PSA regarding the Justin Augustine TF, this week's WST

Vanden

I ran the Justin Augustin TF today with a full team of 8, and found that the CoT Arch-Mages had been downgraded from AVs to Bosses. With this change, the TF should be soloable for anyone, so if for whatever reason teaming for it's not what you want, the option is there.

I ran the Justin Augustin TF today with a full team of 8, and found that the CoT Arch-Mages had been downgraded from AVs to Bosses. With this change, the TF should be soloable for anyone, so if for whatever reason teaming for it's not what you want, the option is there.

Most of the Shadow Shard TFs are solo-able. Sara Moore took me 2 hours to do trying to go as fast as I could. Most of the time spent was traveling.

Make sure someone in it has Incandescence Destiny. Even the basic one will do, an Incarnate can craft it for 60 threads and swap it in before the trial even if they normally use something else. It speeds up the process considerably if one member of the team plays flying taxibot, heading on to the area where the next hunt will be and getting set to Incandescence the rest of the team there while they're busy hunting in the previous spot. (And he can also handle going to get ready to talk to Faathead the Kind of Annoying while the team is doing other stuff, too.)

There are just a handful of door missions, and a couple of them are located in other zones, so the 10 million Inf Team Transporter group-mission-teleport power from the store will come in handy. Make sure at least half the team has it if you want to be sure everyone has one ready to go at the right time. (I buy one for everyone else on the team as a matter of course whenever I do a Shard TF. I can afford it.)

Between those two innovations, my team was able to bang out a Justin Augustine in about 45 minutes last night.

Also, here's a real public service announcement: after you finish the mission where you free Faathead, the game will tell you "Task Force Complete!" But don't believe it and say goodbye and quit the team yet--you don't actually get the merits and rewards until someone goes 180 degrees around the Chantry to talk to Faathead again.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

What's a decent estimate on how long this TF might take to solo?

ugh, like 3 hours.  The hunt 50 again and again and again gets really tedious.

I got no interest when trying to assemble a team, so I soloed it.

To be fair, it was like 1:30 in the afternoon on a weekday, so not many people around.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I think after deciding to make the most intentionally, pointlessly long tf in dr. q they wanted to see if they could make one that was shorter but somehow way worse.

But Renault is not bad at all. Ending is fun. If the worst part of a tf is a 10 longbow hunt and you can do that instead of the worst tf in the game, deciding shouldn't be difficult even if you never go to redside.

I think after deciding to make the most intentionally, pointlessly long tf in dr. q they wanted to see if they could make one that was shorter but somehow way worse.

I had vaguely remembered how terrible the shadow shard was from 10 years ago, only took a couple hours of slogging through it to reinoculate myself again.

I will say it again, with boldface for emphasis:

This TF doesn't have to take any longer than 45 minutes.

If you have an eligible character on Torchbearer, I'll be happy to prove it to you. I could always use 42 more merits and credit toward that badge.

You just need to use your time wisely: one person with Indancescence Destiny whizzing from area to area using the Paragonwiki writeup of the TF as a guide while the others clean up the hunt in the previous area. Multiple people with Team Transport to get rid of the travel time jumping from zone to zone to do the door missions.

42 merits (or 84 the first time) for 45 minutes of work is not at all a bad ratio.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!