Hands on my ARSEnal.

Marshal_General

I tested some with it in beta and kind of lost track with the last changes other than people seemed happy with them.

I made my ARSE/ARSE 😁 character and only got to 7 I think. I slept on Tranq during beta, but it seems to be the highest damage low tier power we get. The 48 second sleep helps a lot and with recharge will be even better.

I saw a couple of others running around, but not as many as I thought I would.

What do those of you using it think of it so far? Any stand out powers or letdown powers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Smoke canister + liquid nitrogen is a good combination. Smoke canister reduces mob vision so mobs will be passive longer and it therefore keeps mobs grouped together and in the incoming liquid nitrogen patch. Liquid nitrogen triggers the confusion effect on mobs in the smoke canister area. Also, liquid nitrogen means that even if they resist the confusion effect (ie: bosses) then they'll be slipping and falling fairly often. 

The cloaking device power seems to be fairly close to a "superior invisibility" clone. It's great for being able to seize the initiative in fight after fight because mobs generally can't see your dom until after you've laid an alpha on them. 

The AOE disorient is quite good and with good slotting its uptime is quite good as well. 

Basically, with the caveat that -fly isn't abundant and there's no immobilize (like illusion, for example) arsenal control has an abundance of AOE controls. 

The pet is a good tank with a taunt. However, it can split mobs away from the rest of a spawn. Overall it's a good power to take. But, it does have that downside. 

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney
  • Like 1

I tested a Ars/Savage in Beta lvl 50 full IOs and had a blast with it. So now im leveling same combo and got him up to 14 yesterday. 

Smoke Canister is my favorite power on the set. Also having a cloak that stacks +def is nice. This set requires some positional management due having many targeted AoE powers. 

Control wise is good (too early to compare with other sets) and damage wise... well lets hit 50 and see how it works on 54 x 8.

I will recommend to try Arsenal Control... set is too much fun.

The /arsenal set is ok... on paper. Making Elbow Strike and AoE hit would make me want to take it. Trip Mine is just silly and should be removed as it doesn't feel like an assault type power - give me Flamethrower or another ST shot instead.

I'm pleased with the control set, although I tend to respec out sleeps for late level content as they become next to useless with all of the AoEs going off.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Doing an arse/thorn take on the predator. 

It's going well so far... Thorn will fill in some of the weak spots decently.

Tried it semi maxed out on test during beta. Anything that can stroll thru those hydra pylons at +4 in the Apex TF, will ime, do pretty well in other areas too.

Aoe confuse, aoe stun and lastly, the aoe hold are the highlights for me. Pet fills a niche that appeals to me, but certainly doesn't steal the show.

Also they added aoe -fly to sleep nade. It is pretty ok with the ice Mistral set.

My gripe is that the set has no immob. Web Cocoon grenade was right there 😕

I didn't try it much during beta, and I'm leveling one now on live, but I'm lookin forward to the pet. 80% res to everything with taunt, it seems like it will works wonders for soloing AVs.

I'm playing an Arse/Fire for now, but I'm kind of tempted to maybe go Controller instead. Maybe /Dark? Heals and def, for an immortal gun drone. Or maybe /TA, having a toon with both a rifle and a bow sounds fun.

I'm kinda in love with an arse/pain controler I made on beta, but I want to try a fire/arse dom before I decide which alt to make. I want to solo through pretoria which might be pretty hard for the controller. Although having a hold and sleep would be pretty handy for single target damage.

Played an Arse/Arse Dom last night to level 27. Liking it so far. It's slow in the lower levels due to the long recharge of Sleep Grenade, and definitely END hungry, but once you're in your 20s and get some SOs and/or IOs slotted things pick up pretty quickly. People complain about the lack of an AoE immobilize but honestly I never once missed it. Sleep grenade and Liquid Nitrogen keep things pretty stationary.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Arcadio said:

I'm kinda in love with an arse/pain controler I made on beta, but I want to try a fire/arse dom before I decide which alt to make. I want to solo through pretoria which might be pretty hard for the controller. Although having a hold and sleep would be pretty handy for single target damage.

With the buffed origin powers, tranq dart can set up a sleep to get the bonus damage from arenal's own sleep. Plus, an auto-hit cc goes a long way for survivabilty.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

The cloaking device power seems to be fairly close to a "superior invisibility" clone.

As far as I can tell, you aren't visible to them at all.  I can sit there touching them and they won't do anything.  Haven't tested against mobs with Tactics though.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Only got up to level 8 last night. But early impression is a bit confused.

First off you need to pull out the rifle, which takes a moment. So if you don't par it with arse assault it's a bit annoying to look at and wait for every time you shoot off a primary.

However, initially it seems overwhelmingly powerful. We got a massive sleep power that reapply itself and slow down recharge. Only problem is they seem to wake up for a milisecond every 2 second or so and sometimes can get a shot off.

To close that gap we have the ice patch power that allow us to put both sleep and a constant knockdown on the mobs for an extended period of time. Now the mobs are really trapped and even better it does 300dmg (unslotted) they can't escape from 😮 what the heck. And saw that tear gas seem to work much the same way. 

So far the control set seems extremely powerful and I might say even to powerful.

The arse assault is decent do far. Got an arse corruptor and the big difference is all the AoE is swapped with melee attacks. However, almost all powers do have a knockdown, so I think it seems pretty Brilliant. Not sure why there is a trip mine though

3 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Antone noticed if you Tranq someone and then apply sleep grenade the effect from SG will overwrite the effect from Tranq? Tranq does overwrite the effect from SG, but I expect that it would due to the longer duration.

They both do damage and will break the sleep of the other.

But if you sleep nade > tranq it will stack when sleep nade pulses again a short time later.

On 2/22/2024 at 12:34 AM, livefan1 said:

The /arsenal set is ok... on paper. Making Elbow Strike and AoE hit would make me want to take it.

Given an elbow strike in the real world is most definitely single target, what a silly idea.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am leveling a Gravity/Arsenal Assault. The synergies are great because of Knockback! 

Propel + Buckshot, followed by An AOE Hold is sweet. I put FF Procs everywhere I can asap. This combo means a lot of recharge and early, which is what you want on a Dom. 

The Melee strikes are great too. It's easy to dispatch pesky Sorcerers quickly. 

Like any other grav build, I leave off crushing field until later in the build because it's just an aggro magnet if it's your opener. Wormhole is a decent opener though. 

Gonna enjoy setting up mines in solo missions, and learning to buckshot and propel mobs into mines behind them. 

6 hours ago, JayboH said:

Once the accuracy bug is patched, do you think it is worth it to slot Liquid Nitrogen for damage? 

Would love to see some permadom builds for Arse/Arse

I am not sure since it supposedly only does damage IF it knocks someone down, so the damage listed does not reflect what will actually happen IMO.

I am working on the build. I thought I was pretty much done and then I noticed I had put no slots into Ignite because the planner doesn't even allow a base slot. I will have to start over once it is fixed.

I had put a full set of Gaussian's into Targeting Drone, but now I am thinking maybe I should take Tactics and put those slots into it since it would affect the Tri-Cannon and give an increased chance for the proc to happen.

I also just noticed that Targeting Drone shows as increasing the accuracy of the Tri-Cannon. I am not sure if that is a bug or not. Could the proc trigger of the tri-cannon the way Tactics can?

I have my own arse/arse up to 20, and it's a blast!

Honestly the wealth of controls at this level feels really strong, and I feel more in control than most other doms at this level on the way up. Sleep Grenade especially is way more powerful than I anticipated. I'm perfectly happy having this in place of an aoe immob. Proccy, does a great job of silencing the alpha, and provides pretty solid ongoing mitigation as well.

Obviously running in the 20's is no real test of a build, and I haven't tackled any challenging content. I always seem to have a really capable control at the ready though, and most of my controls contribute a solid chunk of damage themselves.

Waiting for mids to update again so I can properly slot ignite and work out the rest of my build. Still interested in how this power works out in practice. 

Overall, it's fun to just spew random grenades and liquids out of my gun! 

My build has taken everything but tranquilizer in primary/secondary. I like tranq, but decided Burst was actually a pretty handy and efficient tool to have around for better overall ranged engagement.

My defensive tools outside controls are:

• Ranged defense softcap with Unleash Potential up.
  • Cycling Unleash with Surge of Power at high levels. I don't usually bother with crashy T9 type powers, but it's a good mule here, and doms can refill end with domination even when fully drained. I'm hoping this bit of AT synergy makes it worth using. The idea is rotating Unleash and Surge most of the time, but stacking when needed to become extra super tanky when needed. Ranged softcap with max resists to almost everything along with infinite end is nothing to sneeze at!

I also like that I have plenty of efficient spots for FFback, which takes a little pressure off recharge set bonuses. Targeting drone has a similar effect, giving me more proc flexibility, as well as ramping quick snipe damage. Lots to like!

Edited by Onlyasandwich

I have been playing one of these since Page 7 patch day - reached 50 now.

Needed to reconfigure build to increase endurance capacity and recovery because it was always running out of endurance. It was due to bombing the heck out of packs of critters with the primary AoEs which was too much fun. Been a while since I have experienced total endurance drain on any character.

I skipped Tranquilizer, Buttstroke, Elbow Strike and Ignite.

Tri-Cannon is a good aggro-magnet, whatever it is shooting will attack it instead of you and it is resilient.

Cloaking Device doesn't seem to have the costume settings (yet) allowed with blasters i.e. always hidden vs showing costume but cloaked.

13 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

I also just noticed that Targeting Drone shows as increasing the accuracy of the Tri-Cannon. I am not sure if that is a bug or not. Could the proc trigger of the tri-cannon the way Tactics can?

Shouldn't be.  Must be a bug.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

I always try the new sets on beta. I soloed there. Just to test power and get a feel for the set. Endurance seemed to be the biggest issue and I am not sure if it’s a dominator thing or just arsenal/arsenal in general. I tried different io sets in my builds to make me less endurance heavy. Haven’t found that spot yet. I was back and forth on the aoe immobilize issue. I definitely see why the players felt that it should have one. I personally thought that the single sleep and an aoe immobilize would have been cool. 

Playing on live has been a different experience. I have been enjoying the sets more. Maybe because I am teaming up. It makes things better. I think the set is really fun. Plus I have a non magic toon hehe. The lack of immobilization really does not bother me. The set plays very well. I like trip mine for when baddies get too close. Plus it has a low recharge so you can try and sprinkle the around. 

I wish dominator could get so love in the endurance department though. Other doms don’t feel as rough as much as these sets. Except my fire/fire dom. Maybe we can some new enhancedment sets that could help with endurance issues. Or make toggle powers not so endurance heavy. 

very happy with the sets 

that’s just my two cents.