Pylon Damage Thread

Project_X

So, I got on Test and did a thing.

Scrapper     SM/BIO/Zapp     1:36

SS-HM-Snipe-SF

Not sure if this was ideal but it felt pretty good.

Tried a different chain. Replaced Stone Fist with Stone Mallet.

1:26

Noticeable difference. This set is chonky.

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Scrapper     SM/RAD/Snipe     2:05

I definitely did way more than 10 runs on this one getting the chain more precise. Changed my chain up a little. SM-HM-Snipe-SM

There is a slighhhttt gap that way, but it works out noticeably better with build-up and ATO2.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Well, this toon has 8 hours of amps right now, so not really an appropriate measure, but, with the amps, Seismic/Earth clocked in under 2:00. I imagine it would fall in line with some of my other blasters in the 2:00-2:30 range without them.

Run 1 - 1:45

Run 2 - 1:53

Run 3 - 1:52

Chain is Entomb -> Tombstone -> Heavy Mallet -> Seismic Smash, playing with tossing Upthrust in there periodically for its multiple -res procs, but not sure how much those are helping at only a ~30% proc rate.

Edited by arcane

• 4 weeks later

I was re-reading the old pages and came across a quote 'okay, we get it, Bio is great, now test something else' and I have to say it's spot on.

I would like to see a bit more of the rare tests where people run their actual builds (assuming people don't just run Bio all the time) to get a bit better grasp of what's around.

Reading and looking through the spreadsheet is basically:

- Average 3 minutes. Add Bioarmor and it shaves 30-40 seconds. Add a snipe and it shaves 30 seconds. Make it EM and it brute forces to 1:30 or less. Any thing else relies on -res procs to get the same times. Also, every -res proc can shave 15-30 seconds.

I went to test Rad/EA. I did Rad/Bio in the past and got 1:45. First thing I noticed is that it's so hungry that Recovery Serum was unable to keep up, which is a first for me. I had to spam Energize. Second thing I noticed is that between crits and the -res procs I was taking chunks out of the pylon. Third thing I noticed is that despite taking chunks it was still a pretty poor 3:40 time.

Uh. Wait, I'm a moron, I forgot about incarnates!

Okay, slot everything. Test again.

3:37. LOOOOOOOOOL!

2:54

Safe to say Bio shaved like a minute between -res and +damage.

Started over with the reigning champ, Energy Melee Scrapper and then paired with Energy Aura.

...this time I made sure to be with incarnates slotted in.

2:40

2:51

Considering it is raw power only not bad, but of course not 1:20 minutes since not Bio.

Basically this does seem to put things in perspective. Bio shaves one minute off, snipes/gloom shaves another 30 seconds. -res stacking same.

New players watching this may think their build is not all that great when in truth if they aren't running Bio they aren't even in the same league. Basically it's like weight categories where Bio does not mingle and then everyone else can see where they fit in amongst themselves.

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

Started over with the reigning champ, Energy Melee Scrapper and then paired with Energy Aura.

Considering it is raw power only not bad, but of course not 1:20 minutes since not Bio.

Basically this does seem to put things in perspective. Bio shaves one minute off, snipes/gloom shaves another 30 seconds. -res stacking same.

New players watching this may think their build is not all that great when in truth if they aren't running Bio they aren't even in the same league. Basically it's like weight categories where Bio does not mingle and then everyone else can see where they fit in amongst themselves.

I would suspect, /stone, /shield (with saturated aao), /invuln (with gaussains in invincibility saturated) May get close to /bio. I would say a defense based armor with no damage aura is a tougher comparison.

34 minutes ago, Enots said:

I would suspect, /stone, /shield (with saturated aao), /invuln (with gaussains in invincibility saturated) May get close to /bio. I would say a defense based armor with no damage aura is a tougher comparison.

Yeah, I’m interested in seeing how some /Stone builds play out.

32 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

Yeah, I’m interested in seeing how some /Stone builds play out.

My one test on beta with a claws/stone scrap put it smack in between my claws/bio and claws/sr scraps for pylon times. It's probably why I haven't PLed my live dark/stone scrapper. Kinda diggin the ride.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Sovera said:

I tested out my EM Stalker a little while back just to see where EM stood.  The secondary is Invuln which gives me tons of survivability to stand there and dish out that damage. 

I switched to my dps build with less built in defenses/resists and more damage output with things like Adrenal Booster and where I'd normally slot more dmg procs in the attacks that make sense to do so instead of chasing bonuses.  Without the ATO BU proc over activating too many times I was getting sub 2mins, between 1:50 and 2:00.  

I can see a more offensive secondary like Bio shaving off 30-40s for sure.  

4 hours ago, Enots said:

So I'll give you the caveat to Sovera's general statement (which is not inaccurate, just generalized): I have a claws/ice and a claws/bio on test that do almost exactly the same damage. This is because the ice hits softcap and can then load up on damage procs. For the bio, I have procs but just a few less so that I can get to 40% def (less than the ice, but enough that Barrier compensates). Now you could forego the softcap and focus just damage and the bio will for sure pull ahead, but that's very artificial because there's no way I'm playing that in reality.

Similarly, StrikerFox recently posted how his db/Sr stalker was able to get so high in the rankings because he hit the softcap quickly, gets the free +rech from Sr and then just loads up on more +dam than other sets can.

Last caveat to a, again, generally accurate statement: snipes contribute less to claws than to other sets, because claws already has a place for the purple range proc and decimation build up proc.

6 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

My one test on beta with a claws/stone scrap put it smack in between my claws/bio and claws/sr scraps for pylon times. It's probably why I haven't PLed my live dark/stone scrapper. Kinda diggin the ride.

Seems like it could be a nice middle ground for all content. During the ride, do you feel it has much more survivability than Bio?

10 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Seems like it could be a nice middle ground for all content. During the ride, do you feel it has much more survivability than Bio?

As someone leveling a Bio.... There is no comparing. Bio makes the hits heavier, but it is so squishy, so very squishy.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/27/2021 at 11:09 PM, SomeGuy said:

So, I got on Test and did a thing.

Always excited to see some epic SM success

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

EM/Stone Brute.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Brute
Primary Power Set: Energy Melee
Secondary Power Set: Stone Armor
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Barrage -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(17)
Level 1: Rock Armor -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9)
Level 2: Bone Smasher -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dam%(3), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), GldStr-%Dam(7)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Stone Skin -- Rct-Def/EndRdx(A), Rct-Def(17), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34), RctArm-ResDam(34), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(34), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(36)
Level 8: Whirling Hands -- Erd-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dam%(9), Erd-%Dam(40), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 10: Mud Pots -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(27)
Level 12: Build Up -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(27), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(29), AdjTrg-Rchg(45)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 16: Rooted -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(31), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(33)
Level 18: Total Focus -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Acc/Rchg(19), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofDth-Dam%(21)
Level 20: Crystal Armor -- PrfShf-End%(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(36), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Earth's Embrace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39), Prv-Absorb%(43)
Level 28: Minerals -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(46)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(42), PrfZng-Dam%(43), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48), GldStr-%Dam(48), TchofDth-Dam%(48)
Level 35: Brimstone Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(43), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 38: Focused Accuracy -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47), RctArm-ResDam(47), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50)
Level 49: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(49), ShlWal-Def(49), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 1: Energy Focus
Level 50: Born In Battle
Level 50: High Pain Threshold
Level 50: Invader
Level 50: Marshal
Level 22: Afterburner
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
------------

I had my heart into trying this set and was pleasantly surprised. It managed to keep up with EM/Fire despite Stone not being as offense based as Fire.

2:34

2:32

It may not be Bio's time but it's nearly durable as a Shield and managed the output of a Fire Armor in ST.

Also, I had everything toggled including Focused Accuracy -and- took Musculature 45% instead of the 33% for the extra recovery. Even so the endurance kept up and at the end of the each test I was at about half bar.

I'm going to level it and see how it behaves and if EM's AoE without Burn or Power Crash will be too annoying or not.

Edited by Sovera
  • Thumbs Up 1

I finally rebuilt my OG proc Monster, Sir Leeford the Dual Blades/Super Reflexes Scrapper (now with Zapp and Ball Lightning!)

NO lore pets, temps, or boosters

Took down a few pylons:

BF->AS->VS->SS [Assault Core Activated]
1:53

BF->AS->VS->SS [Assault Radial Activated]
1:54

BF->AS->Zapp->VS->SS [Assault Core Activated]
1:54

BF->AS->Zapp->VS->SS [Assault Radial Activated]
1:47

That last one, the 1:47, looks to be a personal best (beating out my WM/SD Scrapper and EM/SD/Soul Brute by a solid minute)!

What I love about this build is that in the attack chain, in addition to the Attack Vitals combo, you get minimal slotted recharge in all the powers other than Zapp (0.232 in BF from the CS proc, 0.0 in the rest of the attacks), maximizing proc odds: 2 -res procs, 2 purple procs, 6 regular procs, and perhaps most importantly, both the Gaussian’s and Critical Strikes procs in Blinding Feint, with roughly 19% and 72% chances of firing respectively. Between all the procs, the chain does 5 different types of damage, 6 if you include Zapp (w/a purple proc and toxic proc).  Placing Zapp in the chain means it is getting cast while under the effects of double-stacked Blinding Feint (+tohit), and usually also Critical Strikes, and sometimes the Gaussian proc as well, and it will hit right after the Achilles proc (hopefully) triggers

Honestly the biggest surprise to me is how consistent the times are. Considering a huge part of the DPS comes from procs, crits, -res and crit procs, I expected more variability

okay obviously I’m excited, I’m gonna go lie down

Edited by leeowensoas

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

EM/Stone Brute.

Reveal hidden contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Brute
Primary Power Set: Energy Melee
Secondary Power Set: Stone Armor
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Barrage -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(17)
Level 1: Rock Armor -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9)
Level 2: Bone Smasher -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dam%(3), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), GldStr-%Dam(7)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Stone Skin -- Rct-Def/EndRdx(A), Rct-Def(17), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(34), RctArm-ResDam(34), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(34), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(36)
Level 8: Whirling Hands -- Erd-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dam%(9), Erd-%Dam(40), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 10: Mud Pots -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(27)
Level 12: Build Up -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(27), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(29), AdjTrg-Rchg(45)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 16: Rooted -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(31), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(33)
Level 18: Total Focus -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Acc/Rchg(19), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofDth-Dam%(21)
Level 20: Crystal Armor -- PrfShf-End%(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(36), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Earth's Embrace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39), Prv-Absorb%(43)
Level 28: Minerals -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(46)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(42), PrfZng-Dam%(43), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48), GldStr-%Dam(48), TchofDth-Dam%(48)
Level 35: Brimstone Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(43), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 38: Focused Accuracy -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47), RctArm-ResDam(47), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50)
Level 49: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(49), ShlWal-Def(49), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 1: Energy Focus
Level 50: Born In Battle
Level 50: High Pain Threshold
Level 50: Invader
Level 50: Marshal
Level 22: Afterburner
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
------------

I had my heart into trying this set and was pleasantly surprised. It managed to keep up with EM/Fire despite Stone not being as offense based as Fire.

2:34

2:32

It may not be Bio's time but it's nearly durable as a Shield and managed the output of a Fire Armor in ST.

Also, I had everything toggled including Focused Accuracy -and- took Musculature 45% instead of the 33% for the extra recovery. Even so the endurance kept up and at the end of the each test I was at about half bar.

I'm going to level it and see how it behaves and if EM's AoE without Burn or Power Crash will be too annoying or not.

This sounds very promising. I wonder how the times would be on a Scrapper with this powerset combo.

11 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

This sounds very promising. I wonder how the times would be on a Scrapper with this powerset combo.

As long as the loss of the agro aura can be stomached 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Troo said:

Always excited to see some epic SM success

On excel with my SM/RAD/SNIPE I made some changes with the targeted AOE heal after BSing with @Pzn and dropped the time for it to a consistent 1:50 ish. x/rad armor is better DPS than I thought. Meltdown goes a lot further than people realize.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SomeGuy said:

On excelsior with my SM/RAD/SNIPE I made some changes with the targeted AOE heal after BSing with @Pzn and dropped the time for it to a consistent 1:50 ish. x/rad armor is better DPS than I thought. Meltdown goes a lot further than people realize.