I may have found the Unicorn! Ice/Dark Corruptor

Snarky

18 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Ok... In honor of Sir Snarky, and his great Undead idea self, I have made a Ice/Dark Undead character of my own (to try out). May I present to you...

Count Ebon... 🙂

Count Ebon.jpg

Of course, he's on hero side, so I guess that means he's Snarky's black sheep brother, huh..? lol 😁

Oh well... As the old saying goes...

"That's the way the Undead crumbles!" lol

Thats a good look

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh... Thank you Snarky. Took me a while to put together just right...

(I am a old, old hand at character design looks... 🙂)

• Thumbs Up 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

On 5/29/2023 at 9:25 AM, Omega-202 said:

The animation time on Stare, Drain, Patch, Ice Storm and Blizzard are just too high.

This is why I don't play /Dark anymore.  But at least with Ice/ you can build for enough single-target damage you can just focus on cleaning up the bosses that are typically left standing after all the AoEs burn everything else to the ground.

• Thumbs Up 1

Strange... over 300 characters, and not a /Dark corruptor among them.

I've got:

• Dark/Storm - 50
  • Fire/Thermal - 50
  • Dark/Poison - 50
  • Storm/Storm - 41
  • Beam/Traps - 39
  • Water/Poison - 37
  • Water/Kinetic - 35
  • Dual Pistols/Storm - 35
  • Storm/Pain - 32
  • Water/Storm - 31
  • Radiation/Radiation - 27
  • Seismic/Storm - 22
  • Water/Cold - 22
  • Beam/Force Field - 14
  • Water/Radiation - 12

I don't even have the combo reversed on a defender.  So now I need to see what all the Dark Miasma fuss is about.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Player2 said:

...despite people's complaints about lower DPS compared to other sets, I do love a good storm.

They're just not playing it right.

image.png.cfbfd5e519ea5b0367455f456d12b097.png

I also hear tornadoes are good with Sharks in them.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/28/2023 at 1:56 PM, Snarky said:

I slapped together a MiDs build.  46.9% Ranged, Negative and Energy Defense. 45.3% AoE defense. 44.7 Fire/Cold Defense. 23% Melee, and 25% S/L.  43% S/L Resist, 34% Neg Res, and 26% Fire/Cold res.  19-20% Psi/Tox/energy Res.  

Would you be willing to post a build link, that we may gaze upon its magnificence?

53 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Would you be willing to post a build link, that we may gaze upon its magnificence?

It does need the Alpha slot to solve late build End issues.  All the Toggles do not overwhelm it until very late.  I would have liked to go Musculature instead of Cardiac but that was not gonna happen.

kPs19Nzo7mS.png
View This Build In MRB

Edited by Snarky

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

It does need the Alpha slot to solve late build End issues.  All the Toggles do not overwhelm it until very late.  I would have liked to go Musculature instead of Cardiac but that was not gonna happen.

kPs19Nzo7mS.png
View This Build In MRB

I find it really frustrating just how many builds require Cardiac to be functional. It annoys TF outta me.

On 5/29/2023 at 7:14 AM, Nyghtmaire said:

Can’t get the hold from /dark and runs afoul of the design goals. But yeah, /dark’s Soul Drain has that sweet, sweet lower recharge. Though really a shame to skip Power Boost. Really great when things get hairy.

Congrats @Snarky. It’s a helluva pairing. I hope you took Howling Twilight to stun your prey (and NOT to rez teammates - make sure it’s always on cooldown so you don’t inadvertently help someone)!

Agreed about Power Boost, it's great and an easy 1-slot power.  Also agreed about Howling Twilight, I have it slotted for knockdown, stun and recharge; it makes a great opener (especially after Power Boost 😉 ).

Soul Storm is fuunnnnnn

I have the defender version of this dark/ice and it's one of the characters I enjoy playing the most.  Debuffs, controls, damage, it does a bit of everything.    Corrupters' scourage with the rain powers is awesome though, can't go wrong with that; I just have lots of other corrupters and wanted a defender.

Edited by Jiro Ito
  • Like 2

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Большое спасибо. I will examine it carefully when I get home and can load it into Mids. I've got a few characters that proved intractable to End management until they got Cardiac, and I'm still working on breaking the habit of keeping two columns of blues in their inspiration trays against having to go full-out attack and burning End too fast.

• 8 months later
On 5/31/2023 at 8:18 AM, Snarky said:

kPs19Nzo7mS.png
View This Build In MRB

Returning player from Live years ago, this was a build I was looking to dive into but can't seem to find a build focused on the aspects of it that I want, which it sounds like you are/were. The links to your build here are no longer functioning, would you be able to post these again? I'm trying to understand some of the basics for how a Homecoming build like this would look 🙂

49 minutes ago, Froldynn said:

Returning player from Live years ago, this was a build I was looking to dive into but can't seem to find a build focused on the aspects of it that I want, which it sounds like you are/were. The links to your build here are no longer functioning, would you be able to post these again? I'm trying to understand some of the basics for how a Homecoming build like this would look 🙂

try this

Corruptor Ice Dark 1.02.mbd

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/28/2023 at 3:56 PM, Snarky said:

I have tried for many long years to find the "perfect" toon.  Oh, I have made it difficult.  I like fully ranged. I want it to be undead theme. I do not want to buff.  I prefer high damage.  There are more "wishes" but that core set created enough problems.

Dark Dark Blaster is wonky, and is partially melee.  I have one with just over 1300 badges.

I have tried Ice/Cold Corr is the past.  Good.  But, just...lacking.  Plus people want you to buff them.  And I hate pets.  Add that to the Main List lol.

I have tried half the Blasters sets out there with various secondaries. Dark, Fire, Ice, Electric, AR, Beam, Seismic...

I ran a Dark Dark Corruptor for the first 10 weeks of this year non stop.  Still...jousting in for Nuke etc....

I recently started delving into Controllers and have a Dark Dark in the late 40s.  Was looking at an Ice Ice.  

It was during the time I was getting feedback on the Controllers that someone said something that sparked my interest.  I started looking at varios Ice/Dark, Dark/Ice.  Then, as I had MiDs up I thought, look at that on a Corruptor.  

Holy crap!  Ice/Dark/Soul Corruptor.  Just sitting there. 

1) Fully ranged.  I do not take Soul Drain from Soul, just Dark Embrace and Soul Storm.  

2) Undead themed. Dark, of course. Cold is associated with the Undead in many games and lore. Hello GoT! 

3) No buffs.  One heal, that heals me and anyone around me.  They can grudgingly have some of the power I am stealing from my victim and channeling to the netherworld.

4) Moderate to High DPS.

5) No pets. (Fluffy stay away!)

I slapped together a MiDs build.  46.9% Ranged, Negative and Energy Defense. 45.3% AoE defense. 44.7 Fire/Cold Defense. 23% Melee, and 25% S/L.  43% S/L Resist, 34% Neg Res, and 26% Fire/Cold res.  19-20% Psi/Tox/energy Res.  

Am currently running through all the TF/SF/Trials in level order.  Just starting the 20-25 trio of Psyche/Yin/Mantis.

Huge ST chain.  3 ST Holds at 20-25.  4 once Soul Mastery comes in.  I have a Dark/Temp/Soul Blaster with 3 ST Holds.  I love that.  Lock it down.  

Good AoE, rains are suited to Scourge, and Tar Patch meshes well with Ice Storm and Blizzard.  

The sounds.  The groans of Petrifying gaze locking someone down, the wintery sounds of life being drained.  It is such a happy moment.

Yes, this may be something special.  I will probably be on this thing for at least a couple months seeing how well I like it and what it can do.

Can you post the build you did in Mids. I would love to take a look at it

On 2/6/2024 at 6:30 AM, Snarky said:

Good softcap Defenses....built to stay at range and shoot fish in a barrel

Corruptor Ice Dark 1.02.mbd 42.84 kB · 5 downloads

It occurs to me that this is not a Unicorn build.

It is in fact a Narwhal build. Like unicorns, but better, with longer range and actually known to defeat real life terrorists

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Need to update my corruptors it seems I do not have one like yours (i forgot what we were talking about) I need to eat more fish oils. 

No Ice / Dark corrupters closest I have is: 

Cold Dom    Dark Blast    Mr. Ice-Guy

I really like his costume too

Edited by Cyrickain13
memory loss

56 minutes ago, Cyrickain13 said:

Need to update my corruptors it seems I do not have one like yours (i forgot what we were talking about) I need to eat more fish oils. 

No Ice / Dark corrupters closest I have is: 

Cold Dom    Dark Blast    Mr. Ice-Guy

I really like his costume too

Cold Dark is nice.  But there are so many great powers in Ice/Dark is is tough to pass any up.