June 2023 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

As always with these posts, I’d like to drop a quick reminder that there are more ways to support Homecoming than just through donations. For a general overview of the different ways you can help Homecoming, check out this thread.

Last Month: May 2023

Last month we accepted $4,692.52 in donations, $2.36 over our target for the month. As always, any additional funding remaining at the end of each month is put towards our operating expenses for the following month or additional expenses for the current month.

Here is the breakdown of our expenses in May:

• $4,372.43 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $125.00 for our annual Registered Agent fee
  • $121.26 for Google Workspace
  • $27.00 for domain renewals earlier this year
    • This is showing up now due to a billing delay on IONOS’ side but was included in an earlier donation window
  • $25.00 for a Paperspace Air instance
  • $19.25 for an AWS EC2 instance and SES
  • $9.73 for security / administration software (redacted)

image.png.17235734e218c412c82f9bd1faab7449.png

This Month: June 2023

The donation target for June 2023 is $4,672.10. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,372.43 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $121.57 for Google Workspace
  • $105.00 to renew support for our forum software
  • $25.00 for a Paperspace Air instance
  • $19.25 for an AWS EC2 instance and SES
  • $9.73 for security / administration software

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $4,672.10 and will automatically close once that target is met.

- The Homecoming Team

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Might want to go ahead and put a ping on the Discord announcement.  Seems like things are moving noticeably slower than usual.  I know lots of folks are traveling this weekend, or enjoying other things.  But, come on!  It's CoH people! 🤓

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

Got in again this time.

I didn't see a red pin on Discord, so I thought donations weren't open, until I checked the forum...

Edit: Usually things get settled overnight (in EU times), so hopefully people will notice!

Edited by Asacledhae
Added a final thought.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh!! This is the weekend! Donated! I was playing in the yard and missed the notification.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

25 minutes ago, starro said:

Oh!! This is the weekend! Donated! I was playing in the yard and missed the notification.

Hehe, it seems that many people have, as there was no "ping" in the announcement this time!

Hopefully we'll get things sorted soon!

• Like 2

Been trying to get the word out that Donations are still open but chat is so busy that it's buried in no time.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

2 hours ago, BrandX said:

Donated a day or two ago, thought it'd be filled by now.

I understand Memorial Day is a big holiday in the US (I'm Canadian so I don't know too much about it), so people go away for a bit. It will pick up around Tuesday once everyone has returned.

Hey @Cipher, if you aren't too busy and don't mind sharing, why do you think it took longer to hit the donation target this time?

From my earlier post, it seemed that you started it at an odd time (4am on Saturday!) and someone else reported that it was not advertised on Discord as usual.  Where those intentional moves to try and get different folks to contribute?  Can you tell if it's the same 200 or so players that fund it every month?

• Like 1

I doubt there were ulterior motives. Folks had holiday plans, so the post was made 1am PST on Saturday, and a ping wasn't made. I think on Monday or Tuesday a ping went out on Discord, I don't know about in game, though, I was BBQing.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• City Council
On 5/31/2023 at 5:24 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

Hey @Cipher, if you aren't too busy and don't mind sharing, why do you think it took longer to hit the donation target this time?

From my earlier post, it seemed that you started it at an odd time (4am on Saturday!) and someone else reported that it was not advertised on Discord as usual.  Where those intentional moves to try and get different folks to contribute?  Can you tell if it's the same 200 or so players that fund it every month?

The donation window opened so early because I had to head out of town early Saturday morning and needed to get it taken care of before then.

Usually when we open the donation window each month we do an announcement and ping in-game and on Discord. Because of the time of day that this one went up, I decided it was best not to ping at the time. I probably (clearly?) should have done the ping later in the day, but I don't like excessively pinging people or posting in the announcement channels unless it seems warranted to do so. I was also a little curious to see what would happen if we didn't, to be honest, as this was the first time we opened donations outside of our normal hours.

To be clear - we do keep some money in the accounts between donation windows specifically to cover any unforseen expenses that may arise or help smooth out potential issues with a funding round. It's not a huge amount, $1,000 - $2,250, but it does mean that  based on past months, we're likely able to cover our expenses early in the month if the donation target isn't met by the time we are billed. This donation window has shown that we may need to increase the size of this fund, though, as the bulk of our expenses are billed at the start of the month, and the contingency fund isn't enough to fully cover us if it was ever necessary to do so. In a worst-case scenario, it's important to know that Homecoming is financially backed by myself, and if at any point we didn't have funds to cover our frontloaded expenses, I would be providing whatever is necessary to get us past the hurdle until donations have finished for the month. It's not ideal, but I hope this offers some peace of mind.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!