Officially Unofficial Weekly Discussion #48: There can be only one (if you could only have one toon, which one do you keep?)

SeraphimKensai

My Ice/Ice/Ice Tanker.

Had her on Live, where it was all about the Fire tanker and damage.

She has tanked Hami, thanks to the support crew.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

My previous joke aside,  I'd pick my Illusion/Storm controller.  I've said it ad nauseam, but he's the Swiss Army Knife of my collection, and as such, not only do I have a response for practically every situation, I'm also least likely to get bored with him.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 9:50 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

if you could only keep one, which one do you keep?

It would have to be the big bad gal in my pfp.

Glyphica_Strut.gif?ex=6533e094&is=65216b94&hm=e60d4ffd5163518151a4347bd29064eb731fe6126ef2a2939a07fe60669b7c63&

What's it's AT powersets, which pool sets did you take, epic/patron pool?

Inv/SS/Soul Tanker

What is it about this character that made you spare it your divine wrath?

Probably her design.

My main from my limited run on Live.

The one I always love roleplaying with.

Most amount of money spent on art commissions.

How often do you actually play it compared to your other characters?

If we mean play as in actively run them around in the world and attack enemies, very little anymore. She's done literally everything once. All badges, all Ouro arcs, etc.

If we mean play by time logged in, whether idling in a spot or actively roleplaying, quite a bit. More than any other 'actively' played character.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
I added the gif :3
  • Like 1

So your fire farmer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Interesting question, and a difficult one to answer as well seeing as I like so many others here are Altaholics (The only addiction that won't hurt you lol). However, I believe it would be T'rel, my Dark Melee/Invulnerability Scrapper hands down. T'rel was the a recreation of the very first character I ever made during live on Freedom, was (is) super fun to play, and was the only level 50 character I ever had during live too. He (I) was fairly well known as well, and was even called the "Heroes Hero" many times as T'rel was in many ways just as sturdy as nearly any Tank back then, and would oftentimes be called in to help a team just get threw a mission...

However, if I could also have another character that I have grown to love a ton (and play a lot more I might add), I would include Ms Grav, my Gravity/Force Field Controller. She is a great character that is not only fun soloing, but also super helpful on teams (hey, everyone loves bubbles, right? :D). So much so, that I will always choose to use her during MSR's if I don't want to get some other Alt some good old levels instead. So I would say she would be my second main character, if there is such a thing... 🙂

T'rel... 🙂

T'rel.jpg

Ms Grav... 🙂

Ms Grav.jpg

Edited by BjorJlen
Dang spelling errors... lol

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

Perhaps this is the wrong question. Let's refine it

You decide on the toon you're going to keep. Because that's relatively easy. It's your "favourite" (insert reason why it's your favourite here... )

Get rid of it. Which non-fave toon do you retain over all of them?

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

Hmmm

Probably the one who's been my main since created on Live then recreated here upon arrival on HC.  My Claws/SR scrapper GRETA -001 (an acronym for Genetically Resequenced and Engineered for Tactical Assault).  No epic/mastery as it has varied over the nearly 2 decades of her existence.  Currently it's /Body but also spent time with both Darkness and Weapon Mastery.

Stiff competition with Reyna Morningdew Empathy/Rad/Dark Defender and Seismic Susurrus an Earth/Storm/Stone Controller.  But ultimately Greta would win out and she'd come looking to shred who ever made her friends vanish.

My Seismic/Martial blaster has been at the top of my alt list ever since I made him.  

To be honest, I'm not in love with the costume/concept of Prismatic Monkey, so I could see tweaking that.  But the quick-animating attacks and the hit-and-move playstyle combined with ridiculous raw damage and solid survivability... it's hands down my top choice.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

my Energy/MA blaster.

he isn't strong

or fast

or durable

or smart

or funny 

but

where was going with this?

oh right

Hes fun, especially solo. 

And that at the end of the day is the name of the game... Fun. 🙂

For if the fun in CoH doesn't matter, why play it in the first place? Right? 🙂

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

On 10/9/2023 at 1:07 PM, Scarlet Shocker said:

Perhaps this is the wrong question. Let's refine it

You decide on the toon you're going to keep. Because that's relatively easy. It's your "favourite" (insert reason why it's your favourite here... )

Get rid of it. Which non-fave toon do you retain over all of them?

That's easy.

Nemissary (my DarkityDarkDark Defender, on Paragon) 

Because I love him almost as much as Kestrel and he's every inch as much of a do-anything monster as she is. 

He was my first Oranbegan character. My first Death Mage.

He has no idea what he started. 😄

NemMeansBusiness.jpg

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice