The Officially Unofficial Weekly Challenge #3: Compliment people's costumes

Some people just select a standard costume but others put a lot of time into their costumes.

So this week when you see someone with a nice costume - tell them.   It doesn't have to be the greatest costume ever.  You just have to like it.

You can just say "nice costume" but for bonus points say something specific you like such as "nice colors" or "great use of those shoulders"

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

It’s not unusual for me to tell someone I like their name or their bio. Alas, I have the fashion sense of a … well, software developer. Plus it’s often hard to see the costume under all the stealth, floaty geoids, etc. 

But I’ll see what I can do. I’ll try not to become an accessory to a fashion crime. 

I often do this, I'm also quick to tell someone they've got a great name. 

Shout out to a villain I teamed with recently: Kill-Ade Man.  Huge body, no head, giant skull on his chest, everything red.  If you don't "see" it, think about it for a second and then you will.  When he joined the team and got close, and I could see what he was, I went "OH YEAAAHHHH!"

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

….. so, there are some very good costume artists in CoH.  I an not one.  I even casually know one or two.  But I do not compliment unless it is deserved.  

Some of these folks either hit random or they have the fashion sense of someone dressing for a comic con while on a three day drunk…

image.jpeg.4053aaba846de5a46eb7c97d9c500640.jpeg

• Haha 1

"I like your sleeves" - Napoleon Dynamite

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

….. so, there are some very good costume artists in CoH.  I an not one.  I even casually know one or two.  But I do not compliment unless it is deserved.  

Some of these folks either hit random or they have the fashion sense of someone dressing for a comic con while on a three day drunk…

I may be both... or one of those  I recently got TPed to the mission door on a  redside PUG and the teleporter said "what the hell did I just TP?!" when I arrived.

• Haha 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I'm most likely to fail this challenge. I can rarely make out any costume in sufficient detail to notice anything. It's an odd thing - I see screenshots of a costume and can see it well. But in game, I can hardly tell it's anything special. 

For example: image.png.c918af9ea1d273d9e67196c066069f53.png

What is there to notice other than pink hair, with shades of blue, black and gold? It was a random costume, all I did was change it from a fish face to a human head, really. 
The randomizer made it all black and blue, but I figured there should be some kind of other color. But maybe it my graphics card, or my eyes, but I just don't see anything clearly enough to note any fine attention to detail for evaluating a costume. 

Now, a bio - that's a different story. I do read and compliment amusing or interesting bios. But costumes? I'll try...but I'm no fashion plate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I may be both... or one of those  I recently got TPed to the mission door on a  redside PUG and the teleporter said "what the hell did I just TP?!" when I arrived.

very nice.  always leave them wondering

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2024 at 7:36 AM, Snarky said:

….. so, there are some very good costume artists in CoH.  I an not one. 

You always have nice use of color.

I always send a private tell complimenting appearance, clever name, or great biography.  The last admittedly I don't read unless I'm first hooked by name or appearance.  I've had it happen often enough, often when I never would consider it, like shopping the AH, sometimes with characters I didn't think really looked that spectacular, and it always brings a smile.  So why not make someone else's day?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1