Aggravated

Gravitus

1 hour ago, Gravitus said:

Why do you consistently gloss over the fact that the null solution solves everyone's problems, whereas what you're suggesting only appeases one side? Accomodating laziness and/or forgetfulness isn't a defense full stop.

It's not accommodating laziness, it's about being sociable and courteous to others.  As many have pointed out here, not everyone knows about the Null option.  Did you let anyone know you will be using GF during the TF before you started?  Of course not.  Everyone has to accommodate you so you can see your bots with jet boots.  Why do you consistently gloss over the fact that your obliging of a simple request to turn off a power that adversely impacts others solves everyone's problem?  Narcissism isn't a defense. 

So, let me get this straight, you're willing to believe 90% of what I've typed except the part where it could sound like I had a good reason for my actions?

Your reason is "I like rocket boots!" or that your bots will die quicker.  So what?  Re-summon them.  None of that matters though.  The team leader felt it was disruptive and asked you to turn it off.  You didn't and they booted you. 

So why should your opinion be taken seriously then? lack of experience with GF and teaming which actually explains alot.

I don't care whether you take me seriously or not.  A person doesn't need thousands of hours of teaming experience to know that playing on a team is different than playing solo.  There's others to be considerate of, and a power like GF can have an adverse affect on others on a team. 

Context matters, when it hasn't been an issue for most of the TF, its dumb to complain about it later. I've already explained that in most cases even though I disagree with the notion, I would have turned it off at the beginning of the TF if asked, butr that ship had already sailed.

What difference does it make whether they asked you at the beginning of the TF or on the second mission or at the very end?  You're (again) admitting you can work without it.

You mean the needs of the guy holding the star.

That too.  They're the one who formed the team and are leading the TF.  It's their team, their rules.  If you don't like it, leave and form your own team.

Listening isn't your strong suit clearly... You'd rather be right

Says the narcissist who hasn't listened to any of the feedback, suggestions or criticisms offered by other players responding here.  You'd rather be told you're right.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

Yeah, unfortunately Null is not well-documented or advertised within the game. I think the only place he's mentioned is one of those loading screen tips that flash by for 0.5 seconds when you enter a mission.

And even if a player knows about Null, they might not realize why GF can be a problem, until they experience it. I know that was the case with me...I left the setting alone, thinking "What's wrong with flying?" until I got on a group where it was used, and then I was all "Holy cow this sucks, where's Null?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

I don’t understand how a player can not know about Null, if only because every player is going to be directed there for alignment changes.

I go there for what I need. I so rarely ever encounter GF to even be bothered to go get it fixed. I might encounter it once a quarter, but that's vastly because I solo a lot unless I do a TF. I rarely PuG. I know GF is annoying. It is why I am respectful of the players I team with. Odd how this thread wouldn't exists if the OP did the same.

• Thanks 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

3 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Not reading through 8 pages of this...

OP: The tools necessary for everyone to conform to my play style are in the game.

Also OP:  I was asked to conform to someone else's play style, call the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahmbulance.

Everyone else:  Woooooooo party!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Moose 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Gravius it's time to turn the page and if that's a bridge too far for you then there is a place in my pug group for you to stand for country, to stand for our democracy, to stand for our rule of law and to end the chaos and to end the approach that is about attacking the foundations of our democracy because you don't like the outcome and be clear on that point.  Gravius has said in his TF's that there will be a bloodbath if the outcome of his TF is not to his liking.

Let's turn the page on this.  Let's not go back.  Let's chart a course for the future and not go backwards to the past.  

Put a period on this Gravius and lock this thread.

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

So can Group Flight be turned off by itself, or are other powers impacted as well? I've no desire to turn off Team Teleport just to avoid Group Fly.

Yes.

25 minutes ago, Luminara said:

OP: The tools necessary for everyone to conform to my play style are in the game.

Also OP:  I was asked to conform to someone else's play style, call the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahmbulance.

Everyone else:  Woooooooo party!

Wambulance.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1
  • Banjo 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

8 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

So can Group Flight be turned off by itself, or are other powers impacted as well? I've no desire to turn off Team Teleport just to avoid Group Fly.

The options to turn off Group Fly, Speed Boost, and Team Teleport are individual.  You can do one, two, or all three.  You may want to turn off Team Teleport as well though, because that's about the actual power in the Teleport power pool, not Assemble the Team nor Incandescence Destiny.  The option in the options menu has no impact on the actual Team Teleport power.  Null the Gull is the only way to disable it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering his behavior here I would say they were 100% justified in kicking him, there is no way he didn't throw a tantrum like this when they asked him to turn it off. Null or not if the leader ask you to do something you do it or get the boot, regardless of if you think it's justified or not.

Seriously he has a GM in the first page flat out telling him the leader did nothing wrong and he is still going.

• Thumbs Up 11

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

GF is never a problem because it's far too rare.( i hate iceshields far more , xxxx those costumekillers)
If I'm leading a team (storyarcs only) and I invite someone who uses powers that are obviously counterproductive (firepatch with kb, tping enemies from tank, cc before the enemies are close together), i just get tired extremely quickly, too tired to explain that you need 10 times more fireballs when the enemies are scattered all over the walls, or stuck 1 mile away from each other.Never kicked anyone for those reasons.
And it's usually the last mission of the day for me.

The most important lesson for me in this thread: Communication 

So,
Thanks to all the unknown people out there,
the loud ones
the quiet ones
the big ones
the little ones 
the flying
and the running ones

Take care of yourselves and have fun!:classic_smile: 

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, arcane said:

I don’t understand how a player can not know about Null, if only because every player is going to be directed there for alignment changes.

You know some people don't change their characters alignments? And others only do it by playing the missions to do so?

The ONLY time I change a character's alignment is if I want a Patron power on a hero--which is not that common. It is also the only reason I've ever used Null.

L

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Starhawk32 said:

I lead a lot of half friend/half PuG TFs and I have been known to say things like "you don't get to come into our house and pee on the carpet, then tell us the rug was the wrong color".  But I have been told I get fussy sometimes.

i looked at the rug.  it needed more yellow.  just trying to help.

you should be grateful.  some folks have rugs that need brown....

• Haha 3
  • Finland 2
  • Moose 1

2 hours ago, arcane said:

I know about Null. I've never looked beyond alignment changes or finding out what AVs I still need to take down for the badge. I went and looked at what Null can do after seeing this thread, and I can say it changes things I know nothing about. +90% of the time I'm using Null for alignment change. I think I've used it to check the status of the AV badge twice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

57 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

You know some people don't change their characters alignments? And others only do it by playing the missions to do so?

The ONLY time I change a character's alignment is if I want a Patron power on a hero--which is not that common. It is also the only reason I've ever used Null.

L

I figured that a player was at least likely to want to either do a patron arc or want to do common redside content like LRSF. And I would hope that when they ask around about how to go vig or villain, helpful peers would send them to the bird, not alignment missions. Playing this game and never encountering Null sounds pretty wild in 2024.

• Thumbs Down 3

19 minutes ago, arcane said:

I figured that a player was at least likely to want to either do a patron arc or want to do common redside content like LRSF. And I would hope that when they ask around about how to go vig or villain, helpful peers would send them to the bird, not alignment missions. Playing this game and never encountering Null sounds pretty wild in 2024.

My uncle played on live for years and plays here on Homecoming. He plays old school, doesn't do inventions or sets and just uses SOs as the end all be all of enhancements. He would have clue zero about Null. It happens. I bet he's not the only one, especially with the influx of new players we get around here. Never assume, verify. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

50 minutes ago, arcane said:

If anything, there is content you only see in the alignment missions. There is a series of missions I played back on Live when I worked a character around the wheel of alignments I have never seen since. I have considered doing that again because the missions were so cool.

4 hours ago, arcane said:

I forget that Null even exists.   I rarely go to Pocket D, I don't switch alignments, and I have never been affected by Group Fly to even realize there is a mechanism to disable it.  Granted, all anecdotal but I doubt I am the only one.

Edit:  Sorry for the callout Arcane, I hadn't read your subsequent post.

Edited by Apogee
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

yes, it would be best if you had turned it off  as I have said 

But ....

I still smell a heaping pile of BS about the Leader getting complaints.

If you can't ask in team chat...then don't say anything.

Cases in point:

I was on a PUG TF recently where, as we rushed in ...BOOM, knockback

Due to the team mix, it was hard to tell who it was.

Finally, someone asked in chat, and a player fessed up to it, and said that they had not slotted KB-KD

He was asked to at least not lead with it and use it to knock foes back into the group 

Sure! 

On we went

One TF this weekend in my Sonic /Marine Affinity Corr.

I would leap in  ... only to have a teammate use Foldspace 

... fweppp...they were gone, and my Nuke did NADA

I asked who was doing it in Team Chat, and there were three who were using it 

Whelp ... I lose.

I have modified my playstyle.

• Thumbs Down 1

/e poofgone