• Haha 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

• 2 weeks later
On 3/20/2023 at 10:26 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

If I were to make something that had claws and kept coming back to life, I'd make it wear a striped red and green sweater and rock a hat and have burned up skin.

Obviously I'm not going to make it, but Freddy would be a Claws/Regen Stalker. I guess after all the sequels Freddy upgraded to having two razor blade gloves.

I'd argue Savage's animations fit Freddy better.  Actually, and probably Dark Armor too.  Aura of Fear, Self-Res, etc.