How many is that in video game years?

Greycat

Yes, it's six months away. But next year's anniversary is COH's 20th.

I think we should have more than just a badge for it, don't you? (And 25th, really. Quarter century of COH and all.)

Now, *what* I don't know. But this should be a big one - which means it'd need time to do.  Being able to see the end-of-beta event, possibly, even if just in Ouro (I know how tired people can get of invasions, after all.) Even if it's just a "close as we could get" thing. Release a special costume? What should be done for the big 140? (Dogs like COH too, after all...)

... and how many of us just went "20... damn, I'm old?"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Not really sure how it could be done in the time scale and with the challenges of our older lives, but the game use to have meet-and-greets across the USA.  Seems to me, something like that might be 20-worthy.    Perhaps a virtual m-and-g or some sort of combination?  Of course, a fair portion of you play stalkers, and I have to wonder if there's a real-life component to your choices, so...  😜

• Like 1

Maybe take a relatively unused zone, like Kallisti Warf, and trigger an end-of-beta-like invasion of old school Rikti.  Alternatively, could they utilize something like Ouroboros to allow us to go back and see the 1st Rikti invasion, and fight along side all the signature heroes?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, biostem said:

Maybe take a relatively unused zone, like Kallisti Warf, and trigger an end-of-beta-like invasion of old school Rikti.  Alternatively, could they utilize something like Ouroboros to allow us to go back and see the 1st Rikti invasion, and fight along side all the signature heroes?

I've been wanting forever to do a time warp to fight alongside Atlas at the bridge or take on Nemesis for Brass Monday.

Speaking of Atlas, the dev team made the statue's globe into a pumpkin for Halloween events.  Could they modify the statue for something appropriate for the 20th, like a disco ball or maybe something with the Spectrum skin or such?  Special banners around City Hall and statue park, each tram station, maybe adding special billboards, and providing counterparts to Red and Gold sides, as well as Pocket D would be appropriate as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

One of the first invasions in the game was Rularuu swarming the city.... bring 'em back!  Unleash the pain!  😄

I thought the game began with the Rikti invasion, though that was before my time, so I may have been misinformed but something on the grand scale would be highly appropriate.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I thought the game began with the Rikti invasion, though that was before my time, so I may have been misinformed but something on the grand scale would be highly appropriate.

What @Frozen Burnwas referring to was after beta, in Issue 1. They just released the Shadow Shard zones and wanted to spread the impact of that across higher level zones to encourage players to visit. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

The beta ended, IIRC, with the Rikti invasion.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Dona Eis Requiem said:

Something like the "Universal Studios" globe with a rotating 20th Anniversary banner? 

16 Thoughts That Describe Growing Up Watching Classic Nickelodeon Game ...

This is exciting, though modifying the statue for motion would likely be a massive undertaking.  Perhaps a static modification of the statue, but add a "holographic" 20th Anniversary banner that rotates around it?

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 6:49 PM, Greycat said:

I think we should have more than just a badge for it, don't you?

These are great ideas.

Cherries on top of what's planned.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum