City Mod Installer (Released)

• 4 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

Everything works great except for the Cimorora map. There is one badge that shows on the map but when I go there, it is in the water. Is there a separate download for this that I can install? The rest are all fine.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

• City Council
49 minutes ago, Healix said:

Everything works great except for the Cimorora map. There is one badge that shows on the map but when I go there, it is in the water. Is there a separate download for this that I can install? The rest are all fine.

It sounds like you may still have data overrides in your client directory.  When you launch the Mod Installer, do you see a warning stating that it found # files in your data directory?

• 2 weeks later

Just noticed this:

Three of the Glowie sound modification are listed as "Glowie - X" and and we have "Double Loud Glowie" and "Loud Glowie"

Would be easier to find if they were all:

Glowie - Annoyingly Loud
Glowie - Double Loud
Glowie - Loud
Glowie - Music Box
Glowie - Ping (v1)

• Like 1

• City Council
Just now, Starhammer said:

I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I even reinstalled the game from scratch. Can't get this to work. 😞

Fortunately I was able to paste the old Data folder back in and at least get the outdated mods working again.

Can you please use the "Upload Support Bundle" under tools, and use your forum username?

• Like 1

What a wonderful addition this is to my game! I had the base portal beacon signs already installed from a while back, but the CMI updated them and now they all can be read. I  LOVE being able to hear the glowies much better. (I like the Glowie - Double Loud the best.)  It has a sort of bell-like tone, and I no longer have trouble hearing or finding them. I also love the more realistic flight sound. It is great that you can try different things and then uninstall them if you don't like them. This is such a quality addition to our wonderful game.

0iO4Kpb.gif

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Michiyo said:

Can you please use the "Upload Support Bundle" under tools, and use your forum username?

I will give it a try, but I think I'm going to wait on messing with anything until after Halloween. Don't want to risk downtime during "ToT till my eyes bleed" season 🙂

6 hours ago, Starhammer said:

I will give it a try, but I think I'm going to wait on messing with anything until after Halloween. Don't want to risk downtime during "ToT till my eyes bleed" season 🙂

What you might want to do afterwards is make a copy of your Homecoming folder and do a fresh install.  Then copy over the directories that have info you still want (accounts, architect, costumes, powercust, screenshots, settings for example)

• Haha 1

• City Council

A lot of times this comes up it's some strange permissions issue on the game folder.  Half the folder is owned by one user, the other half by another.  The support bundle will confirm what the issue is usually.

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place for help. I've installed the 'City mod installer' and when it runs I point it where I think I'm supposed to - C:\Games\Homecoming. This on its own does not crash the game and nor does installing 'Homecoming vidiotmaps' but as soon as I add the assestpath and run the game is just crashes with no error message but the choice to upload a data dump etc.

I have Tequila and what may actually be the CoH install on my D drive - D:\CityOfHeroes

I'm a little lost tbh so any help would be appreciated 

• City Council
Just now, Sunsteal said:

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place for help. I've installed the 'City mod installer' and when it runs I point it where I think I'm supposed to - C:\Games\Homecoming. This on its own does not crash the game and nor does installing 'Homecoming vidiotmaps' but as soon as I add the assestpath and run the game is just crashes with no error message but the choice to upload a data dump etc.

I have Tequila and what may actually be the CoH install on my D drive - D:\CityOfHeroes

I'm a little lost tbh so any help would be appreciated 

You've told the mod installer, that your city of heroes install is in C:\Games\Homecoming, but your install is actually in D:\CityOfHeroes.  When you add the assetpath in Tequila, you're telling your game to look in a folder that doesn't exist, because you've told the installer to put it's data in the wrong directory.  I'd suggest totally deleting the installer, re-download, when you run it for the first time point it to D:\CityOfHeroes, then install Vidiots.

15 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

You've told the mod installer, that your city of heroes install is in C:\Games\Homecoming, but your install is actually in D:\CityOfHeroes.  When you add the assetpath in Tequila, you're telling your game to look in a folder that doesn't exist, because you've told the installer to put it's data in the wrong directory.  I'd suggest totally deleting the installer, re-download, when you run it for the first time point it to D:\CityOfHeroes, then install Vidiots.

Thank you very much for that very fast reply and it works so thanks again 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later

I am reinstalling Modder on a new computer after over a year of not playing. It installed and sort of ran yesterday -- updating vidiotmaps was more complicated than I remembered, and something came up, so I didn't finish. This morning I was planning on fighting through it, but now Modder won't start properly.  It keeps giving one exception notice after the other.  The first of MANY problems even in the first notice begins:

Erorro in application:

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error (530) Not logged in

at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.RequestCallback(Object obj)

That notice spans about 4 inches. When I acknowledge, another notice, then another, etc.  The chain eventually stops (except one time when I had to use Task Manager to kill it).  I assume there is a configuration problem, but if so I don't know why it ran yesterday.  I believe my CoH Root Directory is proper:

* C:\games\coh\Homecoming

The executable 'launcher.exe' is two levels below that.

Oh, here is image of the first error notice.

CoHmodderError.png

-- Rock

• City Council
24 minutes ago, cohRock said:

I am reinstalling Modder on a new computer after over a year of not playing. It installed and sort of ran yesterday -- updating vidiotmaps was more complicated than I remembered, and something came up, so I didn't finish. This morning I was planning on fighting through it, but now Modder won't start properly.  It keeps giving one exception notice after the other.  The first of MANY problems even in the first notice begins:

That notice spans about 4 inches. When I acknowledge, another notice, then another, etc.  The chain eventually stops (except one time when I had to use Task Manager to kill it).  I assume there is a configuration problem, but if so I don't know why it ran yesterday.  I believe my CoH Root Directory is proper:

* C:\games\coh\Homecoming

The executable 'launcher.exe' is two levels below that.

Oh, here is image of the first error notice.

CoHmodderError.png

This isn't my tool, this is the old mod installer by PK, he has left the community and took his site down which is why you're getting the errors you are.  You'll need to download my mod installer linked in the original post, follow the install instructions for the launcher you use (Tequila / HC Launcher), and remove / rename your existing Data folder.

2 hours ago, Michiyo said:

This isn't my tool, this is the old mod installer by PK, he has left the community and took his site down which is why you're getting the errors you are.  You'll need to download my mod installer linked in the original post, follow the install instructions for the launcher you use (Tequila / HC Launcher), and remove / rename your existing Data folder.

I think I just did it all.  The update to Vidiotmaps was very quick and occurred with nothing unexpected happening.  Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Rock

The City Mod Installer is really such a great tool! I found a few game changers for me that were wonderful are

I can hear the glowies way better..the sound is louder, but has a pleasant  bell sound instead of a sonic buzz.   (Double Loud Glowie}

Dulling the annoying sound from hitting a power key when it is recharging.   (Powers Recharging Less Annoying SFX Sound)

Portal at the Portal Corps are not loud and headache inducing anymore   (Portal Corpse Quieter Portals SFX Sound)

Improved flying sound  (Flight Realistic SFX Mod)

readable signs for the base portals  (Base TP Beacon Labels - Issue 27)

assorted other mods that quiet things like pulsing quills, Arctic-Air, hasten pop-bang, lightning field, etc.

Nqn4VhD.jpg

• 2 weeks later

So. I just tried installing this, and am not having much success; I have no self-confidence that I know what I'm doing, and

I am terrified I will FUBAR everything if I keep trying to do it on my own. Could someone please walk me through this?

So far, I've downloaded the thing from OP, Unzipped it to its own subfolder in my Downloads folder, tried to run COHModdingTool.exe,

and...that's where I'm now stuck, as it has ceased to resemble what OP's instructions say ought to happen.

Edited by AspieAnarchy

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem