Binds: what binds do you have in your toolbox?

Humor me, this is my attempt at making a positive post for a change.

Since we have so many new players here was thought it might be a good thing to bring this topic up.  What I am asking for is for those of you who are using binds on a regular basis to post them for all to learn from.  Let us know!

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

These are some of my favorites for anyone looking to get into MM's:

This guide also has a lot of handy helpful binds in it:

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

/bind INSERT "camdist 17"

That sets the camera to my preferred distance.

/bind [ "suppressclosefx 0"

/bind ] "suppressclosefx 1"

Those turn most toggle effects (for your character, not your teammates, not strangers, just you) on and off.  Turning off toggle graphics only works if you have suppressclosefx # set to a number closer than the camera.  I use suppressclosefx 20, and I play with the camera at 17.  When I press ], my toggle effects are suppressed.  When I press [, they're re-enabled.

/bind PAGEUP "++showfps"

Turns the framerate monitor on and off.

/bind PAGEDOWN "++netgraph"

Turns the netgraph on and off.

/bind b "powexectoggleon TravelPower$$powexectoggleon Sprint$$powexectoggleon Power$$powexectoggleon Power$$powexectoggleon Power"
I bind b to all of the toggles I can, so I can turn them all on with repeated presses of a single key.  Binds start at the end and work their way to the front sequentially, so I always put my travel power in last.  I usually take Infiltration, so I also toggle on Sprint when I'm "powering up".

/bind v "powexectoggleoff TravelPower$$powexectoggleoff Sprint"

One key to turn off my travel powers, conveniently bound to the key next to the one that turns them on.

/bind z "nop"

Z's default bind removes auto-fire.  That annoys me.

/bind Shift+mousewheel "target_enemy_next"

Faster than Tabbing through spawns.

/bind mousechord "nop"

Turns off running when both mouse buttons are pressed simultaneously.  That also annoys me.

I use mouse buttons 4 and 5 (the thumb buttons) for rotating bind files when I have location-targeted powers (powers that require you to click where you want them to be).  The following is my Storm/Storm corruptor's rotating binds.  It's a lot less frustrating to play when you don't have to hunt for a dinky little mouse pointer... when you're over 50 and struggling to see even with reading glasses.

button4 "powexec_location target Storm Cell$$bindloadfilesilent e:\Games\Homecoming\settings\live\five.txt"  <-text file named cell.txt

button4 "powexec_location target Category Five$$bindloadfilesilent e:\Games\Homecoming\settings\live\cell.txt"  <- text file named five.txt

button5 "powexec_location target Freezing Rain$$bindloadfilesilent e:\Games\Homecoming\settings\live\nado.txt"  <-text file named freeze.txt

button5 "powexec_location target Tornado$$bindloadfilesilent e:\Games\Homecoming\settings\live\freeze.txt"  <-text file named nado.txt

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Gunner's Way-Cool Bind List

And don't overlook the GABB bindfile, if you're just starting about. MUCH better key mapping than 2005.

And, from there, pretty much the whole Tech Guide. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I use a small preset of commands I use on all my characters.  The once I can recall off the top of my head are:

/bind numpad6 "ah"   [This brings up the auction house]

/bind numpad9 "manage"  [This brings up my enhancement management screen]

/bind z "powexecname ninja run$$powexecname beast run$$powexecname athletic run"  [This toggles the special run power you can get from the P2W vendor]

/bind r "powexecname jump pack$$powexecname steam jump"  [This toggles the special jump power from the P2W vendor]

I saved the above into a "basicbinds" file, which I then load on any new characters I create to get them off to a good start...

Sometime the map is too damn small.

map1.txt file has the following:  shift+m "window_scale map float$$bind_load_file C:\games\cohbinds\map2.txt"

map2.txt file has the followiing:  shift+m "window_scale map 2$$bind_load_file C:\games\cohbinds\map1.txt"

So toggling shift+m changes the map size.

I also make several keybind text files with menus to switch between travel powers and Power sets and ATs:

NUMPAD0 "bind_load_file C:\games\cohbinds\keybinds0.txt$$e uploading standard keybinds"
shift+NUMPAD0 "bind_load_file C:\games\cohbinds\nop.txt$$e uploading Original keybinds" 
NUMPAD1 "goto_tray 1$$e tray 1"
shift+NUMPAD1 "bind_load_file C:\games\cohbinds\PB.txt$$e uploading PB keybinds"
NUMPAD2 "goto_tray 3$$e tray 3"
shift+NUMPAD2 "bind_load_file C:\games\cohbinds\WS.txt$$e uploading WS keybinds"
NUMPAD3 "goto_tray 4$$e tray 4"
shift+NUMPAD3 "bind_load_file C:\games\cohbinds\TPILL.txt$$e uploading TP keybinds"
NUMPAD4 "BINDLOADFILE C:\GAMES\COHBINDS\SSREG.TXT$$E uploading SS keybinds"
NUMPAD5 "BINDLOADFILE C:\GAMES\COHBINDS\SJREG.TXT$$E uploading SJ keybinds"
NUMPAD6 "BINDLOADFILE C:\GAMES\COHBINDS\FLY.TXT$$E uploading flyer keybinds"
NUMPAD7 "BINDLOADFILE C:\GAMES\COHBINDS\MYSTIC.TXT$$E uploading mystic flight keybinds"
numpad9 "e Keybind Menu: 0-Standard, shift+1-PB, shift+2-WS, shift+3-TP, 4-SS, 5-SJ, 6-Fly, 7-Mystic, shift+0-Original NOP"

I haven't made a PB or WS since coming to Homecoming.  On live I liked playing Tri-form Khelds with keybinds:

pb.txt file:

shift+lbutton " "
shift+rbutton " "
esc " "
shift+ESC "unselect"
control+ESC "unselect"
h "em flypose1$$em flypose2$$em flypose3$$em flypose4$$powexectoggleon energy flight$$powexectoggleoff bright nova$$powexectoggleoff white dwarf$$powexectoggleoff sprint$$goto_tray 1"
shift+h "powexectoggleon combat flight$$powexectoggleon energy flight$$powexectoggleoff bright nova$$powexectoggleoff white dwarf$$powexectoggleoff sprint$$goto_tray 1"
j "powexectoggleon quantum shield$$powexectoggleon thermal shield$$powexectoggleon weave$$powexectoggleon tough$$powexectoggleon maneuvers$$powexectoggleon combat jumping$$powexectoggleon shining shield$$goto_tray 1"
NUMPAD1 "powexectoggleoff bright nova$$powexectoggleoff white dwarf$$goto_tray 1"
NUMPAD2 "powexec_toggle_on bright nova$$goto_tray 3"
NUMPAD3 "powexec_toggle_on white dwarf$$goto_tray 4"

ws.txt file:

shift+lbutton "powexec_toggle_off black dwarf$$powexec_toggle_off dark nova$$powexectoggleoff sprint$$powexec_name shadow step$$goto_tray 1"
shift+rbutton "powexectoggleon dark nova$$goto_tray 3"
h "bind_load_file C:\games\cohbinds\tpon.txt $$powexec_toggleon black dwarf$$goto_tray 4"
j "powexectoggleoff black dwarf$$powexectoggleoff  dark nova$$powexectoggleon twilight shield$$powexectoggleon penumbral shield$$powexectoggleon shadow cloak$$powexectoggleon gravity shield$$goto_tray 1"
k "target_enemy_near dead"
shift+k "target_enemy_next dead"
NUMPAD1 "powexectoggleoff dark nova$$powexectoggleoff black dwarf$$powexectoggleon gravity shield$$goto_tray 1"
NUMPAD2 "powexec_toggle_on dark nova$$goto_tray 3"
NUMPAD3 "powexec_toggle_on black dwarf$$goto_tray 4"
lbutton "nop"

So, I have many text files of keybinds.  And Macros.  And Popmenus.  And I am collecting more.

Here is a handy button for opening the Incarnate Powers Window:

/macro_image "Incarnate_Trial_MarkOfLeadership" "Incarnate" "toggle incarnate$$em calculate"

I can add some more to thread later if anyone is interested in either a standardized Combat Teleport / Teleport bind set, or the method used (one of many) to alternate a couple of powers on the auto-ring.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

I always bind "t" to a targeting menu, so I can quickly hit (for example) T then M to target Marauder. I know some people prefer to use T for teleport, though.

Spoiler

// POPMENU File for targeting
//
Menu "targeting"
    {
    Title "Custom Targets"
    Divider
    Option "&Containment Chamber" "targetcustomnext Chamber"
    Option "&Hamidon" "targetcustomnext Hamidon"
    Option "&Lifegiving Essence" "targetcustomnext Lifegiving"
    Option "&Marauder" "targetcustomnext Marauder"
    Option "&Sentinel" "targetcustomnext Sentinel"
    Option "&U'kon" "targetcustomnext U'kon"
    Option "&Weapon Cache" "targetcustomnext Cache"
    }

I change F10 to still be a battle cry, but usually with a different emote. You can usually fit more text into the battle cry that way, too.

13 hours ago, biostem said:

/bind numpad6 "ah"   [This brings up the auction house]

Bwah-ha-haaaa.

F12 "ah$$toggle salvage$$toggle recipes"

Toggles the auction house, your salvage window and your recipe window. Position them in a nice grid and save your UI.

But we really don't want to encourage newbies to become day traders, now, do we?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I wish the stances were available in the CC for idle, but since they aren't I have several bound depending on character. Aside from that I do not have many, every character gets:

/macroimage Badge_GotTip BgLst popmenu badgelist

While all of my Goldsiders get:

/macro_image "DayJob_XPBoost" "XP Toggle" "option_toggle noxp"

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

25 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

While all of my Goldsiders get:

/macro_image "DayJob_XPBoost" "XP Toggle" "option_toggle noxp"

Why? You run no XP to keep from outleveling the side?

10 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Why? You run no XP to keep from outleveling the side?

Exactly, even without using the P2W ventor's XP bonus' you will still outlevel a zones' contacts, it's even worse if your are teaming on your way through.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

14 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Exactly, even without using the P2W ventor's XP bonus' you will still outlevel a zones' contacts, it's even worse if your are teaming on your way through.

Maybe that's why it's never really thrilled me. Feels like a Disneyland ride that hasn't started operating yet. I'll try XP braking next time.

I just use basic keymapping

Tray 1 is:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, c, v, Mouse 3, Mouse 4

Tray 2 is:

Shift+1, Shift+2, Shift+3, Shift+4, Shift+5, q, e, r, t, 

Tray 3 is:

Well I use the 7 spot on there for "f" key which will be my super travel power

Between those 19 powers, it's easy access for me to do pretty much anything.  

My universal abilities are C is my Hybrid power, V is my barrier, Q is always a heal, E is always a self buff, R is always a temporary super defense ability or second self buff, T spacesaver for whatever, Mouse 3 is a localized PBAOE as well as Mouse 4

I started using bind files when I made my first Warshade back on live and I fortunately I still had my bind files when I found HC.

Numpad1 drops Nova and/or Dwarf form and sets the primary tray to tray 1.  Since the change for toggle suppression/recovery when shifting forms, I've also set Numpad1 to toggle on other powers with repeated presses (Athletic Run, Shadow Cloak, Maneuvers, Tactics).

Numpad2 toggles on Nova and goes to tray 3 where I have my Nova powers.

Numpad3 toggles on Dwarf and goes to tray4 where I have the Dwarf powers.

My 2nd tray has other powers and are bound to Numpad 4-0, Dark Extraction, Dwarf Antagonize,  toggle for Orbiting Debt, Toggle for Inky Aspect, Eclipse, Quasar, etc.

3rd tray is for Incarnate powers and others that I specifically click.

Since first using the bind file, I've been using files for all my characters.  Numpad1 with repeated presses toggles on athletic/ninja/beast run then sprint then replaces sprint with prestige power slide (slotted with a Celerity Stealth IO).  Numpad2 toggles on or off the travel power, Numpad3 with repeated presses toggles on defensive powers. Numpad 4-0 are pet summoning, self buffs, taunts, debuffs, cone attacks, nukes, etc.  Numpad0 is normally a self heal and NumpadEnter is normally a hold. 

All this is to let muscle memory take over in most battles with my right hand on the numpad and left hand hitting attack keys (1-6 usually), movement keys, etc.  I have an additional bind to set V to target the next specific target and SHIFT+V to 'beginchat /bind v target_custom_next enemy alive ' (note the space at the end) so I type the name of what I'm looking for and hit enter then V will attempt to target it.

Here's one I find useful for getting into a base.

f3 "enterbasefrompasscode VF-5738$$enterbasefrompasscode COSMICTRANSPORT-6608$$enterbasefrompasscode Enclave-687$$enterbasefrompasscode TORCHCS-5949"

Enclave-687 is MY base on Everlasting.  All of the others are useful public transport bases.  I don't have to build my own base on other shards or remember which shard I'm on.  I just walk up to a base portal and hit F3.  When I use this, I'll get a bunch of error messages for the wrong entries but the one that matches the server I'm on will work.  I need to find a good base on the fifth shard and add that when I get around to it.  I think I'm missing Reunion since I only have one character there.

All of my characters have EITHER the Blackwand or the Nemesis Staff.  So I don't have to remember which, or clutter my power trays, I use this:

alt+f "powexecname Nemesis Staff$$powexecname Blackwand"

Every character has one of the P2W travel powers, based on their concept and background.  Whichever they have, this will turn it on and off.

alt+e "powexecname Ninja Run$$powexecname Beast Run$$powexecname Athletic Run"

The bind file I load onto every new character has 58 keybinds.  I have a template at the top of my keyboard for all the ones on the F-keys, Alt-F and Ctrl-F.  So useful.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.