Macros... now with icons!

Shenanigunner

Any serious macro-users who would like to use power-tray icons instead of 2- and 3-letter gray ones, the /macro_image command has been sorted out and documented. See the updated Guide and the accompanying long, long, long list of power icon names at www.dgath.com/coh!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Wikis are when many people participate to build and update the info. From what I've seen, Paragon Wiki has barely been touched since the return and update of the game.

And the practice of bookmarking and linking to discussion posts is just too awkward to take seriously.

So, sorry if as a writer I put it all in a concise, fully-updated, instantly-accessible and searchable book. :D

• Like 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

That looks promising.  Do the ICONs track on/off recharge, and show an activating circle like the existing power buttons?

I don't think so. They're just wired to the macro, which has no recharge time. Any powers triggered would have an active icon; I guess you could stack them in trays for recharge monitoring.

• 2 months later
  • 2 weeks later
On 9/13/2019 at 4:18 PM, Switch said:

so i cant get it to work if the image macro is  /macro_image "Archery_RainofArrows" "Tooltip" "Command"  how do u add the macro part so it works and used the power ?

Replace "Tooltip" with a short description or ignore it;

Replace "Command" with whatever command you want to use there.

Example:
/macro_image "Archery_RainofArrows" "Teleport to My Base" "enterbasefrompasscode Mysupergrpcode"

... where you would replace ''Mysupergrpcode" with your supergroup base passcode.

• 6 months later

Here are the power icons from when COH was live and the new Homecoming power icons in jpeg form. The file names are the names you need to make the macros work (sans the .jpg extension at the end).  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jghr56jjEz0IdtBNju9Jn47ESZ2aNJHa/view?usp=sharing

If you view the folders in thumbnail or icon view with Windows Explorer or Finder, it's a really nice way to find the power icon name you want. Way, way better than the google spreadsheet that I've ran across by googling. In that sheet, the images rarely loaded in. 

I ended up making/editing icons for 2 Homecoming power sets. There's something in the new pigg files for the Psychic_energy and Tacticalarrow sets that keeps crashing the Piglet pigg viewer. The icons I made are not as high quality as the ones from the game files, but they do the job.

Edited by BlackSpectre
Addeded icon images
  • Like 1

• 1 month later

I've added it to the wiki:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Macro_image_(Slash_Command)

I thought this was on live as well, back in 2012 ?

I remember creating macro's with icons for my CCs and pet commands.

It's why I went looking for it.

It's not on the old Paragon Wiki though.

Edited by RogerWilco
  • Like 3

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

On 4/14/2020 at 8:51 AM, BlackSpectre said:

Here are the power icons from when COH was live and the new Homecoming power icons in jpeg form. The file names are the names you need to make the macros work (sans the .jpg extension at the end).  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jghr56jjEz0IdtBNju9Jn47ESZ2aNJHa/view?usp=sharing

This Google sheet seems to contain a nice overview.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uHUi6BWFTYj4wbfGBs3LjZL88Fym6B-8EwDr18YZcY8/edit#gid=0

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

Just checked out your website. Fantastic guides. Very good technical writing.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 2 weeks later
On 6/6/2020 at 11:02 AM, RogerWilco said:

I built upon RogerWilco's work and added the Google sheet of macro icons into that wiki page as a series of tables. The wiki page contains some icon updates as well as adding quite a few icons (mostly new ones from Homecoming) that are not present in the Google sheet.

Also, if anyone was curious, badge icons work in the macro_image command as well, but even the smallest round badge icons look too big for the slots in the tray. The bigger badge icons get bumped out of the tray and 'ride' on top.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
On 6/6/2020 at 8:02 AM, RogerWilco said:

I've added it to the wiki:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Macro_image_(Slash_Command)

I thought this was on live as well, back in 2012 ?

I remember creating macro's with icons for my CCs and pet commands.

It's why I went looking for it.

It's not on the old Paragon Wiki though.

That's nice work, @RogerWilco! Thanks for adding it to the Homecoming Wiki!

On 6/18/2020 at 8:07 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

I built upon RogerWilco's work and added the Google sheet of macro icons into that wiki page as a series of tables. The wiki page contains some icon updates as well as adding quite a few icons (mostly new ones from Homecoming) that are not present in the Google sheet.

Also, if anyone was curious, badge icons work in the macro_image command as well, but even the smallest round badge icons look too big for the slots in the tray. The bigger badge icons get bumped out of the tray and 'ride' on top.

Also great contribution, @AboveTheChemist!!! Really nice!

• 11 months later