Experienced (Self, +Partol XP)

image.png.3020d18bf7ca772d7dd9946c1b8e05f4.png Is this awarded on the anniversary?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Was never quite sure what that does, never looked into it...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I like to use them before 50, when I'm hitting a plateau.

The plateaus are a lot less steep these days, though.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 4/29/2024 at 12:30 PM, Apogee said:

I advise not using it until you hit 50.  It will help with earning those pesky Incarnate levels.

I dunno about you, but I find it much easier to gain levels at 50+, since you have all your powers and are probably better slotted than pre-50.  Of course a lot depends upon your specific AT & build, but that's my general experience...

• Like 1

I just never rush to level, so I guess I can ignore it then.  😃

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Experienced gives you 5 bars of patrol xp.  This basically lets you gain experience at 1.5x normal rate, and it stacks with the P2P experience buffs.  You cannot have more than ten bars of patrol xp, and the recharge rate of the power is ten minutes.  I've currently got something like 3k charges of this power from opening hero/winter packs, so I figure out why not use them?

They are useful both pre- and post-50 and make levelling extremely fast.  Post 50 it's going towards vet levels (and the accompanying emp merits every three levels.)

Who run Bartertown?

I tend to wait til 44/45 until hitting 50 to use em.  I also pre-plan as well to make characters I dont necessarily want to spend alot of time leveling on during this month and then waiting to level them during halloween or mapserve months for this too.

And yes it stacks charges from last year etc too.  I've some toons now with 10 charges hehe.

• Thumbs Up 1

I prefer unlocking Alpha, Destiny and Lore before slotting any incarnate abilities and then slotting L3 of each of those all at once to get the +3 benefits.  As such, I save my Experienced charges for 50+ levels to get the first five tiers unlocked quickly.  

9 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

You cannot have more than ten bars of patrol xp, and the recharge rate of the power is ten minutes.  

You can get by the 10 minute recharge rate by only taking/having one Experienced booster in your inventory.  Activate it, then grab another from your email, activate it.  No waiting.

• Like 1

Regardless of "why" you may use Experienced, it's most important to use it in a way that doesn't waste any of the benefits.  You can only have 10 bars of patrol xp so if you activate a charge while you have 8 bars, then 3 bars will be wasted.  I make sure to have 4 bars or fewer when activating a charge.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later

It's worth noting that they can be used in situations where the 2x XP freebie cannot.

They are also an absorber of debt.

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)