Chronologist Day Job & Badge

You have spent a great deal of time working with the agents of Ouroboros earning you the Chronologist Day Job.

How

do

they

know?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

They

have

detailed

files.

• Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

They

have

detailed

files.

What happened to the files that they needed their tails removed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

9 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

image.png.9c497d960929068cc4df6ee395d63681.png      image.png.3993cc493201de5655d9a2dcd9f54b2d.png

Mender Derek                          Mender Silos

They're always watching. For all time. Always.

So this gets to the nub of my question, which I asked in a very flippant way to encourage silly answers but it kinda bugged me (but not in any way enough to lose sleep over)

Let's get past the "timeywimeyballofshit" meme because that's probably better known than Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity (personally I don't get either concept fully)

But the whole Mender/Ouro thing is you keep going back and forth in time - and I do admit this proved to be an incredibly inventive solution to a player problem. That problem was that it was impossible to revisit content you'd outlevelled without exemping on somebody else's team. So this is a great solution and I'm not criticizing it in any way (and those of you who know me know that I will if I feel it doesn't come up to snuff.)

But it's more a thought experiment - if time is as fluid as the Menders (and many actual physicists) tell us, then surely the badge should be awarded within random parameters and awarded to reflect that - because if time is mutable it's possible I spent several million years talking to Mender Roebuck, getting rid of the dross I'd picked up from the last mission - but weeks had passed down in Grandville and Atlas Park

I guess my basic gripe is that the badge doesn't actually respect the awesomeness of Ouroboros sufficiently and needs something better. I'm not suggesting a title change - but something to reflect that you're about as powerful as any time lord you care to mention in any universe. So long as you're constrained within the bounds of Paragon, the Isles or Praetoria.

I'm thinking out loud a bit in a bit of down time - but it's an interesting intersection between known physics, philosophy and game life.

13 minutes ago, tidge said:

I kinda want to have a Nemesis Pilot, wearing aviators and a scarf, having a drink in Pocket D, complaining "I'm tired of people always blaming me."

And sopping wet, covered in green fluid. 553px-Warhulk1.jpg.a49b5b14612539eff13fed9b6b1c40b1.jpg

Edit: Or is the liquid clear and the glass is green?

Edited by Major_Decoy

3 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

How

do

they

know?

They don't.  You awarded yourself the badge one day and anyone who questions it gets a letter that tells them the exact date and time of their death signed by your future self

Those that question again get a selfie of your future self standing over the questioner's corpse with a caption that reads, "Wish you weren't here!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Moose 1

Everyone you're working with is a time traveler tasked with keeping tabs on you just to be certain you don't fuck up the entire timeline... again.

The jellyfish thing wasn't funny, and you deserved that mind-wipe.

Shit, is this going out live?  He can see this?  Damn it.  Okay, get the machine ready...

• Sad 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Simple: When you enter an Ouroboros Portal, an attochip is implanted painlessly in your character. (There are unproven rumors that the chip releases some kind of antiviral vaccine as well. /em shrug)

You are then awarded the "Entrusted with the Secret" badge, and can summon O-portals. How do they know where to send the portal? They track your attochip!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)