Is having more then one KB IO protection overkill?

I had finally saved up enough to get a KB protection in one of my Dark Armor characters and while it works great I have notice that anything on boss level or higher with strong knock back will send me flying still.  It seems like a thing I won't run into often (or I hope so) but would adding one more KB IO be overkill or totally worth it in the future???

1 will get you protection most of the time.  2 will not add much as many of the high KB attacks that are higher than 4, also happen to be more than 8 mag.  3 will have you almost never knocked back.  So if you are going to invest in more than 1, you may as well plan for 3.

If you can fit it in to a build without sacrificing anything, why not? If you take a Travel power, Dark Armor can slot at least one of each of the KB Protection IOs.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

Each of those KB IOs is mag 4 protection. For comparison, unenhanced Acrobatics is an 11 mag knockback protect (though only part of its KB protect is enhanceable). So if you want to be where you'd be with Acrobatics, you need to get that mag 4 protection somehow. Some of the ATO sets include 4 points of KB protection as a multi-slot bonus, I believe.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

Maxim 37: There is no Overkill.  There is only open fire and reload.

--also--

Maxim 34: If you're leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.

:)

https://schlockmercenary.fandom.com/wiki/The_Seventy_Maxims_of_Maximally_Effective_Mercenaries

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Each of those KB IOs is mag 4 protection. For comparison, unenhanced Acrobatics is an 11 mag knockback protect (though only part of its KB protect is enhanceable). So if you want to be where you'd be with Acrobatics, you need to get that mag 4 protection somehow. Some of the ATO sets include 4 points of KB protection as a multi-slot bonus, I believe.

Overwhelming Force set, which currently is a reward in Summer Blockbuster is one such set.

AH! Thanks a lot guys!  I totally forgot about Acrobatics! I think I am gonna have a nice sit down and go over my character for a few, thanks again guys!

A big part of the reason to have 3 KB protects is so you can entirely skip Acrobatics and have that other power pick to spend elsewhere, as well as not have to have yet another end-draining toggle on.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

I had finally saved up enough to get a KB protection in one of my Dark Armor characters and while it works great I have notice that anything on boss level or higher with strong knock back will send me flying still.  It seems like a thing I won't run into often (or I hope so) but would adding one more KB IO be overkill or totally worth it in the future???

In my opinion, adding more than one KB IO would not be overkill. But one does cover a lot. Hope this link helps.

I think one -KB IO is plenty - UNLESS you're tanking with a set that has no KB protection.  Because if you're tanking, most of the stuff is hitting you.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

It's worth noting that fighting higher level enemies will raise their knockback mag a bit.  I remember running into this in some of the newer zones more geared towards incarnates (Dark Astoria maybe?), where I ran into a few enemies that had just enough to land a knockdown against my single -4 KB IO.

Some of the PVP sets also include KB protection. I like to 4-slot Fury of the Gladiator at least once on /fire brutes for the extra +3. Typically I'll aim for 10 or 11 mag kb protection on my brutes if they don't get it inherently. On a squishy? 4 is usually plenty.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.