Ideon

Ice/Ice stalker build

Posted (edited)

Decided to try an ice/ice stalker because I've never tried either powerset and both are apparently pretty good on stalkers, so put the two together.  Here's a build I plotted out, with some IOs being boostered.  Any suggestions?  Build is softcapped to s/l/e/n, hasten is two seconds off perma.

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

25th Iceblink 2019: Level 50 Technology Stalker
Primary Power Set: Ice Melee
Secondary Power Set: Ice Armor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Sword -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Acc/Rchg(21), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Hct-Dam%(23)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(3), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-Rchg+(5), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27)
Level 2: Frost -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(27), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 4: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Rchg+(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 6: Assassin's Ice Sword -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(11)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(13), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 10: Wet Ice -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Placate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 16: Chilling Embrace -- EndRdx-I(A), Slow-I(19)
Level 18: Ice Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Permafrost -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(25)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37)
Level 26: Freezing Touch -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(45), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), GldStr-Dam/Rech(45), GldStr-Acc/Dmg(46)
Level 28: Glacial Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Def(29), LucoftheG-Rchg+(33)
Level 30: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 32: Frozen Aura -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(34), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34)
Level 35: Energy Absorption -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), PrfShf-End%(48), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(48), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 38: Zapp -- SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(42), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(43)
Level 41: Icy Bastion -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(21)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(17)
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

Edited by Ideon

One quick fix would be taking the end reduction out of chilling embrace and putting the 6th superior winter's bite in for another 5% f/c defense. That's about all I can see immediately and I'm not familiar enough with ice melee to really dig in.

Having played an Ice/Ice Tanker ... if you're not slotting Frost for Range enhancement, so as to do the 15 ft high Hop 'n' Pop to turn Frost into a PBAoE-ish attack on everything clustered up around you, rather than simply using it for a pie slice to one side of you ... let's just say you're missing out on a lot of AoE debuffing and damage dealing potential that could keep you alive.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Ugh, problem is frost is slotted with ATO set, haha.  Hrm, so put the ATO into ice sword, change hecatomb for ragnarok instead to put into frost, have chilling embrace just have one slot and make it a end/slow/rech enhancement since there's no end/slow IO or end/mez HO, and booster that to 5, and with the slot, put it into frost and have a boostered range IO.  And now since hecatomb is free, I can put two pieces of that into freezing touch to bump up the damage even more.  😄

Do you really need end reduction on a regular priced aura on an IO'd build, especially one with softcapped nrg defense, energy absorption slotted for end mod and recovery all over the place? Just put the slow in there. Even if you exclusively fight carnies i think you'll be ok.

How good is ice armor? I'm between this and shield I think. Is it def or resist based? And do you notice any issues with fire/Psy? 

I'm glad you posted this as I have a lvl 20 Ice/Ice that is really enjoyable.  

On 8/15/2019 at 10:00 PM, graeberguinn said:

How good is ice armor? I'm between this and shield I think. Is it def or resist based? And do you notice any issues with fire/Psy? 

I love ice armor.. for stalkers and scrappers. It gives you a good mix defense, resistance, +hp/heal, recovery and regen. Mixed sets like this are just ok on SOs but respond reaaally well to IO builds. Its t9, icy bastion, is the reason to like it on scrappers and stalkers more than tanks and brutes because the latter two get Hibernate instead. Hibernate is awesome, but you can get it from a patron pool for scrap/stalk.

I do use shield on occasion, depending on the build (mostly if you need more aoe damage), but ice is my go-to.