Mission stealthing, who to recall first.

Botzoman

So I had a situation in a Synapse TF where I was a Stalker and was basically trying to fulfill the role of stealth to the end. Started recalling our Brutes 1st stating that was the plan( since they were our tanks). A corrupter who followed me to the end ( very nearly dying on the way anyway due their total lack of any stealth) uses their full team TP (without warning of such) after I had half the team to us anyway, which then TPs one of the Brutes into a nearby mob. Corruptor begins to accuse me of trying to tp everyone to their deaths ( which wasn't at all the case, one Brute stating "The first TP was fine, the 2nd is what grabbed us aggro). Get to the last mission, they send a tell saying " I have TP" after I had found the King and was about to start the recall process. I decide then to grab them first. They switch to local so the others never see the message, saying that I should have started at the top of the list, which was a Blaster.

Am I crazy in getting the Tanks first? I'd usually think one would want Tanks,Support, DPS in that order. I mean I'll admit my character wasn't great since I was a Energy Melee/Bio ( Bio is great btw, just not EM) so this was my "one thing" I was gonna try to bring to the table in this run. I had no intention of messing it up in any way.

Am I crazy in getting the Tanks first? I'd usually think one would want Tanks,Support, DPS in that order.

If there's any danger of aggroing something, this is what I'd do, too. Other than that, I'd start at the top or bottom of the team list just to conveniently keep track of who I've already TPed, but it really doesn't matter. This case just sounds like you had a teammate who takes this game far too seriously.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

So, priority:

Is it a hot 'port?

If yes, tanks first, followed by support, then DPS. (Even this isn't really set in stone though)

If no, does anyone else on the team have teleport?

If yes, other teleporters first, followed by whoever.

If no, teleport whoever the hell you feel like, and if someone bitches about the order you teleport in, don't teleport them. >.>

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

So, priority:

Is it a hot 'port?

If yes, tanks first, followed by support, then DPS. (Even this isn't really set in stone though)

If no, does anyone else on the team have teleport?

If yes, other teleporters first, followed by whoever.

If no, teleport whoever the hell you feel like, and if someone bitches about the order you teleport in, don't teleport them. >.>

This.  I'd also put that player on ignore or something.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Last Thursday, I was in a Manticore (with a Corruptor) that was moments from server maintenance, so I turned on my stealth and ran to Hopkins. I jumped behind a crate where a Paragon Protector defeated me, however, I had a single self-Rez temp charge, so I punched it and got back into the game. I Teleported in an Invul Sentinel (our Tanker was fighting in spawns), pulled in the Dark Corruptor whole the Sentinel took aggro and once the Dark Debuffs were up, ported in the rest of the team. We finished with roughly 30-seconds to spare (After seeing the durability of that Sentinel, I promptly hopped on my Water/WP Sentinel for most of the day ;D).

Sometimes you get fun teammates, sometimes you get some that aren’t. Your experience sounds like you’ve definitely found a candidate for the Ignore list.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Should of ignored that C and not recalled him at all. By the time you were at the King you should of had a good feel for the most survivable team mates and grabbed them as you saw fit.

Then again I just duoed that on a stalker with a brute a week ago, envenomed daggers make short manning tfs so easy. though we both were also psi melee and clocks dont like psi much.

On the subject of risk when recalling Id of looked for a safe as possible loc, even if it meant we would have to clear an extra group or two before the king to avoid needless risk.

Hell Id likely of bought everyone stealth IOs if I liked them enough now days. Slap that into sprint and boom everyone is partly stealthed really reducing risk of grabbing aggro on arrival.

Over all Id of put that C on ignore after his first bit of bitching. Dont need to hear anything he has to say. Do your job and do it to the best of your ability and the good team mates will see that.

I generally tp anyone who also recall friend or assemble the team first. After that, in it's in order of maturity. Leeroy Jenkins is always last. If he aggros the bad guys while everyone else is being 'ported we can always port his corpse and use it for vengeance bait.

#ireallyamthatcold

Who to Recall first?

The other guy(s) with Recall Friend, obviously.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Also, Options - Prompt to teleport - On.

I also agree with putting the tool that kept ignoring instructions on ignore.

Would you put someone on a pickup group on ignore before the team is disbanded?  I’d be too afraid that I would miss some critical conversation to the missions success or miss the advanced warning that said idiot is going to do something.

If it was truly unbearable I would kick the person, or ask the leader in a tell, “this is getting unbearable for me - either the idiot goes or I go”.  Still no resolution?  I’d leave.

After the team, of course put the player on ignore...

Maybe that was all assumed in this conversation, but I am curious if I am missing something.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I can usually put up with stupid people enough to finish a TF.  You have to be a serious jerk for me to want to see you kicked before the end of a TF, and generally you have to be a real jerk to kick someone from a TF before it ends.

As to the original question, I agree:  teleport anyone who can port others, then teleport whoever you want in whatever order you want.  There's no rules you have to follow.

Generally I don't go so far as to put people on ignore, but I will 1-star them with a note as to why they're a jerk/idiot/need to be avoided.  Even if I team with them again, at least I have an amusing note to read, and I don't forget when they were stupid.  ^_^

So I had a situation in a Synapse TF where I was a Stalker and was basically trying to fulfill the role of stealth to the end. Started recalling our Brutes 1st stating that was the plan( since they were our tanks). A corrupter who followed me to the end ( very nearly dying on the way anyway due their total lack of any stealth) uses their full team TP (without warning of such) after I had half the team to us anyway, which then TPs one of the Brutes into a nearby mob. Corruptor begins to accuse me of trying to tp everyone to their deaths ( which wasn't at all the case, one Brute stating "The first TP was fine, the 2nd is what grabbed us aggro). Get to the last mission, they send a tell saying " I have TP" after I had found the King and was about to start the recall process. I decide then to grab them first. They switch to local so the others never see the message, saying that I should have started at the top of the list, which was a Blaster.

Am I crazy in getting the Tanks first? I'd usually think one would want Tanks,Support, DPS in that order. I mean I'll admit my character wasn't great since I was a Energy Melee/Bio ( Bio is great btw, just not EM) so this was my "one thing" I was gonna try to bring to the table in this run. I had no intention of messing it up in any way.

Anyone running team stealth (Dark/Storm/Cold)

Cocoon: Forcefield/Rad/Def: Indomitable

Would you put someone on a pickup group on ignore before the team is disbanded?  I’d be too afraid that I would miss some critical conversation to the missions success or miss the advanced warning that said idiot is going to do something.

If it was truly unbearable I would kick the person, or ask the leader in a tell, “this is getting unbearable for me - either the idiot goes or I go”.  Still no resolution?  I’d leave.

Maybe that was all assumed in this conversation, but I am curious if I am missing something.

I don't PUG that much, but the ignore would come at the end, not during. For me anyway.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I don't PUG that much, but the ignore would come at the end, not during. For me anyway.

Oh yeah, no point doing it during the mission, that's just asking for trouble.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝