Which Bio Adaptation?

drgantz

nearly all the time: offensive, especially when you can easily handle the reduced sustain.

taking too much damage and dipping: defensive

being sapped: efficient

i tend to bind these to something like z, alt+z, ctrl+z so its not a thinking/finding thing to switch moment to moment...

but nearly all the time, offensive.

spacer.png

Figs - bioarmor expert

• Like 2

Offensive 99.99% of the time.

In theory, you can switch quite fluidly, as animations are fast.

In practice, most situations in which you'd *need* Efficient or Defensive over Offensive are likely too heated for you to require the extra mental step of switching adaptations.

Switching seems most useful while leveling, solo, at a relaxed pace.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 1

If you're range you're not getting hit by sapping. Super Sapper freakshow, the bane of melee? A giggle on my sentinel who kills them outside of their ressurect range.

Sure, it's nice to have the choices, but in practice there will not be a reason to swap from offensive.

• Like 1

On all my sentinel's, from the moment they get it, I turn on offensive and leave it.  Sure the others have uses, but I can't think of a situation my sentinels would have been better served by a different adaptation.

It's one of really nice things about running BIO on a sentinel to boost the damage, which tends to be more valuable (to me).

On 10/23/2023 at 3:02 PM, drgantz said:

I assume that most choose Offensive.  I've read about each and am surprised that some powers don't give Offensive bonuses, so I wonder if many choose Efficient or Defensive.

Sometimes I'll hang in efficient mode if I don't want to slow up my rate of attack or detoggle any powers.  I generally pick powers, including incarnates, more for theme than absolute effectiveness, so your experiences may vary...

• 2 weeks later

I’m not above stance dancing, but by end game I’m generally always in offensive.  I’m not very familiar with sentinel bio, but I will consider shifting stances before activating a power if I think it’s worth it.  If I have time and I remember I will do this on Parasitic Aura on my scrappers and would probably do with Parasitc Leech on a sentinel:  activate defensive stance, activate Parasitic ***, activate offensive stance.  The 30 seconds of damage debuff will help me survive better than the 30 seconds of whatever else and it’s not hard to do.  It is hard to remember to do it though…

Who run Bartertown?

On 10/23/2023 at 3:02 PM, drgantz said:

I assume that most choose Offensive.  I've read about each and am surprised that some powers don't give Offensive bonuses, so I wonder if many choose Efficient or Defensive.

I can't say that I've played this set all that much.

Standard disclaimer for me, I'm not playing the end-game.

Most of the time I'm in Offensive. 

I switch to efficient between fights.

I guess if I felt like I was in over my head, I'd switch to defensive, but I honestly can't remember doing that very often if at all.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.