Patch Notes for February 20th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7

Big, big, big disappointment that getting into Striga for villains wasn't handled better, because there's a lot of really good stuff there.  There's only one acceptable way for a villain to deal with someone like Strax. Being a his obedient toady instead to unlock the rest of the content just wasn't acceptable.

But at least I've got my VEAT customization.

Edited by Lazarillo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Fire Control > Bonfire:
    • Knockdown rate has been reduced while using KB2KD enhancements. Pulse rate doubled.
    • Pulse rate doubled.
    • Damage now requires a to-hit check.
    • Power now accepts Accuracy enhancements.
  • Thunder Strike consistency pass (All versions):
    • Recharge increased from 18s to 20s.
    • Radius increased from 7' to 10'.
    • Endurance cost increased from 10.192 to 18.512.
    • Cast time reduced from 3.3s to 2.53s.
    • Main target damage increased from scale 2.38 to scale 2.98.
    • Secondary target damage set to scale 0.42.
    • Epic versions of this power has 40s cooldown and 23.14 endurance cost

Ughh  really went live with these?

On the bonfire again, as bad as it was in the epics, this really should have been left alone in the primary versions of the power at least :/, it's not doing crap for knockdown now which is extra bad for the control set which pretty much relied on that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 10
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Microphone 1

5 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Ughh  really went live with these?

On the bonfire again, as bad as it was in the epics, this really should have been left alone in the primary versions of the power at least :/, it's not doing crap for knockdown now which is extra bad for the control set which pretty much relied on that.

The bolded I feel is hyperbolic.

I mained a fire/Kin controller an a Fire/psi dominator on live and Homecoming.
I do not, nor have ever needed Bonfire for effective control on a Fire/X Dom or Controller

Its a valid complaint that the primaries got hit, but please don't act like its the end of the world for Fire Control. 

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, LastHumanSoldier said:

The bolded I feel is hyperbolic.

I mained a fire/Kin controller an a Fire/psi dominator on live and Homecoming.
I do not, nor have ever needed Bonfire for effective control on a Fire/X Dom or Controller

Its a valid complaint that the primaries got hit, but please don't act like its the end of the world for Fire Control. 

Right but that's also part of it using it to help larger areas of the battle etc, so some do "rely" on it, flashfire, then cast bonfire so there is some control when it wears off, saving cinders for "oh crap" moments. Point again that this never should have happened, even in the epics, but at the very least not in the primary control sets.

You also just mentioned the two top tier combos with fire control, so already using the meta builds with it doesn't really allow for understanding of other worse combos and how they play. So it is actually a very big nerf to actual control for the control set.

The power also heavily needed the cast time reduced to the 1.67 version that neutron bomb had. Rest assured I'll never pick up bonfire in the epic ever again as well with these. Quicksand too, it didn't need the nerf, almost never saw anyone who actually ever picked it up in the epics, i'd imagine that'll be almost never now, but it still needed the cast reduced to 1s per it's animation as well, not 3 :/.

• Like 4

Well kids, it's been a blast. I stopped playing when this hit beta. I may drop in from time to time to say hello, but much of this is not my flavor.

Devs, I do appreciate that you brought the only game I have really played back to us and the last 4 years have been amazingly fun!

No hard feelings, glad I could relive CoH and revel in the nostalgia and I will always be eternally grateful to the Dev team; you brought back the past!

Good luck all, stay safe and remember..... No Capes!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 9
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 2
  • Thumbs Left 1

Just now, kelika2 said:

@WindDemon21, @LastHumanSoldier

Bonfire is for damage.  yeah sure you might see 6 damage a tick but you need to slap on fire cages, hot feet and your single target dots also rolling.  In addition its probably no longer a one slot wonder for epic pools.

I recommend 5/6 Bombardment(skip proc) and 1 kb2kd in Bonfire.

Bonfire was always for control, the damage was a bonus. TBH i'd rather have the damage changed to almost nothing to have the knockdown restored to previous levels.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • Microphone 1

8 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Well kids, it's been a blast. I stopped playing when this hit beta. I may drop in from time to time to say hello, but much of this is not my flavor.

Devs, I do appreciate that you brought the only game I have really played back to us and the last 4 years have been amazingly fun!

No hard feelings, glad I could relive CoH and revel in the nostalgia and I will always be eternally grateful to the Dev team; you brought back the past!

Good luck all, stay safe and remember..... No Capes!

Could I have your stuff? 

(Hey someone had to ask)

• Haha 14
  • Thumbs Up 3

Options - Windows, Recharge Timer.

In case you were wondering like me - you can now finetune options like which powers get a recharge timer, colour coding, etc. By default it was show time for longer than 1 minute or something to that effect, but I prefer to see it always so I changed it here. 

Power Tray labels can also show the actual key binding for customized binds!

Still looking to find more QoL things that make experience that much better. Appreciate this one

Power recharge timer - always setting.png

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Bonfire was always for control, the damage was a bonus. TBH i'd rather have the damage changed to almost nothing to have the knockdown restored to previous levels.

I feel that continuing to force you to rethink characters wont go anywhere.  So lets try the guilt route.

Fire Control has changed.  Your fire control alts wish you would change too.  Your fire control alts wish to feel the freedom of lighting the room on fire to control the enemies with death and destruction.  Your fire control alts want to hold the Intuition Partial Radial Revamp in the palm of their hands or using the lesser used hamis to maximize damage with Peroxisomes

Set your fire/radi troller free by ditching Cinders and embracing the color-tintable Choking Cloud into instantly holding bosses when paired with 4/6 Basilisk's and 2 Perox hamis

Feel the happiness from your fire/storm troller with lots of KB2KDs throwing out bonfire, tornado(not hurricane), freezing rain and so on for maximum dots

Let your fire/trick arrow troller light the whole god damn room on fire while stacking two blinds and two single target holds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

Yay!  Thank you!

Edit: I mean "thank you for the new costumes!"

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

I just want to point out that I called it almost 2 weeks ago.

On 2/9/2024 at 6:25 AM, PeregrineFalcon said:

Tuesday, February 20th.

I am occasionally almost always right about these sorts of things. Most of the time.

• Haha 1
  • Finland 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

7 minutes ago, Britannic said:

Got excited there for a moment, but it's empty 😅

At present, that option is specifically for the Snake-badge-specific unlock (to give you a scaly mantle if you want one), but we can indeed hope that it ends up getting more customization options later.

• Thumbs Up 5

Devs,

The scope and scale of this update is probably NaN for most nontechnical players, so please forgive them if they miss this particular elegant primal growth forest for the scraggly Charlie Brown Christmas Tree that they think is the real deal.

I performed a SWAG on the man-hours involved, and I think I ended up with a NaN myself. And I'm a megasavant... 

Magnificent work. You put your blood, sweat, and tears into this. Thank you. 

Respect,

Void   

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

What is "the Pocket D unlock method is still present" referring to?

You can unlock Long Range Teleporter by getting the Pocket D VIP Gold Club Member badge, which involves standing around in Pocket D for an hour.  This is how you used to get the Pocket D Teleport before it got folded into LRT.

EDIT: Damn, beat to the punch.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I am most likely in the minority. While I appreciate the tireless efforts to keep us all amused/interested with new things to do, I do think this patch came to soon. I only today asked my SG if they wanted to go to Brainstorm and test the LGTF in hard mode. 

I know there are people that seemingly play this game all day every day, but some folks simply can't. Now it's here, and I'm too late. 

I looked through the patch notes and I've either glossed over it accidentally, or it wasn't mentioned. Previously, we'd get XP when landing on an exploration badge. This no longer seems to be the case. These are the things that sneak through the cracks when you push things through when you could have easily waited until Summer. It's not like you have an overlord insisting on new issues every few months. Or..do you? What does this new license with NCSoft entail and require? (rhetorical) 

Again, I appreciate the efforts, particularly since I'm not forced to pay to play. Still, I'd rather explorations no be moved, as it just causes returning players to ask even more questions. I could get behind it to allow for a more uniform 8 explorations per zone, but now..just swapping badge locations? Seems like a waste of time to me, but perhaps there are things I don't know. 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Thumbs Down 8