Focused Feedback: Epic / Ancillary Power Pools

In general the Earth Mastery set almost entirely sacrifices damage for control so I'm not sure nerfs are necessary even if a couple powers behave very closely to their controller counterparts. Stalagmites desperately needs a buff, not sure what the OG devs were thinking giving it only a 10% stun chance.

Edited by Yellowjacket

3 hours ago, ecogranjapsi said:

The change of Focused Acc is unexpected, and now it's a good alternative for Conserve Power on my tanks. They usually have the end problems already solved by then, and the -perception allows them to not be so yellow candy dependent.

Enemy -Perception received a fairly major bug fix this patch that should make it less necessary to pack sources of +Perception:

On 1/19/2024 at 12:07 PM, The Curator said:

"Cancel On Damage" Flag

• Effects flagged to cancel when damaged will now properly cancel. This affects both player and critter powers, most notably:
    • Placate power's Hidden status and stealth effects
    • Perception debuff effects used by critters in PvE and by players in PvP (e.g. Smoke Grenade, Flash Arrow, etc).
  • Related to this, various critter powers were missing Cancel on Damage flags.
    • Fixed Crey Eliminator Tear Gas Grenade, Immunes Engineer Tear Gas Grenade, and Doppelganger Ninja Training Blinding Powder missing their Cancel On Damage flag.

Testing should be done to see how these mobs perform against players with no sources of +Perception.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dark Mastery for Blasters:

Murky Cloud: I would much rather have Dark Embrace or even Shadow Meld, please.

Fearsome Stare: YES!

Possess: Meh.

Black Hole: NO. I am literally begging you to please stop trying to make Intangible a thing.

Soul Consumption: Circumstantially great, which is good.

Dark Mastery Epic for Controllers:

Murky Cloud: Same as Blaster.

Dark Blast: If the other attacks have to be Umbral Torrent and Midnight Grasp, can we at least get Gloom here?

Umbral Torrent: Meh.

Midnight Grasp: Meh.

Soul Consumption: Same as Blaster.

Dark Mastery for Dominators:

Murky Cloud: Same as Blaster.

Tar Patch: YES!

Darkest Night: Why is this here? If I am a Dominator, I want control or murder. This is not control or murder.

Umbral Torrent: Meh

Soul Consumption: Same as Blaster.

Dark Mastery Epic for Masterminds:

Murky Cloud: Same as Blaster

Shadow Binds: I would so much rather have an AoE Immobilize over any other form of control or attack on a Mastermind.

Dark Pit: The duration is too short and the cooldown is too long on a Mastermind to make this worth it.

Possess: Same as Shadow Binds.

Soul Consumption: Mastermind is the last archetype I would want this on.

Dark Mastery for Tankers and Brutes:

Penumbral Grasp: I just don't see how this is supposed to compete with Gloom, but that's not news.

Petrifying Gaze: A proc bomb until proc bombs get nerfed is fine I guess. Revisit after aprocalypse.

Dark Blast: Meh.

Night Fall: Better than Umbral Torrent so I'll take it.

Tar Patch: I adore this power, but I'm not sure how useful it will feel in practice long term with Tank/Brute debuff mods.

Ice Mastery for Defenders and Corruptors:

Frozen Armor: YES!

Flash Freeze: NO!

Hoarfrost: I guess?

Build Up: Corruptor is really getting the better end of this deal, which they deserve.

Hibernate: I hate this power so much. Please move the Ice Elemental over here.

Ice Mastery Epic pool for Scrappers and Stalkers:

Ice Bolt: Good.

Frozen Spear: It's wild that this exists but I love it.

Shiver: Conversely, I hate this so much. No one wants an AoE slow. Please get rid of this.

Frigid Wind: Neat.

Ice Elemental: I love the idea of getting more pets in APPs, but not for these ATs, please. Move this to Corruptor/Defender where it will be appreciated.

Psionic Mastery for Brutes and Tankers:

Mesmerize: I have never wanted anything less.

Dominate: Fine until aprocalypse.

Harmonic Mind: Neat.

Mental Blast: Meh.

Psionic Tornado: I love this power even if it's blatantly worse than Fireball in all situations.

Psionic Mastery for Scrappers and Stalkers:

Mental Blast: Meh

Psionic Lance: Yes.

Psychic Scream: YES! Again, I know it's not the greatest, but I'm biased; I aesthetically love this power.

Psionic Nexus: This is my favorite thing in this Page. I have wanted access to this pet VFX since it was introduced. That said, as much as I love it, I desperately wish you were adding it to a Blaster/Corruptor/Defender/Controller/Dominator/Mastermind/Widow APP instead of a light melee AT that will always skip it. Please let me have this on the archetypes that have psychic powers. Please, please, please.

Epic > Psionic Mastery > Telekinesis: Neat.

Epic > Earth Mastery > Hurl Boulder (Controller): If this is going to be a legitimate ranged attack, can we please have an alternate animation for it? Anything from Seismic or the Propel animation would be nice.

Epic > Electricity Mastery > ESD (Mastermind): If the -regen debuff had a reasonable duration this might actually become worth taking. 5 seconds is a joke.

Epic > Energy Mastery > Focused Accuracy (Brute/Scrapper/Stalker/Tanker) and Epic > Mace Mastery > Focused Accuracy (Brute/Controler/Corruptor/Defender/Tanker): Neat.

Epic > Fire Mastery > Bonfire (Blaster/Mastermind): You had may as well delete this pool. Bonfire soft control was the only thing it had going for it.

Epic > Fire Mastery > Melt Armor (Blaster/Brute/Scrapper/Stalker/Tanker): Neat

Epic > Force Mastery > Repulsion Bomb (Blaster): Neat.

Epic > Psionic Mastery > Psionic Tornado (Controller/Dominator): Losing almost 30% of its total damage and almost 50% of its area is so not worth the faster DoT. If this needs to have a longer recharge to not gut the damage scale, make it a longer recharge.

Edited by Draeth Darkstar
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

5 minutes ago, Draeth Darkstar said:

Psionic Mastery for Scrappers and Stalkers:

Mental Blast: Meh

Psionic Lance: Yes.

Psychic Scream: YES! Again, I know it's not the greatest, but I'm biased; I aesthetically love this power.

Psionic Nexus: This is my favorite thing in this Page. I have wanted access to this pet VFX since it was introduced. That said, as much as I love it, I desperately wish you were adding it to a Blaster/Corruptor/Defender/Controller/Dominator/Mastermind/Widow APP instead of a light melee AT that will always skip it. Please let me have this on the archetypes that have psychic powers. Please, please, please.

If I have the space in the build (and usually do as Scrapper/Stalkers don't need that many powers in the end part of leveling) I will always take this.  I was testing it out just now and it add a nice bit of non-Smashing/Lethal damage (along with the rest of the pool) for times when you run up on an NPC using Unstoppable.    That said, I have no quarrel with your suggestion to add it to the squishy ATs, just leave it alone for the melees as I think this is my new favorite epic pool.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Psi-bolt said:

If I have the space in the build (and usually do as Scrapper/Stalkers don't need that many powers in the end part of leveling) I will always take this.  I was testing it out just now and it add a nice bit of non-Smashing/Lethal damage (along with the rest of the pool) for times when you run up on an NPC using Unstoppable.    That said, I have no quarrel with your suggestion to add it to the squishy ATs, just leave it alone for the melees as I think this is my new favorite epic pool.

Fair enough. My only objection to pets on Melee ATs is that they're always so damned squishy that they just get flattened in any content that's hard enough that the extra damage would be a noticeable benefit.

That's really more part of a global problem with pet squishiness than anything, though.

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

4 minutes ago, Draeth Darkstar said:

Fair enough. My only objection to pets on Melee ATs is that they're always so damned squishy that they just get flattened in any content that's hard enough that the extra damage would be a noticeable benefit.

That's really more part of a global problem with pet squishiness than anything, though.

That's true, I usually cast in combat for that very reason after I've built up some aggro.  But yeah, again devs, I love this pool.    To be a fair tester though, I have to tell you that having a 175 range attack on a Scrapper makes pulling a wee bit too easy.  Did the Ramiel arc and was able to split the Honoree and Captain easily.  

• Developer
2 hours ago, Yellowjacket said:

Are the Tanker/Brute Earth Mastery changes current? The changes as written seem a bit egregious, but they also don't seem to match what's currently in beta?

Endurance cost on Stalagmites in the patch notes was wrong. Patch notes have been fixed to reflect this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

What in the world is going on with laser beam eyes?  It’s auto hit?  And the damage is random?  Is it based on if would have hit or not?  Or just how high the roll?  If it is auto hit, just throw all the procs you can?  Does slotting damage matter?  I’m so confused. 

IMG_0272.png

• Staff of Aesculapius 1

• Epic > Electricity Mastery > Shocking Bolt  (Corruptor/Defender) - Recharge increased from 16s to 24s
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Shocking Bolt (Blaster/Corruptor/Defender) - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s
  • Epic > Fire Mastery > Char (Blaster/Corruptor/Defender) - Recharge increased from 16s to 24s, range lowered from 80ft to 60ft
  • Epic > Fire Mastery > Char (Brute/Corruptor/Defender/Scrapper/Stalker/Tanker/Mastermind/Sentinel)  - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s

(Corruptors & Defenders got their recharges simultaneously nerfed and buffed?)

While I appreciate standardizing Epic powers across the board (and Shocking Bolt getting an apparently badly needed buff, 32s is way too long of a cooldown), 24s is a very long recharge for a ST hold on a <Blast> AT - some of them already have Holds in their Blast or Manipulation sets, most of which have a base recharge of 10s.  Using my main as an example (Archery/Ice/Fire Blaster, enhanced values, not including my 55% global recharge), the disparity in power between Freezing Touch (Melee, 26.93s Hold, 5.27s recharge) and Char (96ft->72ft Range, 25.93s Hold, 8.42s->12.64s recharge) really makes me wonder if Char's still going to be worth taking, or if I'd be better off swapping to Bonfire/Ice Patch and using positioning to stay safe instead of hard control. (Only having 20% def/all means I have to rely on control & positioning to stay alive.) Reducing the range by 25% and increasing the recharge of one of my controls by 50% makes things significantly more difficult, as it's that much harder to open with said control, and there's a much longer delay between locking down priority targets (like my perennial unfavorite, Tarantula Mistresses).

To be fair, I can still keep a pair of +4 bosses Held, so it's still workable, but it's very close and I have to use both on cooldown (instead of both holds whenever Char finishes recharging).  There's no longer any room for error though, so any missed Holds means a loose boss for more than long enough for it to be a health hazard (Usually ~20 seconds, unless I want to swap which boss is loose).

On 11/22/2023 at 10:44 AM, The Curator said:

Epic / Ancillary Power Pools

This feature addresses inconsistencies with Epic Pool powers with regards to rules around their stats and penalties, as well as general bug-fixes. These powers have been swept through in order to consistently follow these rules so that all epic powers are at a shared baseline for their power type. This should mitigate many imbalances between epic pools where arbitrarily one had better or worse versions of a type of power than another due to recharge, damage, or area coverage. This should create more diverse and viable build options available to players instead of them feeling funneled towards the “best” ones even if it is against their chosen theme. This in turn allows us to introduce many new epic pools in this page and in the future that follow these standards across all Archetypes.

New Epic/Ancillary Power Pools

New Dark Mastery Epic pool for Blasters:

• Murky Cloud (Toggle: Self +Res(Fire, Cold, Energy, Negative))
  • Fearsome Stare (Ranged (Cone), Foe Fear, -To Hit)
  • Possess (Ranged, Target Confuse)
  • Black Hole (Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe Intangible)
  • Soul Consumption (PBAoE DMG(Negative), Self +HP, +End)

New Dark Mastery Epic pool for Controllers:

• Dark Blast (Ranged, DMG(Negative), Foe -ACC)
  • Umbral Torrent (Ranged (Cone), DMG(Smashing), Foe -To Hit, Knockback)
  • Midnight Grasp (ST DMG(Negative, Foe Immob, -To Hit)

New Dark Mastery Epic pool for Dominators:

• Tar Patch (Ranged (Location AoE), Target -Speed, -Res, -Fly)
  • Darkest Night (Toggle: Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe -DMG -To Hit)
  • Umbral Torrent (Ranged (Cone), DMG(Smashing), Foe -To Hit, Knockback)

New Dark Mastery Epic pool for Masterminds:

• Shadow Binds (Ranged, Moderate DoT(Negative), Foe Immobilize, -To Hit, -Fly)
  • Dark Pit (Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe Disorient)
  • Possess (Ranged, Target Confuse)

Reveal hidden contents
  • Epic > Psionic Mastery > Telekinesis: This power should now behave similarly to the new controller/dominator version of the power, albeit with a 5 foe target cap and smaller radius. Recharges in 240s, max toggle duration 20s.
  • Epic > Munitions Mastery > Body Armor (Blaster): This power now grants resistance to all damage types expect psionic.
  • Epic > Munitions Mastery > LRM Rocket (Blaster): Interrupt reduced from 4s to 2s, if used in mid combat, the power will not have an interrupt window but inflict significantly reduced damage.
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Lightning Field (Sentinel): Power renamed to Shocking Field. Power now applies an energy DoT for 10s after contact.
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Dark Blast (Scrapper/Stalker) - Recharge increased from 6s to 8s
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Netherworld Grasp (Sentinel) - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Netherworld Tentacles (Sentinel) - Recharge increased from 16s to 20s, endurance cost reduced from 16.25 to 12.74
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Oppressive Gloom (Defender/Corruptor) - Recharge increased from 8s to 16s
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Petrifying Gaze (Mastermind) - This power now inflicts damage over time. Range increased from 50ft to 60ft, endurance cost increased from 9.75 to 10.66, recharge lowered from 32s to 24s
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Petrifying Gaze (Scraper/Stalker) - Range increased from 50ft to 60ft, Endurance cost increased from 9.75 to 10.66, recharge lowered from 32s to 24s
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Soul Drain (Defender/Corruptor) - Renamed Spirit Drain. Now is Target AoE, accepting Target AoE sets instead of Melee AoE sets. Range is 60', hits up to 5 targets (hits foes both alive and defeated), buffs damage and to-hit for 15s duration.
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Tenebrous Tentacles (Scrapper/Stalker): Fixed critical hit damage scales.
  • Epic > Dark Mastery > Torrent (Scrapper/Stalker) - Renamed Umbral Torrent. Damage increased from scale 0.4 to scale 1. Recharge increased from 15s to 30s.
  • Epic > Earth Mastery > Earth's Embrace (Controller/Mastermind): Renamed Embrace of the Earth.
  • Epic > Earth Mastery > Fossilize (Brute/Tanker) - Range reduced from 80ft to 60ft
  • Epic > Earth Mastery > Fossilize (Tanker/Brute) - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s
  • Epic > Earth Mastery > Hurl Boulder (Controller) - Range increased from 40ft to 80ft, Recharge increased from 10s to 16s, Cast Time reduced from 2.5s to 2.0s, endurance cost increased from 11.7 to 18.98
  • Epic > Earth Mastery > Quicksand (Brute/Tanker) : Recharge increased from 30s to 50s, end cost increased from 7.8 to 9.75, radius decreased from 25' to 15', target cap reduced from 16 to 10.
  • Epic > Earth Mastery > Salt Crystals: Sleep scale reduced from 20 to 10, no longer can overpower.
  • Epic > Earth Mastery > Stalagmites (Brute/Tanker) - Recharge reduced from 64s to 32s, Accuracy increased from 0.8 to 1, Endurance Cost lowered from 19.5 to 18.98, range increased from 70ft to 80ft
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Chain Fences (Sentinel) - Recharge increased from 16s to 20s, Endurance cost lowered from 19.5 to 12.74
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Chain Fences (Sentinel) - Recharge increased from 16s to 20s, endurance lowered from 19.5 to 12.74
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Charged Armor (Blaster/Corruptor/Defender) - Recharge increased from 2s to 8s, energy resistance now matches smash/lethal resistances
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > ESD (Mastermind) - Removed self -recovery penalty, reduced recharge from 800s to 180s, reduced radius from 40ft to 25ft, reduced target cap from 16 to 10, reduced Stun from scale 15 to scale 8, reduced -regen debuff duration from 15s to 5s
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Electric Fence (Corruptor/Defender) - Recharge increased from 4s to 8s
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Electric Shackles (Mastermind) - Endurance cost increased from 8.58 to 10.66
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Electric Shackles (Mastermind) - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Shocking Bolt  (Corruptor/Defender) - Recharge increased from 16s to 24s
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Shocking Bolt (Blaster/Corruptor/Defender) - Range reduced from 80s to 60s
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Shocking Bolt (Blaster/Corruptor/Defender) - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s
  • Epic > Electricity Mastery > Static Discharge (Blaster/Mastermind) - Recharge increased from 12s to 24s, end cost increased from 14.82 to 27.3, damage increased from scale 0.91 to scale 0.958
  • Epic > Energy Mastery > Energy Transfer (Dominator) - This power no longer accepts Taunt enhancements
  • Epic > Energy Mastery > Explosive Blast (Dominator): Recharge increased from 16s to 32s.
  • Epic > Energy Mastery > Focused Accuracy (Brute/Scrapper/Stalker/Tanker) - End Cost reduced from 0.39 to 0.195
  • Epic > Energy Mastery > Temp Invulnerability (Corruptor/Controller/Defender/Dominator/Mastermind) Recharge increased from 2s to 8s
  • Epic > Fire Mastery > Bonfire (Blaster/Mastermind) - Knockdown rate has been reduced while using KB2KD enhancements
  • Epic > Fire Mastery > Char (Blaster/Corruptor/Defender) - Recharge increased from 16s to 24s, range lowered from 80ft to 60ft
  • Epic > Fire Mastery > Char (Brute/Corruptor/Defender/Scrapper/Stalker/Tanker/Mastermind/Sentinel)  - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s
  • Epic > Fire Mastery > Char (Brute/Mastermind/Scrapper/Sentinel/Stalker/Tanker) - Range increased from 50ft to 60ft
  • Epic > Fire Mastery > Fire Blast (Brute/Scrapper/Stalker/Tanker) - Recharge increased from 6s to 8s
  • Epic > Fire Mastery > Fire Cages (Sentinel) - Recharge increased from 16s to 20s, Endurance cost lowered from 19.5 to 12.74
  • Epic > Fire Mastery > Fire Shield (Blaster/Controller/Coruptor/Defender/Dominator) - Recharge increased from 4s to 8s
  • Epic > Fire Mastery > Melt Armor (Blaster/Brute/Scrapper/Stalker/Tanker) - -res Scale increased from scale 1.5 to scale 3. -Defense scale increased from scale 1 to scale 2.
  • Epic > Force Mastery > Repulsion Bomb (Blaster) - Power has been changed into Force Bomb (now has -res component)
  • Epic > Force Mastery > Repulsion Field (Blaster) - Power no longer drains endurance per target hit in PvE. Target cap reduced from 16 to 10
  • Epic > Force Mastery > Temp Invulnerability (Blaster) - Recharge increased from 2s to 8s
  • Epic > Ice Mastery > Block of Ice (Brute/Tanker/Sentinel) - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s
  • Epic > Ice Mastery > Frostbite (Sentinel) - Recharge increased from 16s to 20s, Endurance cost lowered from 19.5 to 12.74
  • Epic > Ice Mastery > Frozen Armor (Blaster/Controller/Dominator/Mastermind) - Recharge increased from 2s to 8s
  • Epic > Ice Mastery > Sleet (Dominator) - Power was summoning the defender version of Sleet. This has been corrected.
  • Epic > Laser Beam Eyes (Brute/Scrapper/Stalker/Tanker) - Power is now auto-hit, but damage inflicted is randomized based on the hit-roll
  • Epic > Laser Beam Eyes (Brute/Tanker) - Recharge increased from 6s to 8s
  • Epic > Laser Beam Eyes (Scrapper/Stalker) - Endurance Cost reduced from 8.07575 to 6.5
  • Epic > Mace Mastery > Focused Accuracy (Brute/Controler/Corruptor/Defender/Tanker) - End Cost reduced from 0.39 to 0.195
  • Epic > Psionic Mastery > Dominate (Corruptor/Defender/Sentinel) - Recharge increased from 16s to 24s
  • Epic > Psionic Mastery > Mind Over Body (Controller/Corruptor/Defender/Dominator) - Recharge increased from 2s to 8s
  • Epic > Psionic Mastery > Psionic Tornado (Controller/Dominator) - Cast Time reduced from 2.37s to 1.83s, radius decreased from 20ft to 15ft, DoT reduced from scale 5 ticks of 0.175 damage over to 4.1s to 3 ticks of 0.201 damage over 2.1s
  • Epic > Weapon Mastery > Exploding Shuriken (Scrapper/Stalker) Cast Time reduced from 1.07s to 1.0s
  • Epic > Weapon Mastery > Paralizing Dart (Sentinel) - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s
  • Epic > Weapon Mastery > Targeting Drone (Scrapper/Stalker) - End Cost reduced from 0.39 to 0.195
  • Epic > Weapon Mastery > Web Grenade (Scrapper/Stalker) - This power now deals smashing damage on impact. Now accepts damage enhancements and sets
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Arctic Breath (Brute/Tanker) - Fixed a bug where the knockdown would only check once on the initial tick instead of every tick
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Arctic Breath (Brute/Tanker/Sentinel/VEAT) - Cast Time lowered from 2.67s to 1.5s
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Arctic Breath (Sentinel) - Fixed a bug where the knockdown would only check once on the initial tick instead of every tick
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Arctic Breath (VEAT) - Fixed a bug where the knockdown would only check once on the initial tick instead of every tick
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Bile Spray (Blaster/Brute/Controller/Dominator/Mastermind/Tanker/VEAT) - Cast time lowered from 2.6 to 1.6s
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > School of Sharks (Blaster/Mastermind) - Damage increased from scale 0.935 to scale 1
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > School of Sharks (Brute/Tanker) - Damage increased from scale 0.935 to scale 1
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > School of Sharks (Corruptor/Defender) - Damage increased from scale 0.935 to scale 1
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > School of Sharks (VEAT) - Damage increased from scale 0.935 to scale 1
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Shark Skin (Blaster/Mastermind) - Recharge increased from 4s to 8s
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Shark Skin (Controller/Dominator) - Recharge increased from 4s to 8s
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Shark Skin (Corruptor/Defender) - Recharge increased from 4s to 8s
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Spirit Shark (Brute/Tanker/Scrapper/Stalker/VEAT) - Recharge increased from 9s to 13s, End cost increased from 8.58 to 15.86, Cast Time reduced from 3s to 2s, base damage scale increased from scale 1.4 to 1.56
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Spirit Shark Jaws (Blaster/Mastermind) - Range reduced from 80ft to 60ft, Damage increased from scale 0.935 to scale 1
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Spirit Shark Jaws (Controller/Dominator) - Range reduced from 80ft to 60ft, Damage increased from scale 0.935 to scale 1
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Spirit Shark Jaws (Scrapper/Stalker) - Range reduced from 80ft to 60ft, Damage increased from scale 0.935 to scale 1
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Spirit Shark Jaws (Sentinel) - Range reduced from 80ft to 60ft, Damage increased from scale 0.935 to scale 1
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Summon Coralax (Corruptor/Defender) - Now accepts Immob sets
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Summon Coralax (Sentinel) - Now accepts Universal Damage and Disorient sets
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Summon Guardian (Brute/Tanker) -  Now accepts Immob sets
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Summon Guardian (Scrapper/Stalker) - Now accepts Hold sets
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Summon Guardian (VEAT) - Now accepts Immob
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Water Spout (Controller/Dominator) - Now accepts Pet and recharge intensive sets, no longer accepts Ranged AoE Sets
  • Patron > Leviathan Mastery > Water Spout (Scrapper/Stalker) - Now accepts Pet sets, no longer accepts Ranged AoE Sets
  • Patron > Levitehan Mastery  > Spirit Shark Jaws (Blaster/Corruptor/Defender/Mastermind/Scrapper/Sentinel/Stalker) - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s
  • Patron > Mace Mastery > Mace Blast (Brute/Tanker/VEAT) - Recharge increased from 9s to 12s.
  • Patron > Mace Mastery > Mace Blast (Scrapper/Stalker) - Recharge increased from 6s to 12s, damage increased from scale 1 to scale 1.32
  • Patron > Mace Mastery > Scorpion Shield (Blaster/Controller/Corruptor/Defender/Dominator/Mastermind) - Recharge increased from 4s to 8s
  • Patron > Mace Mastery > Summon Tarantula (Sentinel) - This power now accepts Universal Damage sets
  • Patron > Mace Mastery > Web Cocoon (Blaster/Corruptor/Defender/Mastermind/Sentinel/Scrapper/Stalker) - This power now inflicts toxic damage over time, accepts Ranged and Universal damage sets, recharge reduced from 32s to 24s
  • Patron > Mace Mastery > Web Envelope (Blaster/Brute/Corruptor/Defender/Mastermind/Sentinel/Tanker/VEAT) - This power now inflicts toxic damage over time. Power now accepts damage enhancement and sets.
  • Patron > Mu Mastery > Charged Armor (Blaster/Corrouptor/Defender/Controller/Dominator/Mastermind) - Recharge increased from 4s to 8s
  • Patron > Mu Mastery > Conserve Power (Corruptor/Defender) - Changed to Energize. Recharge lowered from 600 to 480s, end cost increased from 9.75 to 13. Now accept Healing enhancements and sets
  • Patron > Mu Mastery > Electric Shackles (Blaster/Corruptor/Defender/Mastermind/Scrapper/Stalker) - Endurance cost increased from 8.58 to 10.66
  • Patron > Mu Mastery > Electric Shackles (Blaster/Corruptor/Defender/Mastermind/Sentinel/Scrapper/Stalker) - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s
  • Patron > Mu Mastery > Mu Bolts (Scrapper/Stalker) - Recharge increased from 6s to 8s
  • Patron > Mu Mastery > Mu Lightning (Brute/Tanker/VEAT) - Recharge increased from 9s to 12s
  • Patron > Mu Mastery > Power Sink (Controller/Corruptor/Defender/Dominator) - No longer accepts Taunt enhancements
  • Patron > Mu Mastery > Summon Adept (Blaseter/Corruptor/Defender/Stalker/Scrapper) - Power now accepts Hold, Sleep and Universal Damage sets, no longer accepts Healing enhancements.
  • Patron > Mu Mastery > Summon Guardian (Dominator) - Power now accepts Hold sets, no longer accepts healing enhancements.
  • Patron > Mu Mastery > Summon Striker (Brute/Tanker/VEAT) - Power now accepts Hold sets, no longer accepts healing enhancements.
  • Patron > Mu Mastery > Thunder Strike (Mastermind) - No longer accepts Taunt enhancements
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Dark Blast (Stalker) - Recharge increased from 6s to 8s
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Dark Consumption (Dominator) - Power should no longer accept Taunt enhancements
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Dark Embrace (Blaster/Mastermind) - Recharge increased to 8s
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Dark Embrace (Defender/Corruptor) - Recharge increased to 8s
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Dark Embrace (Dominator) - Recharge increased to 8s
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Darkest Night (Brute/Tank) - Recharge increased from 10s to 20s
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Darkest Night (Sentinel) - Recharge increased to 20s, Radius decreased from 25 to 15 degrees, Target cap lowered from 16 to 10
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Darkest Night (VEAT) - Recharge increased to 20s, Radius decreased from 25 to 15 degrees, Target cap lowered from 16 to 10
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Gloom (Brute/Tank) - Recharge increased from 12s to 16s
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Gloom (VEAT) - Recharge increased from 12s to 16s
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Midnight Grasp (Sentinel) - End Cost increased fro 11.96 to 14.95, Recharge decreased from 34s to 30s
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Oppressive Gloom (Blaster/Mastermind) - Recharge increased from 8s to 16s
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Soul Drain (Defender/Corruptor) - Moved to T4, target cap increased from 7 to 10
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Soul Drain (Dominator) - Radius decreased from 15ft to 10ft
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Soul Storm (Blaster/Corruptor/Defender/Mastermind/Sentinel/Scrapper/Stalker) - Recharge reduced from 32s to 24s, Post-Held kockdown animation should now be interruptable in PvP.
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Soul Storm (Blaster/Mastermind) - Range reduced from 80 to 60ft
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Soul Storm (Defender/Corruptor) - Moved to T1, range reduced from 80 to 60ft
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Soul Storm (Sentinel) - Range reduced from 80 to 60ft
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Soul Storm (Stalker) - Range reduced from 80 to 60ft
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Summon Mistress (Defender/Corruptor) - Should now accept Disorient, Immobilize, Sleep and Universal Damage sets
  • Patron > Soul Mastery > Summon Seer (Dominator) - Should now accept Immobilize sets

Is there a design reason for these Mastery sets to have an elemental/energy resist toggle, instead of the standard S/L armor toggle that all other APP/EPPs have? It seems really out of place.

29 minutes ago, OathboundOne said:

Is there a design reason for these Mastery sets to have an elemental/energy resist toggle, instead of the standard S/L armor toggle that all other APP/EPPs have? It seems really out of place.

Actually we talked about that some in closed beta. The main reason is there are alternatives to these sets with the same theme (dark = Soul, electric = Mu). It's for more variety and less duplication in sets. I would agree S/L RES/DEF is generally better, but having lots of RES/DEF to other types isn't necessarily bad, and some people might prefer that option. I would personally prefer if we got a choice of one or the other, since power lockout tech exists, but it is what it is.

• Like 2

• City Council
5 hours ago, Thraxen said:

What in the world is going on with laser beam eyes?  It’s auto hit?  And the damage is random?  Is it based on if would have hit or not?  Or just how high the roll?  If it is auto hit, just throw all the procs you can?  Does slotting damage matter?  I’m so confused. 

IMG_0272.png

The random damage is based on your chance to hit. So if you had a 95% chance to hit, your damage will be a random value between 0.95-1.00.

If your chance to hit is 50%, your damage will be a random value between 0.50-1.00

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Booper said:

The random damage is based on your chance to hit. So if you had a 95% chance to hit, your damage will be a random value between 0.95-1.00.

If your chance to hit is 50%, your damage will be a random value between 0.50-1.00

Seems neat I guess. Why though?  Seems like it is just encouraging you to proc it out, right?  Is this a buff? I’m just really confused. Does it do more damage than before?  

I tested it out on a copied character. All the attacks were within 2 points of each other. It is fully slotted so makes sense. 

I’m just confused by an auto hit ranged attack.  I love it though. Always gonna get that runner now though. 

1 hour ago, Thraxen said:

Seems neat I guess. Why though?  Seems like it is just encouraging you to proc it out, right?  Is this a buff? I’m just really confused. Does it do more damage than before?  

I tested it out on a copied character. All the attacks were within 2 points of each other. It is fully slotted so makes sense. 

I’m just confused by an auto hit ranged attack.  I love it though. Always gonna get that runner now though. 

I think they wanted to give the pools some more options on the ranged attacks with some unique quirks.  Its not going to be better than Gloom or some of the epic snipes/holds but it will have this feature going for it.  

4 hours ago, Booper said:

The patch notes say the random damage is based on the hit roll. If it's actually on the chance to hit, they should be edited.

• Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
50 minutes ago, Vanden said:

The patch notes say the random damage is based on the hit roll. If it's actually on the chance to hit, they should be edited.

It's both. The hit roll handles the randomness, the chance to hit handles the range of outcomes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Messed around with a bit of Ice Mastery for stalker, seems to be good. I only took The snipe and cone though. It feels directly comparable to Mu, which is a good thing but with its own strength and weaknesses

Frozen Spear: Yep it's a snipe, a really good one at that with it's exotic damage type, CC and slows, definitely giving moonbeam a run for "best snipe", and much better then zapp's fairly useless end drain

BUG: For the quick form snipe the sound effect isn't timed correctly and plays before it's fired

Frigid Wind: It's ball lightning (Same DPA) but, a cone, a long thin cone that basically needs to be used from range. This makes it rather difficult to use while in Melee, which limits it's usefulness compared to Ball lighting. On top of that it has a MASSIVE 24 end cost for some ungodly reason, compared to Ball Lightning's 18. If anything this needs to change the most, as I would already consider it a downgrade from ball lighting just due to being more difficult to hit the target cap with when you are in melee. Otherwise though, it works just fine and get's the job done if you are willing to deal with the small arc.

Edited by Riot Siren

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

I’d probably still buff eye beams some

more. Psionic mastery just seems really good. Snipe and place for performance shifter and power transfer procs. No focused accuracy though but it was just a power to take to get to physical perfection for me at least. 

Maybe flip conserve power with laser beam eyes?  Psionic taking snipe then harmonic mind seems really good.  Have to take three powers from energy to get the ranged attack and the passive buff.  

Found another Bug with Frozen Spear: When you miss, the projectile still hits the enemy as if it hit. This is the case with both normal and quick form

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

Hmm... 112% not a fan of the change in bounce rate with a KD enhancement in the Mastermind version of Bonfire. It's not a small nerf and I'm surprised that there hasn't been more discussion of it.

Honestly, I feel a little like we're having our collective wrists slapped for daring to turn an otherwise garbage power into something that was actually sort-of useful. I mean... how DARE we. The nerve! 😝

• Like 5

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

2 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

Hmm... 112% not a fan of the change in bounce rate with a KD enhancement in the Mastermind version of Bonfire. It's not a small nerf and I'm surprised that there hasn't been more discussion of it.

Fixing something that everyone knows is broken is less a nerf and more just, ya know, doing the right thing

• Thumbs Down 4

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

Fixing something that everyone knows is broken is less a nerf and more just, ya know, doing the right thing

If they were interested in "fixing" Bonfire they would make it less of a garbage power to begin with.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice