Empathy/Sonic/Soul - The Endgame Friendly Empath

Auroxis

So you wanna be a healer an Empath. Many would tell you that Empathy isn't needed anymore, that heals are bad, debuffs are king, and that Empaths are squishy.

Well I'm here to set the record straight.

#1 - An Empath isn't a Healer

Empathy has some of the strongest buffs in the game:

Empathy_Fortitude.png Fortitude

Fortitude can be active on up to 7 teammates at once, and when used with Power Boost (from Soul Mastery) can softcap up to 4 teammates by itself. 5 if you pick Clarion Radial. It also increases Damage and To-Hit. When you see Fortitude available, find someone that doesn't have it on and cast it. When you see it almost about to recharge, find someone that doesn't have it on and get ready to cast it. This is Empathy's most pivotal power and utilizing it well is the key to playing Empathy optimally.

Empathy_RecoveryAura.png Recovery Aura

Our first RA power is an excellent tool for teammates who aren't fully optimized yet (most people aren't) and to make your build easily endurance stable. On a high recharge build this has a 3/4 uptime.

Empathy_RegenerationAura.png Regeneration Aura 

This lets Regen do the work so we don't have to spend time healing those slight dips, thus giving us more time to Blast and debuff with Sonic. It's also very helpful in encounters where enemy AoE's bypass defenses. On a high recharge build this has a 3/4 uptime.

Empathy_MindWall.png Clear Mind 

While it's situational, CM can be very helpful in some scenarios (squishies getting aggro from CC'ers, the final fight in the ITF, and more). 

Empathy AdrenalinBoost.png Adrenalin Boost 

This multi-purpose buff can be used in the following ways: Letting your teammate nuke more often, keeping an ally endurance stable (if he was out of range of your RA), and keeping a tank alive in difficult encounters.

#2 - Heals and Rez are still useful

Empathy_HealingAura.png Empathy_HealOther.png Empathy_Resurrect.png

Sometimes squishies get themselves in over their heads, sometimes the tank is not well built, sometimes boss mechanics bypass defenses.

Heals are great for what I like to call Crisis Management. When defenses fail, when human error takes center stage, Empathy shines by having some of the strongest Crisis Management tools in its heals and a rez. Teammate ran off and is starting to die? Super Speed+Stealth to his location and Power Boost+Heal Other+Fortitude him, then super speed back to the main squad. Marauder getting ready to slam your team in Lambda? Prepare with Power Boost and immediately Healing Aura after the strike.

Someone went down? Power Boost, Vengeance, Resurrect, and Fortitude. Now everyone's safe and sound.

#3 - No debuffs? Sonic Attack to the rescue!

Sonic Attack is the perfect pairing with Empathy. The biggest hole in Empathy's arsenal is the inability to debuff hard targets like AV's. No -res or -regen. Sonic Attack has a ton of -res, so much that -regen becomes less of a necessity.

SonicBlast_Quick.png Shriek

This is our "must-pick" tier 1 attack and is one we'll be using very often in our attack chain.

SonicBlast_Medium.png Scream

One of the two optional blast picks for Sonic, the other being Shout. I like Scream over Shout because it doesn't root you into place as much (giving you more time to react) and applies its damage+debuff instantly instead of at the end of the animation.

SonicBlast_Stun.png Screech

Screech is a long duration -res debuff power disguised as a CC. It can be used as a CC, in fact you do want to use it against problematic targets (surgeons and sappers) but to get the most use out of it you want it in your attack chain against hard targets.

SonicBlast_Cone.png Howl

Spamming Howl is a nice way to spend your time when you're not buffing, if your team is a bit slow on the AoE front you can help them get there faster by debuffing the mobs. In most cases you'll want to only cast this once and then start focusing on the bosses.

SonicBlast_MassiveDamage.png Dreadful Wail

Well now nukes are crashless. So that's nice. Dreadful Wail deals decent damage by itself, but its -res debuff lasts a very long time and the power can accept a -res proc as well (which, thanks to its cooldown will have a very high chance to proc). So you wanna use this whenever possible, whether it be on an AV as an opener or on a pack to help your teammates or Judgement melt it down. Oh it also stuns, so after you nuke, rest assured you won't start getting hit by everything.

Attack Chains

Hard Targets: Screech>Scream>Shriek>Scream

Soft targets: Scream>Shriek

#4 - Empaths aren't squishy

Regeneration Aura, a self heal, and a high uptime on Power Boost means we have pretty good survivability, and my build also has ranged defense softcapped most of the time. Combined with Hover (which gets higher speed with Power Boost) and hardcapped S/L resists we can tank most encounters. Add in Clarion to give you extra +Special and CC protection, and Support Hybrid for a bit of extra defense and to give more support to our lore pets in an AV's damage phase.

Arachnos_Patron_PowerBoost.png Power Boost is incredible as it gives us better heals, better defenses, better CC, better Fortitude, and better Hover Speed.

With that out of the way, let's showcase our build:

ZejQOhv.jpg

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Auroxis: Level 50 Science Defender
Primary Power Set: Empathy
Secondary Power Set: Sonic Attack
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Healing Aura -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(3), Prv-Heal/Rchg(3), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(5), Prv-Heal(7)
Level 1: Shriek -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(19)
Level 2: Heal Other -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(19), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(21), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(23)
Level 4: Scream -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg(17), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(29), GldJvl-Dam%(29)
Level 6: Resurrect -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Clear Mind -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Fortitude -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(13), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(13), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(15), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 14: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(25), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-EndRdx(37)
Level 18: Recovery Aura -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 20: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Howl -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), VglAss-Acc/Dmg(34), VglAss-Dmg/Rchg(34), VglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 26: Regeneration Aura -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(27), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(31), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(37), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(43), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 28: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(31), BlsoftheZ-Travel(31), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Adrenalin Boost -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(40), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(42)
Level 35: Screech -- AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(36), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(37), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(40), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 38: Dreadful Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(42), GldArm-RechRes(43), GldArm-RechEnd(46), GldArm-End/Res(46), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(48)
Level 44: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50), ShlWal-Def(50), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
------------

Edited by Auroxis
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm always happy to have an Empath on the team. Especially one who's generous with Fortitude. I usually play Brute/Tanker and having Fortitude means I can pretty much ignore my own safety while managing crowd control. RAs and AB make performance a non-issue, and CM covers that rare but critically annoying Confuse mez. As far as I'm concerned, Empathy can be a major catalyst for team performance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Great guide @Auroxisthanks for writing this up.  @Rylason behalf of all empaths on all shards for all of time I say thank you.  

My first 50 was an Emp and honestly from running a healing service in the hollows to spending some seriously quality 1AT coalition SG time with the Supernatural Health Service (SNHS) and our coalition brothers and sisters I can honestly say it was the most fun I have had in this game to date and is something I am in the midst of repeating and you know what.  It’s still enjoyable and that’s what this is all about 

• Like 3

Something I found that helps with bestowing buffs is using:

/optionset buffsettings 1184529

This removes autos and toggles from the status window allowing to only see clickies. It makes seeing who has or has not buffs much easier.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

• 1 month later

It's really great to see someone with the passion for this game taking the time to help others understand the intricacies a bit better.

This is a well-written article and I learned a lot from reading it. 

I was happy to see this posted in our Sovereign Discord. Thank you for that!

Very clear and concise. I hope to see more work from you, Auroxis.

-Bro {Vulkin/Nitrofix}

Edited by Sunshot
  • Thanks 1

I'm aimed a bit more at control at the expense of maximized buffs via Power Boost.  Otherwise, everything in here pretty much matches my experience.  Nice guide!

I went Emp/Sonic/Dark so that I could run Oppressive Gloom to stack with Screech.  Also took the cone sleep power, just for ambushes and such. 

• 3 months later

This is an awesome guide. I'm a tank by trade but we all want a little variety right? I plan to build this out and try my hand at this.

• Like 1

Chazcon says, "FOR THE VITAE!"

Ru says, "CHAZ!"

Simply Red says, "I am SO not recovering your body."

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later
On 8/18/2019 at 1:42 AM, Sovera said:

Something I found that helps with bestowing buffs is using:

/optionset buffsettings 1184529

This removes autos and toggles from the status window allowing to only see clickies. It makes seeing who has or has not buffs much easier.

How do you turn this off, go back to showing the buffs?

5 hours ago, Semler said:

How do you turn this off, go back to showing the buffs?

On 3/25/2020 at 3:50 PM, Doc Ranger said:

How do you remove that buffset macro?

Go to options, windows, and change Hide Auto Powers. Then click Apply.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later
On 8/15/2019 at 6:05 AM, Auroxis said:

Fortitude can be active on up to 7 teammates at once, and when used with Power Boost (from Soul Mastery) can softcap up to 4 teammates by itself. 5 if you pick Clarion Radial. It also increases Damage and To-Hit. When you see Fortitude available, find someone that doesn't have it on and cast it. When you see it almost about to recharge, find someone that doesn't have it on and get ready to cast it. This is Empathy's most pivotal power and utilizing it well is the key to playing Empathy optimally.

While it's situational, CM can be very helpful in some scenarios (squishies getting aggro from CC'ers, the final fight in the ITF, and more). 

A lot more can be said about these two powers and these are the two powers I find most emps use poorly, or not at all.

I see a lot of emps trying to be "fair" and spread it to people that have not gotten it the last round. If the philosophy of an emp is to keep the team safe and running efficiently forget about being fair, give it to the teammates that need it the most. That softcapped scrapper with a billion inf build derping at the corner admiring his epeen and barely taking any damage - they don't need fortitude. The no set bonus blaster/tanker that's struggling to stay alive every time they look at something, those are the one most deserving of fort. When survival is a non-issue then you can be fair.

This is the most underused/misused power in the Emp arsenal. This power alone is what elevates an average empathy player to a superb empathy player and deserves more discussion:

Have you ever played a squishy with no mez protection and you are about to do something awesome like nuke a spawn or debuff a whole spawn into harmless kittens and all of a sudden you are mezzed... no nuke, no debuff, you are a sitting duck and bam your health is dipping into the red and you are scrambling to use a BreakFree and out the corner of your eye you spot the team window and the emp has clear mind on the tank.... How many times has the empathy player themselves been mezzed and do they apply that experience to think about how fellow team members that play squishies feel when they are mezzed and adjust their playstyle? More often than not no, these emps just keep CMing the tank...

CM give protection to mez effects and it also cures blind. This is THE MOST IMPORTANT buff you can give to squishies with no mez protection. All the fortitude, RAs and ABs in the world DOES NOT MATTER when a squishy is mezzed and can't do anything.

Against Arachnos and other mobs that blind CM should be applied to everyone. It's also effective against enemies that confuse, fortunately not too many factions do that.

Proactive application of CM is what separates an average emp from a superb emp. You may find it daunting to cycle this into your combat rotation, here is how you can fit it in. When you enter a mission CM the teammates that need it (blasters, defenders, trollers, corruptors, anyone without mez protection, basically anyone who's not a tank/scrapper/brute/stalker/sentinel), and then start your CM/buff rotation towards the end of each fight during the clean up phase, you can still get your attacks in and contribute during the fight but your teammates will be ready to go for the next engagement and you don't have to worry about CMing them during the fight (unless the fight is really long). This method also works with other buff sets such as FF/sonic/kin etc...

Use CM proactively, squishies will thank you and you will make the team more efficient. Be a great Empath!

Edited by Nemu
  • Thanks 3

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

I completely agree with the above post.  And doubly so about Clear Mind.  When at the door with a new team I'll buff as many as possible and more according to 'expectations' and what I can quickly observe about teammates (power sets, level, set bonuses if any etc.).  After that it gets much dependent on who gets colorful, what foes we're up against, who seems to draw aggro, etc..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

I re-imagined @Auroxis original build. Full disclosure I am new to doing this and this is my first defender build. Some things are in weird places, for some reason Mids doesn't allow anywhere placement of enhancement slots. If you know a fix for that I would be delighted if you shared it. Let me know what you guys think, I'm looking forward to your feedback. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Auroxis: Level 50 Science Defender
Primary Power Set: Empathy
Secondary Power Set: Sonic Attack
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Healing Aura -- Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(3), Prv-Absorb%(3), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(5), Pnc-Heal/+End(5)
Level 1: Shriek -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(19)
Level 2: Heal Other -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(19), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(21), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(23)
Level 4: Scream -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg(17), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(29), GldJvl-Dam%(29)
Level 6: Resurrect -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Clear Mind -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Fortitude -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 14: Shockwave -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 16: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(17), BlsoftheZ-Travel(25), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(31), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(46)
Level 18: Recovery Aura -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 20: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Ags-Psi/Status(48), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50), ImpSki-Status(50)
Level 24: Howl -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(45)
Level 26: Regeneration Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(27), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(31), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(25)
Level 32: Adrenalin Boost -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(33), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(40), PrfShf-EndMod(42), PwrTrns-+Heal(43)
Level 35: Screech -- AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(36), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(37), Dcm-Build%(40)
Level 38: Dreadful Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-Max HP%(48)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(31), RgnTss-Regen+(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(7), EndMod-I(15)
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1601;745;1490;HEX;|
|78DA65944D53526114C79F0B1709101501F10514155391B72BBAE8D531356712CC7|
|2A6550E5DE1AA4C060C2F33BA6CD11770D3A64FD0A245AF1FA06FA1B5B04D4D65B5|
|A8A65674B8FF13DC199E81F93DF77FCE79CE790EE7923E58EE7CB6FA7041485D4BF|
|B6AA59259D676B4424E2B5B37B379AD90D5042DEB62AD5C3CC857ACB4F7FE77C85C|
|ABEDECC4561E94D4EADEA1BFA9DE560BBB5A2EB6592CE4B399C56A55CDDE17F68D6|
|2713FB659D2B49C43DF5EDFCFEFEE55BBF57D4A5329AEB2972F39616B98F285DD81|
|95523E1B5B2A96CBB552B558CEA46B99B45AA96AE5C37E2A2349DFBB26C1AB2E8BC|
|F6621145998BE30CF40D9CF1C058F5B3116F11C5AC70BF0DC4BE62BD0FE1AEC7D03|
|6E51AC24219F1464DB08E8196606C03ECE7B423166CE67564C383701F6C41BB489C|
|118E88F322388CDD0A305B1C2322374DB3DD2ACAC59754D166324D85097B0B19F4A|
|7E0EF8991D2E49F7EBF4321D6097137C4FBE4EC49B9C1F913B740A2A8F50AB8D727|
|4F3DDBB3D88EBE1F3FA8FE1337C0246DF81DB04176A905C5C571FD344E7B9F91EEE|
|3A2D6126C58B0C166F022747A68993B28827F11C9F07151F31400C808D843EEEB22|
|F21EB3E41051C9D6526997360641ECC52EC00776AE0136E3DC853349C42BE501A74|
|508D435CF510DFD2455A00754B01EE4C3F7726472E235CD7089F19FCCAE43327D7C|
|1E9239C17FE8DBA4EE9718C63C7D2B08DAF3153CC753074139C7C22F47E7DA0C709|
|8E9DB802DBF9CBCC4BCC8B1C7301531759405D55C214FF0E530AB4E959E61F30FC1|
|38CFE02E37FF92DA35ECC702F66B81751EE452FD9623CA5B1514CAE87B404F733C1|
|7E7EB9F986D2A73119E13625D1A6286D4AB24D99332A36DC3E65D4A2A86ABDA1A1D|
|2FA86CC5BB24BFA29B69EE61B5D3FB337FF1184348EC9FEDED24CD21DDC69F806E6|
|387C15F3FACD183785AC3F8C7147F84D3A1EA3CAAE207C54BB5EA79E7BDBB0DF30E|
|CB70CFB8887C2F8266F699814D6F5F5D4DD12567DADFDE7502B682DDC6C8F61DD72|
|B73CFE01B50F04DD|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Can't get in game or Mids' but try Dynamic mode (iirc) to place slots more freely, independent of level.

My own build priorities are for recharge, then more recharge and then some more.  Mitigation is a combination of keeping Regen Aura to minimal cooldown (+regeneration), teammates, inspires and damage resistance.   I didn't worry about defense at all unless it was intended to be a solo oriented build.  These days I might try a little less recharge in exchange for some defense on a team build particularly when/if running on small teams (<5).

HO, HA - So I'd be using Preventative Medicine 6 slotted in either HO or HA then using either Panacea or Doctored Wounds in the other 5 slotted.

Resurrect - usually skipped but if not I'd go with an Endred.  It's not a cheap power for end usage and if only one teammates down the Vigilance buff isn't going to help much and invariably it'll seem like RA just wore off.  If more than one is down ... well the team is not likely to wait for Rez to recharge (they'll make wakies, use temp powers, self rez powers etc). I'd generally save it for some one critical.

Clear Mind - *shrug* base slot whatever.  See above posts about use though.

Fortitude - anywhere from 3 to 6 slots wide variety of options of IOs or HOs.  3 Membranes and a LotG recharge global gives a lot for the slots.

Recovery Aura - 2 rech boosted or 3 slotted > rech, endmod/rech x2.  I generally try to keep the recharge of this and Regen Aura within a few seconds of each other but that's a QoL thing.  When ones recharged so is the other, position and fire them off together.  No keeping track of both of them.

RegenAura - 5 slot Panacea or Doctored Wounds.

Adrenaline Boost - generally 5 slot Panacea or Doctored Wounds.  I'll usually still add a 6th slot for Endmod/recharge but with crashless Nukes being a thing it really isn't needed the base +recovery should more than do 99.99% of the time.

I'd love to see Assault earlier in the build particularly on Sonic Blast ... Assault is solid but with Sonic Blast you're effectively giving everyone even more +damage owing to the to the -resistance of your blasts.

25 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Can't get in game or Mids' but try Dynamic mode (iirc) to place slots more freely, independent of level.

Nah, but you can do it in the weird and inorganic way...

Step 1: Place as many slots into power as you can

Step 2: Place a slot into an inherent, like Hurdle

Step 3: Click and drag the slot you placed in Hurdle to a slot on the power (or a higher level slot) that you want it to be at (as in, drag and drop into that enhancement slot). This will Grey that slot out -- but it still works, it's just greyed out. 

Step 4: Shift click remove the enhancement slot rom Hurdle - you now have a "level=to higher level slot you greyed out" slot that you can place in any power -including level 49 powers to 5+ enhance.

Step 5: Repeat

Edited by seresibyl3
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later
On 6/17/2021 at 2:51 PM, Redheadrocket said:

Would these builds be good for hami tank healing and buffing?

Yes.  I'm still unable to open or look at builds in Mids but Auroxis' build should be quite capable.  High recharge, perma-Hasten, perma-Adrenaline Boost, minimal cooldown on Auras (in particular Regeneration Aura) is where you want to be.

On 6/18/2021 at 8:49 PM, Doomguide2005 said:

Yes.  I'm still unable to open or look at builds in Mids but Auroxis' build should be quite capable.  High recharge, perma-Hasten, perma-Adrenaline Boost, minimal cooldown on Auras (in particular Regeneration Aura) is where you want to be.

can not open his build :(( anyone know if there is a data chunk available?