My screen

Posted (edited)

Maybe some people will find this useful.  I'm posting a typical screen of my toon.

Power trays 4 and 5 are elevated because when I cast my Mystic Flight power, it adds a tray that blocks out my regular trays.  This also works for Super Jump, etc.

Edit: Tray 6 is my "extra" tray for Badge Tracker, Emote mod, costumes and pets, etc.  And I *always* have the "Pet" tray open and out of the way.

helpful.jpg

Edited by Display Name
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

7 hours ago, Display Name said:

Maybe some people will find this useful.  I'm posting a typical screen of my toon.

Power trays 4 and 5 are elevated because when I cast my Mystic Flight power, it adds a tray that blocks out my regular trays.  This also works for Super Jump, etc.

Edit: Tray 6 is my "extra" tray for Badge Tracker, Emote mod, costumes and pets, etc.  And I *always* have the "Pet" tray open and out of the way.

helpful.jpg

You can talk to null the gull in pocket D to disable 90% popup trays including the one you mentioned.  Then just grab the power icon for that power and put it anywhere

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Moose 1
  • Microphone 1

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

You can talk to null the gull in pocket D to disable 90% popup trays including the one you mentioned.  Then just grab the power icon for that power and put it anywhere

Did not know that. Thanks, Snarky

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!

So...how do you know what your team/league are saying? I see no chat box. It looks like lower left, you can type something - but you won't know the response. 

This is mine - and I wouldn't encourage anyone to get used to having the map on the left, lol. I don't know why, but when I first started, I moved it there. And it is problematic because I'm always closing it to get a look at the team (when I'm teamed). Other than that, tray 4 has the incarnate stuff, the pop menu for badges, the SG chat button that goes direct to that channel, etc. If this were my main badger, it would be even more crowded. My screen is just 20 inches. I need to get a 48 inch flat screen tv to use, maybe then I'd have more room. image.thumb.png.e138066c66e2553508223442d0edab2a.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Display Name said:

Maybe some people will find this useful.

722249589_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_10.14-03_16_50_48.thumb.jpg.cd576b3c777701a84318d12a42272264.jpg

Why is that nav bar at the top? I am primarily going to be using that when I'm looking at the map.

Costume changes at the top, because I'm not going to use them all of the time. Same with /lfg speech macros and the Fast Travel menu. Out of the way so that they aren't distractions.

Why is the HP/command bar in the middle at the bottom over the target window? Because I'm going to be watching my recharges on powers a lot and it allows me to keep track of the enemies hps and my own hp/end without looking all over the screen.

When I'm running a mastermind, I have another tray open above tray 5 for the henchman spawn and related power-ups.

If you want to know why I set my 3-stack the way that I do, check this out:

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• Game Master
7 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

722249589_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_10.14-03_16_50_48.thumb.jpg.cd576b3c777701a84318d12a42272264.jpg

Why is that nav bar at the top? I am primarily going to be using that when I'm looking at the map.

Costume changes at the top, because I'm not going to use them all of the time. Same with /lfg speech macros and the Fast Travel menu. Out of the way so that they aren't distractions.

Why is the HP/command bar in the middle at the bottom over the target window? Because I'm going to be watching my recharges on powers a lot and it allows me to keep track of the enemies hps and my own hp/end without looking all over the screen.

When I'm running a mastermind, I have another tray open above tray 5 for the henchman spawn and related power-ups.

If you want to know why I set my 3-stack the way that I do, check this out:

I've tried having the bar with my health lower down but my screen is so big I still don't see it. For some reason my eyes tend to go right so having things I need to see on the right seems natural. As with all things, do what you feel comfortable with and what works for you. nobody else is going to jump on and complain 🙂 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

nobody else is going to jump on and complain 🙂

lol.

have  you ever read these forums?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

So...how do you know what your team/league are saying? I see no chat box. It looks like lower left, you can type something - but you won't know the response. 

It's an ideal layout for joining my badge runs, apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

So...how do you know what your team/league are saying? I see no chat box.

I always minimize my chat window when posting screenshots.  Just a preference.

• Like 1

@Super Whatsit

Posted (edited)

The first screen is T'rel's (my main, main), and the most "cluttered" of all my characters lol. Here's the bar breakdown...

#1-#2 = Most actively used powers.
#3 = Auto power & AoE one's I use with keybinds
#4-#5 = Miscellaneous powers that I actively use.
#6 All his active toggles.
#7 = Some less used emotes, costume(s), & temp powers.
#8 = Most used portal/TP powers.
#9 = Less used Portal/TP powers.

The second screen is Ms Yoga's, and is the general layout I most often use with all the rest of my characters. Here's the bar breakdown (as it is slightly different)...

#1-#2 = Again, the most actively used powers.
#3 = The most actively used Run/Travel & Auto powers.
#4-#5 = Most, if not all, active toggle powers plus two most used Emote Macro's.
#6 = The less used Emote Macro's & actively used Portal/TP powers.
#7 = Powers that are activated by keybinds that I need/want to keep an eye on (like Hasten).

Please note that I use a 32" TV as my monitor (so I have a larger area to see everything, and that the windows & bars are set to be a bit transparent so I can see threw them at most of the screen itself (like for keeping a subtle eye on teammates, enemies, and the environment and such). This main layout is always evolving though... 🙂

T'rel's Screen.jpg

Ms Yoga Screen.jpg

Edited by BjorJlen
  • Like 2

Please come and join us on Friday at 6pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (6pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

15 hours ago, Display Name said:

What size screen are you using, and how reduced do you make the UI elements?  Those both play a factor, and screenshots don't always communicate these.  Just from the screenshot, without reference, it looks like you're using something greater than 24", though reduce UI size might create the look as well.

@Ukase, what is that remarkable-looking power button at the bottom of tray 9 of your screenshot?  I can't recall seeing it anywhere before.

My screen: 24", slightly-reduced UI elements, featuring Dr. Nightlight.  Probably the most obviously different customization is that I use a boxy 4x3 format for trays 4 & 5.  I don't recall when or exactly why I went with this format, but I found for me personally, it keeps things to a tighter zone for my mouse cursor to work with, and I know for some reason I wasn't comfortable sticking the trays at full length under tray 1.  I also custom build a "LFG" tab for chat on each character, and generally stick to it, rather than Global.  Reducing the box to five chat channels reduces distractions and leave text in the box longer, usually.

2024_05_10_Underground_Nova.thumb.jpg.8fa2fdebc2a7ac35e8fd1a8fccfd51df.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's my layout, FWIW.  This is on a 24" monitor; the UI elements are fairly large because I have old person eyes.  It's a pretty basic layout—the only "major" change is putting the nav menu and map in the corner because it gets in the way too much in the top center.  

image.thumb.png.e878d9b5b6b81cbc590be4e8c047cf9c.png

• Like 3

My "Compact" UI

I like to have all the elements concentrated at the bottom of the screen to have the central and top part of the screen clear. Screen resolution : 2560 x 1600

ui compact.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Techwright said:

What size screen are you using, and how reduced do you make the UI elements?  Those both play a factor, and screenshots don't always communicate these.  Just from the screenshot, without reference, it looks like you're using something greater than 24", though reduce UI size might create the look as well.

I think my screen is 32"

• Like 2

@Super Whatsit

Some really cool screen setups!

Also, I noticed some of you don't have the timestamp on your chat.

Menu > Options > Windows (tab) > scroll down to Chat > Chat Timestamps (near the bottom of the list)

@Super Whatsit

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

This thread isn't so much giving me ideas (as I'm set in my UI ways) as it is making me jealous of your monitors...

Iknowight!

I'm working off a laptop, so only 17.5" of screen.

09cq2js.jpg

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 3

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 5/10/2024 at 7:30 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Iknowight!

I'm working off a laptop, so only 17.5" of screen.

09cq2js.jpg

Hey, no worries. Like I always tell my husband, it's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it. 

Ba-Dum-Tss! Men's T-Shirt

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/10/2024 at 12:46 PM, -Kobi- said:

My "Compact" UI

a9d0be4d-57cd-4a3c-8e3e-37862802a410_tex

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4