QoL Suggestion for Jurassik and Babbage and the Kraken

There are times when I am playing late and I have alts that like to hunt the giants. During these sessions I see many alerts for the Croatoa War and also the new alerts for Eochai and Jack.

I see several more alerts for Ghost of Scrapyard and even the Arachnos Flyer,  but the 3 giants that sometimes don't appear to be spawning until maybe 8 hours after their last spawn is Jurassik, Babbage and Kraken.   I realize that it is a random timer, but sometimes I think the timer isn't running right, or maybe it is. Who knows?

But the suggestion for Jurassik, Babbage and Kraken is to make them like Deathsurge, Ghost of Scrapyard, and Caleb, where they can be invoked by defeating x-amount of specific targets. 

Deathsurge appears after 100 gremlins, Caleb after 100 Nerva ghosts before sundown, Ghost of Scrapyard after beating up the dockworkers.

So for Jurassik in Crey's Folly: Defeat 100 Dev Earth to spawn him

For Babbage in Boomtown: 100 clockwork defeated to spawn him

For Kraken: defeat 100 hydra spawn him

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

25 alts with all the badges!

• 2 weeks later

I would also like to add Paladin in Kings Row to this idea.

Last night I noticed that for several hours,  jack/eochai would spawn, troll rave would spawn, burning building would spawn, lusca would spawn, but no Clockwork events in KR.

So I did a sweep through the zone, no signs of any Paladin's stomping around, but I found one left over clock work from a previous event just sitting at the construction area.  I destroyed it, thus hopefully restarting the clock on the KR clock event.

But adding Paladin to the suggestion in my above post seems like a good idea.

Also perhaps upon defeat any critters that spawned with the giant despawn with it?

Isn’t the KR event still bugged/not working properly? I thought that was a long term goal for the Devs to revamp that event.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

As long as they don't go back to the updated version where you had to defeat 100 Clockwork to spawn. It was very difficult to spawn him when the Live devs changed the event to that.

(Edit: I was one of many players that was happy when the Live devs rolled back that change. The trigger Clockwork often didn't spawn correctly. They had set locations where they would spawn, but sometimes weren't there. I think sometimes they spawned inside the buildings.)

Edited by Rudra

2 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

Isn’t the KR event still bugged/not working properly? I thought that was a long term goal for the Devs to revamp that event.

The old new one (with the shining stars) was bugged, the new old one (stop the construction) works - also, I have seen event notifications of - i think it's "strange Clockwork activity in KR" so...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

The old new one (with the shining stars) was bugged, the new old one (stop the construction) works - also, I have seen event notifications of - i think it's "strange Clockwork activity in KR" so...

The event message is Unusual Clockwork activity in Kings Row

but here is what I have observed last night and tonight:  several hours of other events,  no clockwork event.   I go to KR and patrol the zone, no signs of any Paladins so I check the construction sites and last night and tonight I have found some of the non-level clockwork that build the paladin lingering at the site.

I do not know if they were left overs from the Paladin being built, or the construction being stopped.  But it does seem that the respawn timer won't reset the event unless all those clockwork are defeated.  

Same now as when you beat Jack or Eochai separately in Croatoa. take down all their spawn as well.

2 hours ago, Voltor said:

I do not know if they were left overs from the Paladin being built, or the construction being stopped.  But it does seem that the respawn timer won't reset the event unless all those clockwork are defeated.  

The three Paladin construction sites can randomly spawn level-less clockwork that are independent of the Paladin event, so the clocks you saw might not have been leftovers from the event.

The timer for the Paladin event can take up to 36 hours. In the meantime, the best way to check for any missed clockwork is to start at each construction site and follow a direct line to:

/thumbtack -297 -30 -2368

which is where Paladin ends up if he spawns and leaves. Any level-less clockwork traveling along that line will likely be leftovers from the event. More complete info here: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Paladin_Construction

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2023 at 11:44 PM, Voltor said:

There are times when I am playing late and I have alts that like to hunt the giants. During these sessions I see many alerts for the Croatoa War and also the new alerts for Eochai and Jack.

I see several more alerts for Ghost of Scrapyard and even the Arachnos Flyer,  but the 3 giants that sometimes don't appear to be spawning until maybe 8 hours after their last spawn is Jurassik, Babbage and Kraken.   I realize that it is a random timer, but sometimes I think the timer isn't running right, or maybe it is. Who knows?

But the suggestion for Jurassik, Babbage and Kraken is to make them like Deathsurge, Ghost of Scrapyard, and Caleb, where they can be invoked by defeating x-amount of specific targets. 

Deathsurge appears after 100 gremlins, Caleb after 100 Nerva ghosts before sundown, Ghost of Scrapyard after beating up the dockworkers.

So for Jurassik in Crey's Folly: Defeat 100 Dev Earth to spawn him

For Babbage in Boomtown: 100 clockwork defeated to spawn him

For Kraken: defeat 100 hydra spawn him

Only 100 needed?  That sounds, well, pathetically low to summon something at the status of a GM.  I just tackled another 500 Skulls yesterday for the "Kill Skuls" badge.  Not to make life a drudgery, but a higher count feels more like a summons for a Giant Monster or Arch-villain.  I presume 100 is tied to 1 player.  Is it also triggered by 1 team? That would make it sound even easier.

The 100 number is tied to the zone.  The red side giant monsters spawn after 100 of the correct mob have been defeated in the zone.  I can defeat 50 today,  someone else defeats 49 tomorrow and a 3rd person kills 1 mob on the next day and the GM would spawn.  100 might not seem like much but it is the current going rate for repeatedly resummonable giant monsters.

I personally feel like they spawn often enough if their summoned mobs had a despawn timer.