Giant Monsters & police drones

Am I remembering correctly?  Giant Monster have traditionally been vulnerable to police drones?  I ask because I've recently observed some of the Malta Titans moving close enough to the police drones near the Talos Tram entrance that I was sure we'd lose them, but we didn't.  It made me wonder if I'd forgotten they were invulnerable to drone teleportation, or if there'd been a change.

on live when I was a novice I got chased by some Tsoo. I ran into a train station thinking I'd be safe but they ran straight past the drones and "defeated"* me in the station itself. I thought this may have been a bug and so submitted a petition to the GMs who said it could happen and was working as intended.

I think most NPCs are vulnerable to drones but it is not a done deal and the drone still needs to zap the NPC's HP. Therefore if it has enough, like Giant Monsters generally do, and isn't in the range of the drone for long enough it may well survive - at least for a while.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Yes, they have been.

But drones can be "overwhelmed" (takes some time for them to target and zap) so groups can get past them. Not having been there, I couldn't say what happened.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Yep, when on a Synapse TF, it's always a gamble whether Babbage will spawn near the south tram and get zapped before the heroes even see him. 

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

On Live I used to taunt the Paladin in Kings Row (when more than one would accrue up in North Kings Row). They could be taunted up to the North wall gate to Galaxy City, before it was closed. (Now there is just a statue to Galaxy Girl I think) There were Drones up there at the gate and just enough space to break line of site to get the GM up within range. The paladin would bring a lot on minion clockwork with it and would overwhelm the Drones, but eventually would catch the GM. I had fun doing that, even though there was no XP or badge or any reward, other than clearing out a glut of GMs when there were too many at one time.

Now on Homecoming you can taunt the Paladin but you have to drag him all the way down to the AE building. Too much work.

Edited by KC4800
  • Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

What? The Titans? 😲

Yep. Protectorites were known to be a bit crazy. Used to be a Youtube video of them spawning a Kronos in Steel then dragging it to the burning building.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

7 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Yep. Protectorites were known to be a bit crazy. Used to be a Youtube video of them spawning a Kronos in Steel then dragging it to the burning building.

Of course those young and inexperienced, so they hadn't learned to avoid the drones.

What do you expect from teen Titans?

• Haha 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Once in awhile I'll be PI and drag a couple monsters from the island north west of the portal complex.  I bring them to parking lot in front and watch the fun!

Sometimes I'll get careless and drop them in front of one of the buildings and one of the drone will zap them into nothingness.

So, monsters are vulnerable but, I have not tried something like this on a giant monster.

9 minutes ago, Xalon said:

Where in North kings row can I find Paladin bot?

Paladin will make a beeline towards (-297, -30, -2368) in the High Park neighborhood if the construction event triggers and is allowed to complete. More info on the event can be found here:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Paladin_Construction

3 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Paladin will make a beeline towards (-297, -30, -2368) in the High Park neighborhood if the construction event triggers and is allowed to complete. More info on the event can be found here:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Paladin_Construction

I'll simply add that Paladin can spawn without the construction project as well, and he'll still head for that spot.  You can get a badge for this one, and if I recall correctly you won't if the one being constructed is active.

3 hours ago, Xalon said:

I hope people still do groups for GMs. I have yet to experience any GM or zone events, other than steel canyon building fires.

Make Talos a hub for your movements and you're likely to encounter 1 or more of Malta's Kronos Titans.  Two weeks ago, I was part of a league that tackled an outbreak of 20 of them.

Also, make sure you have the Event Messages dialog (blood red text) in whatever chat tab you monitor.  It will announce when GMs and events happen, with the exception of the unusual GM "Sally" of Croatoa, as stealth is all important to her.

Edited by Techwright

2 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Make Talos a hub for your movements and you're likely to encounter 1 or more of Malta's Kronos Titans.  Two weeks ago, I was part of a league that tackled an outbreak of 20 of them.

We're not supposed to mention those. They do not officially exist.

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

I'll simply add that Paladin can spawn without the construction project as well

That is not behavior I have ever witnessed, and I have studied/tested this event quite a bit. There are three separate construction areas that can independently spawn the Paladin event, and if each event is allowed to complete the construction, then up to three separate Paladins will make their way to that spot in High Park. The construction event will not recur until its respective Paladin is defeated.

• Thumbs Up 1