Is there really a massive proc nerf just around the corner?

3 minutes ago, Nostromo21 said:

You obviously haven't played a fully twinked necro/dark MM... 😜

Nah he probably has. Masterminds are atrocious outside of niche scenarios.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Nah he probably has. Masterminds are atrocious outside of niche scenarios.

You mean like playing the game from 1-50 mostly solo, which is prob 90% of the time spent by most player in-game...? ;)

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Game over man, game over!

12 minutes ago, Nostromo21 said:

You mean like playing the game from 1-50 mostly solo, which is prob 90% of the time spent by most player in-game...? 😉

Oh I spend 0% of my time doing that so you probably got me there.

• Banjo 1

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

Oh I spend 0% of my time doing that so you probably got me there.

Yes, some ppl need a team of randos to carry them. For me, hell is other ppl, so I prefer undead minions. ;-p

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Game over man, game over!

56 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

Well, they could just double the fury cap, then periodically review it, like once per year.  That might be too much work, so no review.  Just double it.

Old wound.  But they nerfed Fury to effectively 85% because edge case Brutes were outdamaging sub par Scrappers.  Now they have buffed Tanks and Scrappers have one of the best ATO in the game.  I think letting Fury bar go back to 100 is not unreasonable.  Also, the +fury on the Brute ATO is easily the worst ATO in the game.  Somehow has to be worst, but geez.  there should be a floor no one can go below.  Most people are on a 1st floor, Scrappers are in Penthouse. Brute ATO is sub basement.  Except for the set bonus the thing is a waasted slot

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Banjo 1

• Game Master

Why the mastermind hate? I love masterminds and I play them a lot. I also don't see teams carrying a well slotted and well played mastermind. I've seen badly played ones where the player has no idea how to control their pets, but that's the minority

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

1 hour ago, Nostromo21 said:

You mean like playing the game from 1-50 mostly solo, which is prob 90% of the time spent by most player in-game...? 😉

I don't think most of us are here to solo.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

10 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

I don't think most of us are here to solo.

An interesting question, but I think the spread is more likely something like 70%/30% than the 95%/5% permateamers picture in their head.

Food for thought: outside of perceived support ATs like Defenders, approximately 0 builds posted in the Archetype forums are optimized for teaming. Whereas builders will juggle slots around for 20 minutes to squeeze out +3% DPS.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

2 minutes ago, nihilii said:

An interesting question, but I think the spread is more likely something like 70%/30% than the 95%/5% permateamers picture in their head.

Food for thought: outside of perceived support ATs like Defenders, approximately 0 builds posted in the Archetype forums are optimized for teaming. Whereas builders will juggle slots around for 20 minutes to squeeze out +3% DPS.

It's easy to play in a team with a build that solos well

Harder to solo with a build made for teaming.

However, I don't see the builds as saying anything about what people prefer to do when logged in.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Banjo 1

53 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

Why the mastermind hate? I love masterminds and I play them a lot. I also don't see teams carrying a well slotted and well played mastermind. I've seen badly played ones where the player has no idea how to control their pets, but that's the minority

63FC6B76-DB9F-41AD-9A99-22C71DA6D9E1.jpeg.d843b4b10cd5594c36a5b0fa1eeb24b4.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Banjo 1

8 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

LotG isn't a proc, it's a permanent buff.

Sudden Accel isn't a proc, it's a behavior change from knockback to knockdown instead. Not only that, but I actually mentioned KD procs in my post, which you snipped out in favor of cherry-picking that one half-sentence.

And considering this thread is almost entirely about damage procs (which I was pointing out in my post), this seems like needless semantics on your part.

• Banjo 2

20 hours ago, Jacke said:

[  I just play the game and help with testing in Closed Beta.  I'm not a Dev.  ]

Good point!  Set the Wayback Machine to 2020 Sep 20!

Procs & PPM
Something we’ve recently started looking at is procs. 

I think the long amount of time since that mention in 2020 just indicates that this is a very major change that needs to be done properly when it comes.

I actually think it will never happen. 

Just like Rage isn't getting fixed. 

But wow, the power creep that has occurred in this game is nuts. 

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

18 hours ago, macskull said:

One of the major issues with PPM as it is currently implemented, anyways. People think that PPM was an I24 thing, but PPM-based procs already existed in the live game from cash shop enhancements, and those just used base recharge. I24 changed this initially to "modified recharge" (which included both slotted and global recharge) until it was pointed out that including global recharge would result in undesirable performance changes while teamed with certain support sets. I don't think the current system is bad, it's just that the game has zero explanation of how the system actually works so you have to rely on outside calculators and spreadsheets to do the math. If the game explained it somewhere, I don't think it would be a big deal.

The fact that PPM in combination with either the Agility or Spiritual Alpha can cause you to do actually less damage than if you hadn't slotted either Alpha is I'd say a significant design flaw.  Prior to sunset, Incarnate abilities weren't exactly the easiest thing to come by.  Even on Homecoming, procs being made very significantly worse by 25% of the Incarnate Alphas isn't exactly good.  That there's nothing in-game explaining this to you is another issue on top of that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Rolls down the windows on the Malibu and squints eyes for a second then rolls away.

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

"Is there really a massive proc nerf just around the corner?"

@Azari Yes.

..but not in the way you think; which may or may not be considered a "nerf" for the majority of the character base while the impact on edge cases may or may not be measurable at this time. Please check back periodically for any official updates. Players can always send in-game tells directly to GM_Bot. Repeated inquiries may provide different responses.

In game inquiries should be in the following formats:

/t GM_Bot, Is there really a massive proc nerf just around the corner?

/t GM_Bot, seriously, are Procs being nerfed?

/t GM_Bot, just tell me.

/t GM_Bot, dude.. seriously? that sucks.

Player may need to ask several times, several ways before the beans are spilled.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

The fact that PPM in combination with either the Agility or Spiritual Alpha can cause you to do actually less damage than if you hadn't slotted either Alpha is I'd say a significant design flaw. 

What's this mean? I thought the formula for PPM was for slotted recharge. 

Formula for Single Target Attacks: ((Base Recharge/(1+Recharge Slotted)+Activation Time)xPPM/60)

Does Agility and Spiritual do something weird to powers with no slotted recharge?

Edit: Well after reading the Homecoming wiki, turns out PPM is affected by Alpha Incarnate Agility and Spirtual slots. 

Note: For this calculation, "Enhanced Recharge Time" includes reductions from enhancements and Alpha slotting, but not from Luck of the Gambler bonuses, other enhancement set bonuses, Hasten, or other recharge buffs. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Banjo 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

7 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

What's this mean? I thought the formula for PPM was for slotted recharge.

Alphas are mega-enhancements, essentially.  They function like an extra enhancement in every power that accepts whatever they're enhancing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

3 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Alphas are mega-enhancements, essentially.  They function like an extra enhancement in every power that accepts whatever they're enhancing.

Yes, and that Synapse either didn't realize that or simply didn't care is a design flaw of the PPM system.  25% of the Incarnate Alphas shouldn't be "gotchas," nor a waste of Incarnate salvage.

But I think he did realize it and did care.  Word is that he was actually getting ready to get rid of PPM and try something different, but then Paragon Studios was shuttered out of nowhere.

• Banjo 1

• Game Master
3 hours ago, Troo said:

"Is there really a massive proc nerf just around the corner?"

@Azari Yes.

..but not in the way you think; which may or may not be considered a "nerf" for the majority of the character base while the impact on edge cases may or may not be measurable at this time. Please check back periodically for any official updates. Players can always send in-game tells directly to GM_Bot. Repeated inquiries may provide different responses.

In game inquiries should be in the following formats:

/t GM_Bot, Is there really a massive proc nerf just around the corner?

/t GM_Bot, seriously, are Procs being nerfed?

/t GM_Bot, just tell me.

/t GM_Bot, dude.. seriously? that sucks.

Player may need to ask several times, several ways before the beans are spilled.

You are going to take the advice of an artificial intelligence with a series of pre-programmed responses seriously? 

All hail our new GM Bot overlord!! (Just in case it's listening) 😛

• Haha 5