What forum(s) do you never read/post to?

Which forum(s) do you never read or post to?  and why? 

I've been curious about this for a while having noticed that some of the server forums go without a posting for weeks at a time.  It's also true with the Real World forums, and as those that post there tend to be the same few, it's left me wondering if most forumites even know of their existence (they only show under "Home", not under "Home>City of Heroes: Homecoming", which I've speculated is the reason.)

I never read, post, or comment in the General Discussion forum.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I tend to only read/post to General, Art & Multimedia, the various archetype forums, and the one for the one server I play on (Excelsior). I'll venture into Suggestions about once a month, but not regularly. Everything else I pass right over.

• Thumbs Up 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

It’d be easier to list where I do post. General Discussion, Mission Architect, and Torchbearer discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I would never read a forum that would have me as a member.

Serious answer: I usually stick to just Suggestions, General, and Mission Architects.  I do dip into Mission Architect (having just pubbed a new one and for tips).  I have one in a while looked into whatever it's called, "superhero culture" or something?

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I keep https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/10-general-discussion/ and https://forums.homecomingservers.com/ open at all times, even when I'm playing a game or watching a movie.  I refresh both frequently and read whatever catches my interest.

I never check the PvP forum, RP forum, or the server-specific forums.  Those are people-oriented.  I'm not a people person.

I rarely look at Guides or Badges.  I usually know what I'm doing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Uh...

*looks at post count*

A lot of them.

Back in the Paragon days, I used to post a lot to Roleplaying, usually my stories but sometimes I dabbled in the Forum RP.  Eventually I got sick of the rampant "un-reffed" nature of Forum RP, so I stopped doing it and focused on my writing.  Here, though, I haven't felt the urge to write much except my Protector Pops story.

However, despite my rarity of posting, I do have one region I try to avoid:  Suggestions.  I have never seen so much negativity just poured into one region of this game's fanbase before.  Suggestions is rapidly gaining a reputation of "The place where good ideas go to die," and the people circling that section of the forum like hungry vultures are certainly reinforcing that reputation.

You have to adopt an attitude of "fire and forget" in Suggestions, because most of the feedback I see there boils down to "I don't want this because it changes things in ways I didn't consider and I only want the HC devs to change things the way I want!"  Any little flaw in an idea leads to an utter and complete teardown, and eventually you start thinking these people are only doing it to massage their own egos.  Say you suggest "Vehicles," and you'll get responses of "That's too vague!" or "The devs have looked into it and it's not possible."  Give a detailed idea of a potential powerset and the same people who said another idea was "too vague" now come along to say the idea is "too detailed" while others come along to whine about the numbers.  Meanwhile, there's a bunch that come along and complain "Well if they waste time on this idea, then they won't be able to work on the stuff they announced!" (which is nonsense, because the devs already have what they're working on; they're not going to let a nifty idea derail them when they're already in the middle of something).

Is it any wonder we've been getting posts in General Chat that ask how we do with certain aspects of the game and also ask what else we'd like to see in that vein?  The last two weeks have been Melee Sets and Blast Sets, each with dialogue asking for what players would like to see improved or suggestions for new ideas.  It's friendlier (or at least more moderated) in General Chat.

Suggestions is supposed to be fun, some little "Gee, I'd like to see something like this..." ideas for consideration, but some people go and ruin it for everybody by thinking they can play "arm chair developer."

• Thumbs Up 4

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.

11 hours ago, Techwright said:

image.png.4453ffd95c4a2792fa9d2ef5e8c97d34.png

It's true, I never see Oklahoman post here.  Never.

In other news, I tend to avoid server (excuse me - shard) forums (fora?).  Occasionally I'll dip into the Archetype forums (fora?) for advice on something I've never played before, but not being big on set IOs, I don't go there for fun.

I'm honestly surprised the Real World section is so sparse.  There's a lot of world out there.

Edited by TheOtherTed
an attempt to be relevant
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rolandgrey said:

However, despite my rarity of posting, I do have one region I try to avoid:  Suggestions.  I have never seen so much negativity just poured into one region of this game's fanbase before.  Suggestions is rapidly gaining a reputation of "The place where good ideas go to die," and the people circling that section of the forum like hungry vultures are certainly reinforcing that reputation.

The dysfunction of the suggestions forum is on a par with the US Congress.

On 5/20/2023 at 12:08 PM, Techwright said:

Which forum(s) do you never read or post to?  and why? 

I've been curious about this for a while having noticed that some of the server forums go without a posting for weeks at a time.  It's also true with the Real World forums, and as those that post there tend to be the same few, it's left me wondering if most forumites even know of their existence (they only show under "Home", not under "Home>City of Heroes: Homecoming", which I've speculated is the reason.)

23 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

I never read, post, or comment in the General Discussion forum.

I want to thank Oklahoman for directing me to this forum on Discord.