NCSOFT & Homecoming License Announcement

Congratulations Homecoming, it's been a long time coming. I hope you use this to get the word out to the old players who haven't joined us yet and those who haven't even heard of us.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

So, can we finally expect 

Spoiler

Battalion...and those further developments of the Incarnate system I once heard about?

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem

This news totally flabbergasted me when it showed up on my discord notices.  However, my first serious thought after it sunk in was that our dear departed Chris Meadows (aka Robotech_Master, aka GM_Cyclone) would have been over the moon at the news.

So, in memory of him, and the other players in our community who have passed before us, I would like to take a moment to ;em_holdtorch for those who missed out on this auspicious news.

IMG_8498.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

As a fan of another NCSoft game, Pangya (which was developed by Ntreev), congratulations for reaching this milestone! It is a relief to read that NCSoft are willing to give a license to private servers of one of their games, and I hope the same will someday happen to Pangya and other discontinued games, owned by them, like COH.

Varti

• Like 2

i needed to log on this morning and make sure I did not dream this....

• Like 2

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

11 hours ago, Lorondos said:

Is there any possiblity of recovering our "official" original characters or is that a TBC? Curious if NCSoft still even have the original character data, giving how data protection laws are more strict these days. Edit:  Unless that was what the "Your characters and accounts are safe" was referring to specifcally.

I'm not management here, but I do know the answer to this one....nope.  Once they had shut down the game, they destroyed the hard drives and repurposed the servers.

• Thanks 2

Congrats on all your hard work and dedication. . . Havent played for a few months since life has been so crazy but seeing this announcement pop up in my email I had to come over and log-in before heading to work!

Great job and look forward to the future!

I am not 100% certain but I Do think a bit of gaming history have been made here.. AS fare I remember this is actually the first time a PRIVATE server for any MMO have gotten the Official blue stamp of an IP owner so yeah. GOOD JOB!! And Congratulation! :)

• Like 2
  • Staff of Aesculapius 2