PCGamer.com writer likes CoH Halloween

SuperPlyx

It's always been the best MMO event in my opinion. Better than the crap other MMO's do. Take Everquest for instance. They held a Halloween event in a level 20-40 zone that only level 85+ could do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Whoever wrote that article shares my affinity for Croatoa, a zone that is absolutely perfect except that it makes no sense for there to be a tram line that takes you to the edge of spookytown, other than to force a fresh 24/25 to walk that main thoroughfare to get ambushed by Fir Bolg and random spirits.

• Like 4

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

1 hour ago, roleki said:

Whoever wrote that article shares my affinity for Croatoa, a zone that is absolutely perfect except that it makes no sense for there to be a tram line that takes you to the edge of spookytown, other than to force a fresh 24/25 to walk that main thoroughfare to get ambushed by Fir Bolg and random spirits.

definitely one of the best zones in CoH - i remember it being released in 2006, was a lot of fun exploring the new mishes

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

definitely one of the best zones in CoH - i remember it being released in 2006, was a lot of fun exploring the new mishes

IIRC, that was the issue they implemented PhysX into the game (I was one of the 6 people who bought a PhysX card) and I can't even tell you how much time I spent just watching leaves swirl around my Singularity.  It was pretty awesome.

• Like 4

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

28 minutes ago, roleki said:

IIRC, that was the issue they implemented PhysX into the game (I was one of the 6 people who bought a PhysX card) and I can't even tell you how much time I spent just watching leaves swirl around my Singularity.  It was pretty awesome.

Shell casings are glorious

• Like 4

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

50 minutes ago, roleki said:

yes! running backwards and forwards through piles of spent shells to see them moving about

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roleki said:

Can anyone tell me about that wolfman looking NPC that is out on the edge of the map? He doesn't seem to have any purpose...?

I know, vague, but I ran into him exploring a while ago. I'm at work and can't provide location.

22 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Can anyone tell me about that wolfman looking NPC that is out on the edge of the map? He doesn't seem to have any purpose...?

I know, vague, but I ran into him exploring a while ago. I'm at work and can't provide location.

I believe he's a memorial Hero. 

8 hours ago, roleki said:

It was also when they implemented NPCs fighting each other *and actually doing damage* instead of just shadowboxing. That's mostly what I remember from the beta.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

2 hours ago, A Cat said:

I believe he's a memorial Hero. 

Yes,  Gloryhound is a memorial hero.  There are at least 13 of them around the city last i checked the wiki.  They are all players who have passed and had their character placed ingame.  Luna (Ouro,  more than just the incarnate vendor),  Coyote (Outbreak tutorial),  and Todogut (Rikti War Zone) are some others. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

CoH ToT has been my favorite seasonal game event since the first time I played it. 

Loved running around the different zones with ToT teams and Katie Hannon TF's 'til our eyes fell out.

The Hotel 666 with Banner runs and GM hunting have been a blast on Homecoming.

A sincere thanks to all who keep it an enjoyable experience. Can't wait 'til next year <3

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/31/2023 at 11:28 AM, SuperPlyx said:

Getting some press for the Halloween event.

Decent article. Only kind of scratches the surface of the Halloween event ... especially on Homecoming ... but it is what I would expect out of a gaming article. 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 10/31/2023 at 10:48 PM, TheZag said:

Yes,  Gloryhound is a memorial hero.  There are at least 13 of them around the city last i checked the wiki.  They are all players who have passed and had their character placed ingame.  Luna (Ouro,  more than just the incarnate vendor),  Coyote (Outbreak tutorial),  and Todogut (Rikti War Zone) are some others. 

Is there a full list somewhere of the ‘memorial’ NPC’s?

On 10/31/2023 at 1:05 PM, Andreah said:

Or park a singularity or kin Repel next to a mailbox and watch the Postal Service cry.

Dumpsters do that too with trash.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝