The age old question.....

The request to "distribute" entry to Ouro has been pending a long time; I've assumed there's some technical/code issue keeping it from being implemented.

But I've been hanging out near Ms. Liberty for a while as the flood of newbs comes in, and it seems to me that the initial materialization of new alts on the steps is random over a fairly large area. So...

• Banjo 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

A chicken and an egg are laying in bed smoking post-coital cigarettes. The egg turns to the chicken and said "Well that answers the age old question!"

Just noting this is an easter joke, ok? don't shoot me!

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
  • Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I assume it's people who load slowly and they'll move once they're loaded in.

• Banjo 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I'm glad no-one's mentioned the snack bar and open keg in the center of the portal yet.  Wouldn't want that secret to slip out.

Ah, damnit.  Now I'll never be able to get to chocolate waterfall.

• Banjo 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

59 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

A chicken and an egg are laying in bed smoking post-coital cigarettes. The egg turns to the chicken and said "Well that answers the age old question!"

Just noting this is an easter joke, ok? don't shoot me!

Well, actually, the correct answer is... the rooster.

• Banjo 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

37 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I assume it's people who load slowly and they'll move once they're loaded in.

Well, that's kindly thinking, but I often see clots of alts, often with their whole damned pet troupe, just stand there for very long times. If they just entered the game, they could be anywhere, not just at the portal, and not with their minions.

I really don't know what causes OuroZombieItis besides... well, let's not be unkind now.

• Banjo 1

20 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Well, actually, the correct answer is... the rooster.

• Banjo 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I much prefer this Rooster.

• Banjo 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I know I've been guilty of this before.  I didn't realize it could be such a problem.  I'll try to remember to move my characters out from the portal trigger, so it's not an issue in the future. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

On 3/17/2024 at 6:22 PM, Ghost said:

After standing next to the portal for more than 30 seconds, start removing things

Remove their pants, semi-permanently. Give them a no pants debuff for 8 hours of in game time.

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, JetMalakai said:

Remove their pants, semi-permanently. Give them a no pants debuff for 8 hours of in game time.

I know one player on these forums that would intentionally stand there (while posting essays), so he could run around with no pants on

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

On 3/18/2024 at 4:23 AM, Grouchybeast said:

TP to a random Shadow Shard location!  More people should have a chance to experience the beauty of the Shards.

Only if you can a) inactivate the SG portals and the portals directly back to FBZ, and b) make the 'jump off the rock and be teleported back to the start of the zone' target change to the entry to the next deeper zone in the Shard. The full experience of the Shard requires that you find and use the gravity geysers (or, for the masochistic, flight or teleportation) to traverse each zone, so you don't miss anything.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

It's a portal.  If you stand next to it too long, have it drop you into a random area of a random zone.  Fun places like Eden, Cimerora, the Storm Palace, the Easter Egg room in Faultline, inside the BAF, or the outskirts of the Nightward.  Better, have it drop people into an instanced mission map that can't be won or quit out of; the only escape is dying or finding & clicking on a hidden door.

• Banjo 1

If the reason the Ouros are recruiting you is that you native time predates their Menders' allowing you to travel back further...

Than this can't be an age old question.

See why I hate time travel stories ....

• Haha 2
  • Banjo 1

On 4/6/2024 at 11:02 AM, srmalloy said:

More people should have a chance to experience the beauty of the Shards.

I agree. For some reason, I find myself drawn to the Shards. Especially this time of year, the eyeballs should just be reaching peak bloodshot.

But if I can't have that, give me monkeypool!

Edited by DoctorDitko
inside joke
  • Banjo 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)