Complaining about imaginary things

MHertz

Yes, kids, it’s that time again! A new build has hit the beta testing server and it’s time to complain about things that don’t exist.

For one thing, I really don’t like the new Mastermind set, Government Attorneys. It’s supposed to debuff with -Speed and -Recharge but it only seems to affect my own team. And they also debuff each other. Plus, their Subpoena attacks just take forever to have any effect.

I really don’t like how you replaced Echo Galaxy City with the set from “Cats.” I also didn’t need to see a bunch of citizens walking around dressed like James Corden or Taylor Swift in cat suits. I mean, to be fair, the giant catgirl statue can stay (rowr!) but everything else should get reverted.

Can we please change the Water Blast power set back to water and not pies and glitter and seltzer bottles? I have a thing about clowns and I just know that I’m going to see a ton of them after this hits Live.

The new mission arc for Justin Greene (Justin Lost His Cellphone) is terrible. Isn’t there a better mission plan than to run to all the contacts in his phone and give them his new number? IP is a huge zone and it takes forever. And you have to keep running back to him to get the next name. Why can’t I use his new phone number to call him? Why is a superhero doing this?

The new Tantrum set for Blasters (secondary) and Scrappers (primary) looks pretty good animation wise, but I’m finding it doesn’t really do enough damage. The Footstomp doesn’t really do anything, the Door Slam doesn’t have a large enough radius, and Meltdown should be moved down to T6 or T7. It looks hilarious when you hit the floor and scream and cry, but the damage is not deserving of a nuke. The only animation that needs work is Rude Gesture, which looks weird without any separate fingers on the character model. But the really good part is that the set actually gets worse when paired with Regen, which totally fits the theme.

I really appreciate how we got a new body model after all these years, but why couldn’t it have been Female Huge instead of Sports Mascot? They’re not much better than clowns, to be honest.

Edited by MHertz
  • Haha 10
  • Thumbs Up 1

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

i’m not sure this is true - everyone left the game after the defense type changes don’t you remember? we all had to fundamental rebuild from the ground up all of our 114 main alts because the Inner Circle™ hates farmers and min/max’d characters

how dare you suggest people actually -try- the changes before complaining, ridiculous

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MHertz said:

For one thing, I really don’t like the new Mastermind set, Government Attorneys. It’s supposed to debuff with -Speed and -Recharge but it only seems to affect my own team. And they also debuff each other. Plus, their Subpoena attacks just take forever to have any effect.

But Objection is such a cool power!

• Thumbs Up 1

Even my less than complete grasp on reality is having a tough time following this and a tougher time caring.  

And so I give you a short paragraph of auto complete as a response:

What’s funny about that statement was that the company has been working hard for years and has always been very successful in making sure people understand what they need and want and that people will always have their best interests at heart and that’s what we are doing right here in America right there on our border and the world of the world is changing so rapidly that we have been able not only to be more successful but also more prosperous than ever before and we have become a very important and very powerful and very strong and very…..

it started remarkably cogent then wrote itself into a box. 

2 hours ago, drdread said:

Where is the innocent bystander archetype. I WANNA BE AN INNOCENT BYSTANDER!!! 🤬

And you will get to. That is one of the three forms you get with the new prestige archetype, “The Door Sitter“ (The other two are “impressionable youth,“ and “fairly useless sidekick“).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Even my less than complete grasp on reality is having a tough time following this and a tougher time caring.  

And so I give you a short paragraph of auto complete as a response:

What’s funny about that statement was that the company has been working hard for years and has always been very successful in making sure people understand what they need and want and that people will always have their best interests at heart and that’s what we are doing right here in America right there on our border and the world of the world is changing so rapidly that we have been able not only to be more successful but also more prosperous than ever before and we have become a very important and very powerful and very strong and very…..

it started remarkably cogent then wrote itself into a box. 

Biggest run on sentence I've seen.

Hurts my head.

• Haha 1

I'm sorely disappointed that the Kitten Shittin' assault set didn't make it into this Page.  I was really looking forward to pairing that with Denim Control.  Which was also delayed.

C'est la vie.

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I gotta say, I was pretty confused DON'T STARE when a new currency called "Forbidden Knowledge" was added to the patch. I've collected IT STARES BACK a ton, but I have no idea what to use IT DOESN'T BLINK it on or how much I should have in the first place. When I asked MUST CONSUME a dev about it, their only response was "it told me to". What does that even mean? IT KNOWS Doesn't seem like a great use of dev time to me.

Does anyone else have an odd craving for organ meat?

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

9 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I gotta say, I was pretty confused DON'T STARE when a new currency called "Forbidden Knowledge" was added to the patch. I've collected IT STARES BACK a ton, but I have no idea what to use IT DOESN'T BLINK it on or how much I should have in the first place. When I asked MUST CONSUME a dev about it, their only response was "it told me to". What does that even mean? IT KNOWS Doesn't seem like a great use of dev time to me.

No, I was Army, not a Marine.

We have SOME standards.

Not many, but some.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

johnny homicidal maniac | Comics Johnny The Homicidal Maniac Wallpaper/Background 1280 x 1024 ...

• Haha 3

I, for one, am pleased that nipples have not only been un-nerfed, but given their own scale slider. No complaints here.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

10 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I, for one, am pleased that nipples have not only been un-nerfed...

So we're going to see a bunch of rock star characters with names on the theme of Nippleback.

• Haha 1

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

16 hours ago, MHertz said:

So we're going to see a bunch of rock star characters with names on the theme of Nippleback.

They will be most noticeable when paired with alts named after variations of Coldplay.

And a tech update... not just a scale slider, but X-Y-Z sliders! Yayyyyy Dev Team!

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 4/13/2023 at 5:47 PM, Sarion said:

Everyone, I think we need to look at the bigger picture. Regen, it needs to be nerfed. No matter what else takes place, if regen is not nerfed then this has all been for naught.  Thank you for your time.

Good luck with that.  They still haven't given us the P2W vendored, limited-ammo, regen Nerf gun that lets you regen teammates.

On 4/13/2023 at 5:35 PM, Snarky said:

When are we getting a backpack nipple anyways?   

Do you need to look any more of a tit? 😄

• Haha 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Beats being able to create a B I F

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)