Share Your Puns/Amusing Pet Names

Just like the thread for puns and amusing character names, only this time share the names of your pets.

A few of mine to kick it off:

Fire/kin controller imps:  Bobby Flay'm, Guy Fiery, Sara Molten  (puns on cooking show stars names)

image.png.6ae9879b293919fef23a3cbf5277fd40.png

Electrical controller gremlins:  ACe / DeuCe

Plant controller flytrap: Thornwell

Dark Corruptor pet:  Inky

Earth Controller pet: Cahokia  (After the Native American city of mound builders near the Mississippi River.)

Back on Live servers I had a Mercenaries MM.  I named them after the Cheat Commandos from Homestar Runner.  They were a parody of G.I. Joe toys and merchandise-driven media.

Soldier 1: Fightgar

Soldier 2: Gunhaver

Medic: Silent Rip

Spec Ops 1: Firebert

Spec Ops 2: Ripberger

Commando: Renforcements

I had macros set aside to make them recite their box taglines and perform the Cheat Commandos battle cry while I was at it.

After I did that I desperatly wanted to rename the MM to Crack Stuntman (the in-universe voice actor of Gunhaver) but someone had the name and never let it go.

• Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Some of my Pets/Henchpeople are not funny like all of my Mercs are Colonial Marines from Aliens while my Necros are Pharaohs and my Demons are Demons from AD&D.  Volt and Amp for my Electric Dom, you get the idea.

But a few are Punny

Blue Aria - Symphonic Control Controller - Reverberant is Rock-A-Pella from the Carmen San Diego TV show

Hard Melody - Sonic Blaster - Seers Lore Pets are Paula and Janet (Abdul and Janet Jackson) and Wisp Pet is Synergy from JEM.

Flattery (Illusion) - PA are High Beam, Wind Wench and Tara Jewel my alt and my two SG mates from the Babes of War.  Spectral Terror is named Spooky Ted and phantasm is Mister Sparkle.

Terra Furious (Plant Dom) has Hungry Hugo

But my Thugs/Rad MM - Boy Toy, Mister Abs, The Hottie, Teaser, Pleaser and Big Sexy . . . you know.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

One Beast MM was called Capt Sam's Space Zoo (yes it just fit) and I named all the pets after planets, stuff like Mars wolf, Jupiterian Lion etc. 

Another Merc MM is King Pumpkin Spice and his henchmen are all named after the spices that you blend oy make pumpkin spice, Ginger, Nutmeg, etc.

These pet names to me are part of the character concept, so I sweat the details with them too, yes!

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

My best ones:

- Kelvin Ator (my original ice/fire blaster from live - remember, fridges are heat exchangers! :)

- Pen Umbra (Ill/Dark troller)

- Elektra Luxx (my PB :) - and if you know where that's from, you must be a dirty old man like me! :classic_biggrin:

- Psycho Maiden (Shield/Psi tanker)

- Max Arsenal (Arse/Arse dom :)

- Raidioactive (Rad/Atomic blaster)

- Miss Memory (psychic/mental blaster)

- Elsa Frozenice (ice/ice stalker)

- Romulv (broad/shield brute - means space wolf in Norwegian :)

- Manshee (sonic/sonic corr)

- Monkeyking (staff/ninj scrapper)

- Babarella (they took Barbierella off me :( - I was going for Barbarella, obviously, couldn't give a flying about the doll or movie!)

I have a lot of other 'clever' ones I like, but they are not really puns or amusing.

Edited by Nostromo21
  • Thumbs Up 1

Game over man, game over!

7 hours ago, High_Beam said:

Some of my Pets/Henchpeople are not funny like all of my Mercs are Colonial Marines from Aliens while my Necros are Pharaohs and my Demons are Demons from AD&D.  Volt and Amp for my Electric Dom, you get the idea.

I named my zoms Rocky, Apollo and Drago; the knights Donnie and Darko; and the lich Vecna. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Another Merc MM is King Pumpkin Spice and his henchmen are all named after the spices that you blend oy make pumpkin spice, Ginger, Nutmeg, etc.

Clever!  But you only play him in Autumn, right? 😉

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2024 at 10:26 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Why not go with Ginger, Scary, Sporty, Baby & Posh...?

(I'll see myself out...:classic_blush:)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

6 minutes ago, Techwright said:

We really need a drum rimshot icon in the Like feature.  😉

But we *need* 2 pizza emojis and that Finland flag.  And don't you even THINK of replacing the moose!

• Moose 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

4 minutes ago, biostem said:

But we *need* 2 pizza emojis and that Finland flag.  And don't you even THINK of replacing the moose!

He's rather costly, you know.  We could get a fine 8 point white-tail deer and a cheery red panda for what feed we pay him, and probably still have a bit left over to give the banjo some strings.

• Haha 1

I don't have many punny character or pet names. 

The only ones I can really think of would be:

My little goblin mage's earth elemental, that she's named Muffin.

My bard's reverberant pet named Tempo.

• Like 2

Well Let's See On My Bots MM I Got:

Assault Bot: Groucho

Protector Bots: Chico and Harpo

Battle Drones: Zeppo, Gummo and Margaret Dumont

Lore Pets

1: Abbott and Costello

2: Laurel and Hardy

3: Hope and Crosby

4: Lucy and Ethel (seers)

Looking for my next ones still need Martin and Lewis

I seem to be followed by a bunch of comedians....

Incidentally I tried to do the Scooby Gang originally, but it seems "Scooby" was a reserved word on Live. Might have to retry on  HC.

• Haha 1

Finally built an Arse/Arse Dom. Went with "The Dysh." Her pet tri-cannon is named "Spoon." 

They run away together...

For my first ever demon MM, I did a serious name (Kamadme, another name for Lamashtu), but all her pets are words from different languages, each essentially meaning "idiot.":-)

Forgot lore pets of older toons: 

KR Devil's drone thingees are "Matt " and "Foggy"

Edited by cranebump
  • Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

10 hours ago, DarkonCOH99 said:

Well Let's See On My Bots MM I Got:

Assault Bot: Groucho

Protector Bots: Chico and Harpo

Battle Drones: Zeppo, Gummo and Margaret Dumont

Lore Pets

1: Abbott and Costello

2: Laurel and Hardy

3: Hope and Crosby

4: Lucy and Ethel (seers)

Looking for my next ones still need Martin and Lewis

I seem to be followed by a bunch of comedians....

Incidentally I tried to do the Scooby Gang originally, but it seems "Scooby" was a reserved word on Live. Might have to retry on  HC.

I learned a lot about the black & white era comedy groups when I did a thematic art project back in college.   I'm impressed that you not only got all the Marx Brothers, but also their female lead.  Many have never realized there were more than 3.

Don't overlook the Ritz Brothers.  They're sadly not as well known, but they were something of a counterpoint to the Marx Brothers. 

Of course there is also all six of the Three Stooges:  Moe, Larry, Curley, Shemp, Joe Besser, and Curley Joe Derita.  Emil Sitka, their long-time collaborative partner, was considered to be the 7th Stooge, and had been announced as such, but illness in the aged team prevented him from ever playing a stooge onscreen.

There's also all the Our Gang members, generations of them, and Fatty Arbuckle and Joe E. Brown, who, while not a recognized established team, did work together on occasion.  And you could always lump the 3 individual greats together as a "best of" set:  Charlie Chaplain, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd.

• Haha 1

Here's Pyrefox with his pets.  And his origin is that the airman he sent to supply for a can of turn signal fluid, actually brought back a can of radioactive turn signal fluid.

That was his airman's origin as well, a rather cute bug gal registered as Deja Thorax.

Pyrefox and Pets-0.jpg

Edited by Ravenplume
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Ravenplume said:

Here's Pyrefox with his pets.  And his origin is that the airman he sent to supply for a can of turn signal fluid, actually brought back a can of radioactive turn signal fluid.

That was his airman's origin as well, a rather cute bug gal registered as Deja Thorax.

Pyrefox and Pets-0.jpg

Some nice pet names there... and the airman's name makes me want to build a crab spider, try and color him all green and name him Lars Larkus.

• Like 1