Any teaser what is being worked on? (January 2024 edition)

Troo

12 hours ago, BrandX said:

They can throw us a bone, but when it gets here half of us will be "Awwwww...not what I wanted!"  😛

they got more.

19 minutes ago, Booper said:

TeaserI27P7.jpg

im going to assume you have 30 more of those.  ganna be a big christmas patch

The rumor is that the developers are finally porting Energy Aura to Tankers.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Going by the coin they showed, and the wiki link. One could expect a civil war within the an enemy group, going by the old picture maybe a war with shadow reflections against the Rularuu. As the coin represents Ares who is on the coin was supposed to be a puppet king for the old Empire of Persia, where he tried to kill he puppet master but ended up killing himself instead.

Revolution and chaos yadda yadda but a lot of upheaval could be happened, as the shadows might be trying to usurp in the shard and fight against their master to become something of their own entities with their own nuance.

I can be completely off base here, and this is me going too deep into the minutia, so I am probably well off the mark in some odd way.

Edited by Dr_Snokle

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

On 11/29/2023 at 9:43 AM, Dr_Snokle said:

Going by the coin they showed, and the wiki link. One could expect a civil war within the an enemy group, going by the old picture maybe a war with shadow reflections against the Rularuu. As the coin represents Ares who is on the coin was supposed to be a puppet king for the old Empire of Persia, where he tried to kill he puppet master but ended up killing himself instead.

Revolution and chaos yadda yadda but a lot of upheaval could be happened, as the shadows might be trying to usurp in the shard and fight against their master to become something of their own entities with their own nuance.

I can be completely off base here, and this is me going too deep into the minutia, so I am probably well off the mark in some odd way.

I inferred murderous eunuchs would invade. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

On 11/29/2023 at 9:43 AM, Dr_Snokle said:

i dont get it but if they tone down the shadow shard tfs or remake the whole damn things into one of those fancy new co-op zones from the ground up from the padded missions designed for a Repeatable-mission-less-world-at-the-time to the vents that rocket people from island to island that were clearly designed before inherent fitness that would also be great.  I love a good +1 or +2 kill thru synapes but something about the shadow shard TFs that just take advantage of my preference and goes too far with the other option sitting at the zonein waiting for teleport like a firefarm for 45 minutes.

might even be incarnate content like DA

On 11/29/2023 at 1:38 PM, Ashington said:

''Arses''

Maybe as in "getting our" and finally pushing the new stuff to the public...  😃

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 11/28/2023 at 10:19 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

The rumor is that the developers are finally porting Energy Aura to Tankers.

I know you're probably messing with me, but I would love this. Energy Aura is one of my favorite powersets and Tanks are my favorite AT. I've had to make do with my Brutes and Scrappers for EA. Tank Energy Aura would be so awesome. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Seconded.  I don't want to sounds like a crank or that I'm hatin' on the Mods, but I feel more smaller-releases updates would be better than "one giant one" every... however many months it's going to be. 

The population's really been down as of late, and my conspiracy theory is that everyone's had enough time with all the toys in the toy box that they're burning out and leaving; one of the only good ways to keep people is with newer stuff. 

Even all that aside, still: newer stuff should be a constant drip-drip rather than occasional deluge - just ask my houseplants!

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

The population's really been down as of late, and my conspiracy theory is that everyone's had enough time with all the toys in the toy box that they're burning out and leaving; one of the only good ways to keep people is with newer stuff. 

i think because the game’s difficulty and challenge has been watered down so many times to homeopathic levels of interest, everything feels bland and uninspiring

every archetype is any archetype, you can simply button mash your way to success in HC CoH

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

every archetype is any archetype, you can simply button mash your way to success in HC CoH

This is what kills the 'end game' in CoH for me. Over level 38 or so, there's no finesse, no timing, no management. It's simply a race to see who can click their powers the fastest.

Edited by mechahamham
  • Like 3

My problem with the "endgame" is that almost all of it is co-op, meaning that every blueside and redside alt will end up retreading the same territory. The story arcs up to level 50 are more replayable because most of them are faction segregated, so at least a hero and villain will be doing different stuff (and blueside especially because there's more contacts and zones to take a slightly different path each time). 

I want moar level 50 stuff that is faction segregated. And I don't mean level 45 contacts that scale up to level 50 like MJ, I don't count those. I mean stuff that only unlocks at 50 specifically (such as incarnate arcs). Or at least do it like Pandora's Box and Who Will Die where they cover similar events but with different angles that make them feel fresh. DA tries to do that with the whole "stab the goddess" thing but that feels like it was just tacked on at the last minute because everything plays out exactly the same before that one final choice. 

Edited by FupDup

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

On 11/29/2023 at 2:35 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

We get an ancient Persia a la Cimerora!   What else could it be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arses_of_Persia

The wiki page says that Arses is wearing the Crown of Egypt (prolly). So I reckon there's some shit to do with Golden Geezer. Innit mate. Apples and pears, bobs yer ankoo!

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

14 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

So you guys are breezing through relentless Aeons and ITFs? Damn, that's impressive. 

You don't have to breeze through relentless-set to breeze through the normal version and still get bored.  Those and 50 PI radio missions against Council, an endless parade of Yins and whatever has the high number of merits this week, people breeze those all the time.

Go have fun!

3 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You don't have to breeze through relentless-set to breeze through the normal version and still get bored.  Those and 50 PI radio missions against Council, an endless parade of Yins and whatever has the high number of merits this week, people breeze those all the time.

Oh, so you're complaining that old easy stuff is easy. I see.