questions on Seismic Blast

Snarky

my main questions are regarding Seismic Force.  I see the powers that say they generate it. So, ....I can get that memorized.

How do I monitor how much of this crap I got?  Is it a mystery.

Related.  Stalagmite.  This looks like a real turd for a T8 power.  You gotta be on the ground, and it does almost know damage.  Oh, it has a mag 3 stun.  So you can dick around with a minion if you want to stay amused.  But it does EXTREME (mids has no numbers, and makes no promises) if you have these Seismic wave thingys.  How many?  Can you have more than one?  Do I know if I got them?  Was this just a "great idea" a Dev had after one two many lungfulls of bong inspiration?  Then the rest of the team was like "it adds flavor, and it doesnt overpower the set (heh) so lets let him put it on"

• Haha 2

The little ringy thing around the power icons show up when you get the extra quakey quakes. Also one power actually changes it's icon completely. If only there was a sound so bat ears could hear when the oven goes ding....

The effects are noticable, I think, too. Pair it with dark?

Edited by BazookaTwo
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BazookaTwo said:

The little ringy thing around the power icons show up when you get the extra quakey quakes. Also one power actually changes it's icon completely. If only there was a sound so bat ears could hear when the oven goes ding....

Is there more than one level of this thing like some gimmick sets? Or is this off/on?

9 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Is there more than one level of this thing like some gimmick sets? Or is this off/on?

So, there are actually two things - Pressure and Shockwaves.

Pressure is a self-buff that does nothing by itself. You can see it in your buff bar. You can stack it multiple times. The more you stack, the higher the chance that you'll randomly make a Shockwave.

The Shockwave is a little patch on the ground that spawns where you're standing. It can knock down enemies. If you're standing on it, you get the empowered effect (indicated by the ring) on certain powers. You either have the shockwave effect or you don't, so you don't have to worry about counting stacks of it.

Edited by EdgeOfDreams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seismic Waves works like any other resource mechanic in the game currently. Once you have 3, power go boom. You'll know you have 3 if your toon starts making fart earthquake noises and passively knocking down surrounding mobs.

Rock Shards gets increased damage and range. It's a pretty serious buff. All in all a decent spender for those lower levels.

Seismic Force (whatever the aim is called) gets a massively reduced recharge if you use it with max stacks. Something like 30 seconds shaved off.

Stalagmites turns into a heavy-hitter ST attack if you spend your stacks on it. Personally, this is the one I would deem skippable. IMO the other blasts doing good damage all the time outweighs this one doing increased damage some of the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I rock stalagmites (see what I did with word play).

When I have pressure built it hammers them to hell and stuns, normally it only takes three lesser attacks to get the pressure up and bam!  It recharges fast enoug for me that I can fire it multiple times in a group fight.  It is absolutely NOT skippable and rates the slotting.

Mmmmmm. . . stabby rocks of disorientation.

Krystala rocks!

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I save Stalagmites for when it's enhanced (orange ring). The enhanced version hits hard. City of Data has the numbers. 

Rock Shards and Upthrust take a ton of procs. I have each slotted with acc/dmg, acc/dmg/end, and 4 procs (my Seismic is a defender).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

My attack chain is 4 "building" attacks (must be from seismic primary) to build pressure then my fifth attack is either Rock Shards or Stalagmite depending on if I need AoE w/knockdown or ST.   All of the attacks are short animations, so this makes for a very quick, and strong attack chain.  Also great for procs.

The real gem of Seismic is that you have 2 AoE knockdowns... Upthrust and Rock Shards.  And they're both 100% knockdown... so you can juggle full spawns in a similar way to what Air Superiority does for single targets.  And you can start doing this in your teens so it's a really really strong build to use with full teams.  Sure you can't fly, but you don't need to.  Over time I just built up a habbit of shuffling backward to line up my cone and always staying out of melee.  This technique is extremely powerful.   My default is to use rockshards and I really only use stalagmite for bosses and runners.

Another trick involves using build-up.   If you have Seismic force up with the ring around build-up... you may think to yourself that you wish to click build up without burning the boost so you can combine buildup with the damage boost.  And there's a trick that allows you to do this.  JUMP!.  You can jump and click build up while you're in the air, then when you land you can hit your attack and do a boosted stalagmite or or boosted rock shards with the +damage from build-up as well.  It takes a little practice... there's a little delay... I find it helps if I think of clicking buildup on the way down instead of on the way up.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

1 hour ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the coffin today. 

Mebbe. I jumped off my Tank for a day and made a Seismic Cold Corruptor.  High ranged defense. Got it to 47.  I fly a lot. The build is safer hover blasting in stuff like ITF outdoors.  In caves just hang back on the ground.  

13 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Mebbe. I jumped off my Tank for a day and made a Seismic Cold Corruptor.  High ranged defense. Got it to 47.  I fly a lot. The build is safer hover blasting in stuff like ITF outdoors.  In caves just hang back on the ground.  

I made a Seismic/Earth Blaster when Seismic first came out. While I think the animations are a bit lackluster it plays really well once you get the hang of it. Meteor never gets old.

• Like 2

Grounds where you want to be anyways its one of the few blaster sets where being on the ground actually benefits you. Seismic blast is devestating and one of the most viscerally satisfying sets out there. MEteror strike alone is one of the most devestating T9s out there

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

1 minute ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I made a Seismic/Earth Blaster when Seismic first came out. While I think the animations are a bit lackluster it plays really well once you get the hang of it. Meteor never gets old.

Agreed whole heartedly it got so fun that when id driop an aim build up boosted meteor steike on a group id type Boom in the chat before it hit then watch the BOOM folow 

• Haha 3

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

2 hours ago, Uun said:

I save Stalagmites for when it's enhanced (orange ring). The enhanced version hits hard. City of Data has the numbers. 

Rock Shards and Upthrust take a ton of procs. I have each slotted with acc/dmg, acc/dmg/end, and 4 procs (my Seismic is a defender).

They do proc sexily!  More secksi.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I have a lvl 2 seismic blaster so i feel qualified to answer this question.

Get the buff and then do the thing.  The other thing will have the thing and the stuff will make more stuff.  Make sure u have the stuff before the thing or the thing will be wimpy.  Also,  you make magical rocks appear out of thin air but it only works if you stand on the ground because the ground is made from rocks but you dont use those rocks for attacking.  Finally,  if you get the stuff and then do the slow thing and then the moderate speed thing and then the fast thing,  you can have all the stuff do the thing at the same time.

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, catsi563 said:

Grounds where you want to be anyways its one of the few blaster sets where being on the ground actually benefits you.

Exactly.  I like the theme and I like the devs sticking to their guns of needed to be connected to the ground (aka earth) for that power to flourish.  Thematic design matters, like it does with Dual Pistols and this upcomming Storm Blast doodle.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Snarky said:

... bong inspiration?...

-20% accuracy, +30% absorb, possibility to mez enemies or yourself

• Haha 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

25 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Stalagmite does -20% accuracy and gives absorb?   And a standalone mag 3 stun with nothing in the set to stack with…that allows you to stun one minion.   For 6 seconds.   *swoon

Six seconds is long enough to snap off two maybe three shots and that damage is nothing to sneeze at; you aren't just being Snarky you are a Pessimistic Pete which is worse than a Narcissistic Nosferatu.  I'm just saying from my play of seismic shooter Krystala, Stalagmites is a solid power that I fire frequently and to great effect.  She was my fastest to fifty using normal, actual play means and fun.  Super fun.  Rumble Blast.  UP THRUUUUUUST! Stabby Stones!

The only problem is Meteor becuase that goes like this:

Click Meteor

Someone else alphas the mob fast - All dead

Moving to next mob

Meteor strike hits the corpses.

2 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

Six seconds is long enough to snap off two maybe three shots and that damage is nothing to sneeze at; you aren't just being Snarky you are a Pessimistic Pete which is worse than a Narcissistic Nosferatu.  I'm just saying from my play of seismic shooter Krystala, Stalagmites is a solid power that I fire frequently and to great effect.  She was my fastest to fifty using normal, actual play means and fun.  Super fun.  Rumble Blast.  UP THRUUUUUUST! Stabby Stones!

The only problem is Meteor becuase that goes like this:

Click Meteor

Someone else alphas the mob fast - All dead

Moving to next mob

Meteor strike hits the corpses.

I learned to not corpse blast a long time ago when I started with Super Strength Brutes and KO blow.  If you cannot read how the fight is going...

Stunning a minion for 6 seconds so you can burn it down.   There are so many issues here that I am just walking away from it.

Parting shot....you think 6 seconds is a long time?

Hey, whatever floats your Stygian River boat, not trying to convert you just giving you my opinion based on play not Mids or maths, both fine tools.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

Channelling: Kenneth Williams: Nasal Flare: EyeBulge

OOooooooooooooh.... doesn't one just love getting ones ring flare with a quakey quake and we're not even near Mordor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.