Extend Teleport's Float Time

EyeLuvBooks

1 hour ago, Crysta Clear said:

If you're really upset about taking 46 falling damage because your connection is spotty, there is nothing anyone can do that will solve your actual problem.

... well, the OP could actually take Hover.  That'd solve the problem right there.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

2 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Id be for 0 float time.  I tried to use teleport as an in combat thing ala Cloak or Nightcrawler but the float ruined it. 

Id love for there to be a io proc or null the gull setting that let you do 0 float. 

Maybe make it PVE only or something.  

I tend to agree with this. Or like a half-second of float time. I know I'm always mildly annoyed when I'm on my teleporters and port right near a mission door or other place, but not quite close enough to touch it, and hover there helplessly for a second or two, then finally drop to the ground. I feel like a cartoon character that hasn't realized they've walked off a cliff yet because they haven't looked down.

• Retired Game Master
3 hours ago, Weylin said:

I'm not sure how it happened, but I was doing a rikti mothership raid and some random buff made my teleport power miraculously allow for a few seconds of normal flight, and it made it feel 1000 times better to use

Any flight control will allow movement, including ninja run and combat jumping. Having actual fly powers or I believe speed boost/IR can have a major impact on it.

the biggest lame factor of the need to take hover and teleport is that they are both vertical travel powers. Most take SS and SJ because they blend so well and compliment each other. But if you can fly even hover then you can get up over any vertical barrier same with teleport.

I actually think now that we have the mystic flight/tp combo for those who want teleport and flight, that normal TP should just remove the hover aspect and people will just need to be abit better at aiming and timing to avoid the odd fall here and there. Shame we dont have wall clinging that was really handy for night crawler.

If I was going to make a defensive TP ability Id think one that was a toggle, and simply triggered like a defense roll that would then auto port you to the next foe youd tab target to to increase the use of a nightcrawler style tp attack chain.

Or what about instead of hover, teleport came with a smoke effect that granted a short stealth buff to the tper, and a negative perception to foes around as this would both the most popular and iconic teleporting comic hero, and also the classic anime ninja teleport style.

4 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Or what about instead of hover, teleport came with a smoke effect that granted a short stealth buff to the tper, and a negative perception to foes around as this would both the most popular and iconic teleporting comic hero, and also the classic anime ninja teleport style.

Only if the Minimal FX option removed said smoke cloud, for players who don't care for it and characters who it doesn't fit.

Edited by Megajoule

On 9/15/2019 at 7:16 PM, Crysta Clear said:

I don't understand why the OP wants increased hover time after teleporting in the first place. If you lag yourself into 46 falling damage, that's both inconsequential in the large scheme of things, and entirely on your Internet connection. If you're really upset about taking 46 falling damage because your connection is spotty, there is nothing anyone can do that will solve your actual problem.

I DO take Hover on my characters with Teleport. Which means that, unlike EVERY OTHER TRAVEL POWER, I have to dip into TWO Pool Powers in order to travel safely. Fliers don't need to do that, S-Jumpers don't need to do that and Speedsters actually get a Stealth component in their power just so they CAN move safely.

As for 46 HP being inconsequential, it is...right up until you aggro a bunch of enemies 6 levels above you, you get Mezzed and then crushed. I don't think it's asking for too much to have ALL of the Travel powers working with the same degree of safety.

Teleport has enough inherent issues without adding an element of danger to it IMHO.

CoH has always been about doing your character the way YOU wanted it. I want Teleport to be as safe and effective as the rest of the Travel Powers. Is that so bad?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EyeLuvBooks said:

I DO take Hover on my characters with Teleport. Which means that, unlike EVERY OTHER TRAVEL POWER, I have to dip into TWO Pool Powers in order to travel safely.

Uh ... Mystic Flight ... in the Sorcery pool ...?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

12 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Mystic flight does not give you access to LRTP, TPFoe, or Recall Ally. Three really good reasons to want TP over Mystic Flight...

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

13 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

And if I want Recall I have to take Teleport. If I want Hover I have to take Flight. Now in order to get the SAME travel safety as every other travel power, plus the bells and whistles everyone else can have, I need THREE pool choices. Why not make the Sorcery Pool free for everyone? That solves the problem for me. We never had it Live anyhow so simply HAVING it is a bit of a blessing anyhow.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, EyeLuvBooks said:

And if I want Recall I have to take Teleport. If I want Hover I have to take Flight. Now in order to get the SAME travel safety as every other travel power, p

... Mystic flight is literally "Flight, and Teleport on the side".  No need for Hover, because the Teleport is only available if the Flight is running.

Edited by PaxArcana

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

27 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

... Mystic flight is literally "Flight, and Teleport on the side".  No need for Hover, because the Teleport is only available if the Flight is running.

Mystic Flight would be great if I could actually slot range into the teleport power like it says when I level. 
I have respeced out of Mystic Flight on almost every character because the teleportion is not worth the end usage.

🤷‍♂️  I always slot my teleport for EndRedux instead of Range, anyway. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I teleport on several characters without hover/fly or whatever. I did on live as well. 

On my 50 bots/ff mastermind I did get hover along with port. More so because he had power picks to spare then any other reason.

• Like 1

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I apologize if someone brought this up already, but didn't Codewalker address this in Paragon Chat by making the Teleport there hover indefinitely unless you try to move?

I mean, I don't even know if Paragon Chat uses any of the same coding language or whathaveyou, but if it's technically feasible here as well, would there be any complaints with that?

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 9:59 AM, PaxArcana said:

Except that some characters (particularly those with Def sets) use Hover to mule Def IOs.

38 minutes ago, EyeLuvBooks said:

Except that some characters (particularly those with Def sets) use Hover to mule Def IOs.

Nothing in my suggestion would preclude them still picking up Hover to do that with.

It would just mean, you didn't have to get Hover, to be able to teleport "safely".

It's literally a non-issue. The OP's lag is not the game's fault or anyone else's -- why should the whole game change in a way that is inconvenient for the majority of players, just to accommodate one person with a spotty connection? It shouldn't. The fact that this is even being discussed instead of instantly and summarily dismissed is ridiculous. If the OP is worried about lagging past the hover window, then the OP can choose a different travel power.

Edited by Crysta Clear

6 hours ago, Crysta Clear said:

It's literally a non-issue. The OP's lag is not the game's fault or anyone else's -- why should the whole game change in a way that is inconvenient for the majority of players, just to accommodate one person with a spotty connection? It shouldn't. The fact that this is even being discussed instead of instantly and summarily dismissed is ridiculous. If the OP is worried about lagging past the hover window, then the OP can choose a different travel power.

The OP already acknowledged this, and there has been much discussion of how to deal with the dual-issue of having a long enough hover for lag while eliminating hover-tar. The main ideas are the removal of the -100% flight speed and the hover being cancelled by movement.

• Thanks 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation