Any teaser what is being worked on?

I was told that HC is going to try to be more innovative. I was wondering if they can tell us if that is happening next update? I don't need details. I would like to know if something different/unique is going to be attempted.

I have not really enjoyed most of the content added by HC. Having a story arc that looks a lot like what we've had for decades isn't awesome. They've also been somewhat drawn out and really focused on story vs. gameplay - we need both.

Here's to hoping 🙂 

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

IF you can get on it. I tried to apply and got no response. 

I think right now apps are closed because there have been a number of leaks from folks(I think? Not sure) and until some stuff is cleared up with the rules it won’t be open.

But it will open back up! 

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

2 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

I think right now apps are closed because there have been a number of leaks from folks(I think? Not sure) and until some stuff is cleared up with the rules it won’t be open.

I tried to apply when they were testing changes to Giant Monsters. Don't worry about it. It could simply be that whoever runs the Discord doesn't think I would give any worthwhile feedback. So perhaps I wasn't considered because I'm not useful.

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Unfortunately there are people on the discord that I steer clear of. So, not an option.

Can't say the same people aren't on the forum portion of the testers, but that's where the patch notes, etc... get put

@Glacier Peak I just want to know when the new page/issue is going to the test server so we can all try it out. Any ETA?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 6/20/2024 at 1:16 PM, Seed22 said:

so they are working on stuff that is in beta.. or close to live beta.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, Troo said:

so they are working on stuff that is in beta.. or close to live beta.

It’ll be awhile before anything being worked on is close to open beta, but there is stuff being worked on yeah.

Obviously can’t talk about it but just thought I’d give a reason why getting into the beta would be difficult

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

• Game Master
On 6/17/2024 at 12:41 AM, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

I predict there will be stuff that people love, and things that people hate.  And that these stuff and things will be on open beta SoonTM.  

And finally, that when these things and stuff do get revealed that I will spend hours refocusing the focused feedback threads.  😔

I predict a riot!! 😛

Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot | Releases | Discogs

• Game Master

Well there's this thing I like, and that thing, and oooo there's that too!! I don't like that though, and that's not quite ready....

So there you go, that's all I know ff the top of my head 😛 

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

• Game Master
18 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

@Glacier Peak I just want to know when the new page/issue is going to the test server so we can all try it out. Any ETA?

Unlike commercial game companies with schedules we release when we are ready and not to a deadline. On the one hand it means we are pretty sure the worst bugs are fixed as we don't have an arbitrary deadline (looking at you Cyberpunk 2077), and on the other hand it means we don't have a set release date where we can drum up excitement for the big day.  We kind of go "well that's looking good, next Tuesday?" 😛 

• Like 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

On 6/22/2024 at 9:49 PM, GM Crumpet said:

Unlike commercial game companies with schedules we release when we are ready and not to a deadline. On the one hand it means we are pretty sure the worst bugs are fixed as we don't have an arbitrary deadline (looking at you Cyberpunk 2077), and on the other hand it means we don't have a set release date where we can drum up excitement for the big day.  We kind of go "well that's looking good, next Tuesday?" 😛 

Next tuesday confirmed.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/20/2024 at 5:45 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

I can't stress this enough.

If you're interested in what's being worked on and would like to have a good opportunity for input, then joining the Gold Standard Testers group is the best thing you can do. The group doesn't bite, it's friendly and filled with knowledgeable people that want the game to succeed.

There's no cost to people to join, and it's a pretty easy process that takes a couple days at most to get all the necessary permissions to actually test stuff out.

Joining the discord doesn't give Closed Beta access though. They've um, closed, Closed Beta access and are apparently "working on" how they will offer it again, but for now you're out of luck. The discord doesn't discuss closed beta stuff in open channels unless someone makes a mistake.

This talk of things people will hate and rioting doesnt help the community, especially due to the lack of transparency.   Its nonsense that a volunteer community run game has to even run testing in a closed and insular manner first, making a second "testing" open phase where feedback is not uncommonly derided; and then once live, making it implied that those that didnt participate in the testing have no right to criticism.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Lead Game Master

While I can't speak for the devs, I feel as though they wish to avoid "too many cooks in the kitchen", as it were. Especially when many of those "cooks" tend to be resistant to any change and won't even test them before posting about how much the game is ruined because of said changes. Volunteers shouldn't have to put up with that kind of bad-faith negativity, which is exactly why our beta process is structured the way that it is.

And trust me, the devs aren't infallable. They know that. They DO make mis-steps, and most of those get caught and fixed/redacted during the closed beta/experimental stage.

But sometimes when it seems like they aren't listening to feedback, it's because of other factors that they're not at liberty (or mynx, or infernal) to discuss. I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised with a feature of the next update, and how it fixes certain issues with both older and newer sets... assuming it goes live, which it may not, which is why things don't get discussed outside of the CB environment, we don't want to get any hopes up like I just did there.

Edited by GM Impervium
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

LIES!  Number Six is infallible.  Jimmy, however . . . so fallible.

But Flea, how will @Number Six know if you don't tag him.

And perhaps @Jimmy's only failing is being irritated by...Fleas.  😺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Especially when many of those "cooks" tend to be resistant to any change and won't even test them before posting about how much the game is ruined because of said changes. Volunteers shouldn't have to put up with that kind of bad-faith negativity, which is exactly why our beta process is structured the way that it is.

Quoted for truth! Patch note preachers are so frustrating when they flood feedback threads with non-testing diatribes. Like, telling the community you're quiting the game because of a proposed change - it's like going to a Wendy's to complain about the price of gasoline. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

hey look at that, straw man fallacies and hyperbole exist.

------- -- -------

@GM Impervium just fyi, it's hard not to read into your statement a little.

If a player feels existing popular power sets should remain or be treated with a light touch rather than face dramatic changes, beta testing might not be for them.

We, players, should accept our input may not be welcome. We also need to accept that we get what we get.

I will acknowledge that a small group of like minded people can fall prey to the echo chamber without some civil discourse or dissenting opinions. It happens.

• Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Lead Game Master
4 hours ago, Troo said:

hey look at that, straw man fallacies and hyperbole exist.

------- -- -------

@GM Impervium just fyi, it's hard not to read into your statement a little.

If a player feels existing popular power sets should remain or be treated with a light touch rather than face dramatic changes, beta testing might not be for them.

We, players, should accept our input may not be welcome. We also need to accept that we get what we get.

I will acknowledge that a small group of like minded people can fall prey to the echo chamber without some civil discourse or dissenting opinions. It happens.

When put like that, I acknowledge that my statement came on a little strong.

Being of the opinion that we shouldn't change things IS a valid one, and one the Devs should (and I believe do) keep in mind as they propose and enact changes. However, if "no" is the only idea someone brings to the table, especially when they don't test things out, it's not very helpful.

That said, we don't want "yes-men" either. If a change is actually bad, and can be proven so via numbers and actual play experience, that's valuable feedback and will cause devs to scrap an idea, or re-tool it until it becomes workable.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Microphone 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!