We failed a Positron 1

1 minute ago, Sovera said:

You've just quoted a bug, Neco Betty 😄 It's an *explainable* bug, but sed a bug.

I consider an explainable bug an exploit! I would much rather fight 6 SS/rad debuff clones than 6 unkillable SS/rad clones.

• Haha 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

3 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I consider an explainable bug an exploit! I would much rather fight 6 SS/rad debuff clones than 6 unkillable SS/rad clones.

I've done that. Even with 8 medium orange and purple insps they blew me apart thanks to the massive stacked debuffs.

Not sure which would be worse though. Imagine trying to kill those Brutes with the absorb shield recharging before we were done and Rage making a mockery of whatever defense we had 😄

9 hours ago, Skyhawke said:

Red flag #1.

Red flag #2.

Red flag #3.

a basket full of red flags

Lord forgive me, but I had to do it.  Dual Pistols/Ninja Training blaster.

flagg.jpg.1d041f0e3a0d1c31b6f392c2e41f355c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Banjo 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Lord forgive me, but I had to do it.  Dual Pistols/Ninja Training blaster.

flagg.jpg.1d041f0e3a0d1c31b6f392c2e41f355c.jpg

This character should only run Posi 1s and just stand by the city hall door as soon as you enter the map.

• Haha 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

My last posi1 we had 33 deaths. But the only real red flag was team composition. I think we had 3 blasters, 2 sentinels, 2 stalkers, and a warshade. All damage, no buffs, no debuffs, no control. 

It was pretty ugly when we got 2 ruin mages putting up force fields stacking with a ghost lieutenant’s darkest night. 

Only took us two tries to get through the shadow clones. 

Everyone was a good sport about it. We cleared city hall steps nicely. Folks followed plans well. We ate a ton of inspirations. But still tough to avoid being 2-shotted by a red eidolon. Or the warshade being 1-shotted by quantums. 

• Like 2

I've only shown it to people I was in discord with, but if you want to mess with someone.  Port to doors.  It won't trigger the ambush.   (Three squares from the door is the trigger)

In city hall, port past the open arch and you won't trigger the cut scene.  Your dupes aren't there then, but the CoT are.

Not that any of this helps complete the task...  Though I suppose debuffs setup where the dupes appear may help

What are all these "red flags" people are talking about.  Vaguely get it, but thought I should ask. 😺

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jacke said:

What are all these "red flags" people are talking about.  Vaguely get it, but thought I should ask. 😺

That sounds like a red flag too!

(BTW - I changed Red Flagg's name to "Red Flaggs" to help serve the joke a bit better, I felt, so anyone who wants to make a "Red Flagg" on Excel now can have it.)

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Whenever I run Posi 1 on a PUG, I like to call a team meeting before fighting the Shadow Simulacra - assuming any Leroy Jenkins in the group haven't already headed down the stairs.  I ask the team if they want to try the fight the "smart" way or the "fun" way.  The "smart" way is to identify which doppelganger is the most dangerous/annoying & have the full team dogpile on it first, & then work our way down the threat ladder.  The "fun" way is for each character to take on their double & have a race to see who can take themselves out first.  Most teams choose the "fun" way! 😊

Edited by Mister Mass
  • Like 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

Random thoughts

• Knockback/Knockdown.
  • Mez

These two things are almost always a weakness for anything at low levels.  Anyone can get both if desired from the p2w vendor even mid task force.  Plasmatic Taser and Stun Grenade especially the later in multiples can seriously mess them up.  Add some team inspires to ensure they hit.  I've been known to drop the p2w pets as well (both the PPD and a prestige pet useful to the group).  Again you can acquire those while in TF.  One of my Empaths could even add both a Shivan and a Vanguard Heavy to the p2w pets.  Drop some team inspire buffs for those pets to further enhance their damage and to hit capabilities.   Just stay alive ... complete suckage to drop all those pets and die before they even join the fight (yes been there done that in one particularly chaotic and pear shaped effort).  A corner pull really helps ensure the pets get to engage before most of the team and you faceplant.