Teleportation Power Pool Rework

Zepp

I was in another thread talking about issues with the Teleport Travel power. The discussion there is about the need to extend the hover protection for lag and to decrease hover tar. There were three main ideas: extend the time but make it self-cancel upon movement (possibly through the use of a pseudopet), decrease flight speed of the hover and eliminate the movement penalty, and make TP a secondary power for a hover toggle. That discussion should continue in that thread.

This thread is mainly about a realignment of the TP power pool. There are several major issues, one is the fact that Recall Friend is not that good of a power, and is completely useless if one takes Team TP. Another is the lack of an attack or a defensive power. There is also a lack of an offensive power.

How can this be handled? My suggestion would be to remove Recall Friend and replace it with a defensive TP power. What would that power look like? There have been several types of ideas that have come up over the years. One is a simple short-range TP with minimal animation time, short range, and low endurance cost. There is also the possibility of adding a 15-30s non-stacking defensive buff to the power to give it similar stats to combat jumping. A different way to approach this would be to not have a TP power per se, but a displacement toggle. This would mean that you are constantly teleporting and thus making yourself more difficult to hit. This would include a minor universal movement bonus, but it would not give you the Nightcrawler feel.

As per the offensive ability, I think that TP Foe does cover that to an extent. Some consideration may need to be given to adding a small fear or disorient effect to the power, or some damage. But I think a better way to go would be to double the range and make it like confuse, a power that does not generate aggro. That way you could gently pluck enemies one at a time and  isolate them for slaughter.

This is just the seed of a discussion, and I think the community could come up with a reasonable problem for dealing with this Casa de la Familia set (a set that is very popular despite being incomplete and in major need of renovation)...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

40 minutes ago, ZeeHero said:

Recall friend should not be removed. it should have its cast time reduced or removed so you can spam it. ATT has a 30 minute cooldown.

Sorry, I had confused Assemble the Team and Team Teleport. I think it would just be better to change Team Teleport to Recall Team and eliminate Recall Friend.

21 minutes ago, n00baka said:

For TPFoe, I’d like it changed from an interrupt power into one with a static activation time, given damage comparable for other travel power attacks (modified as a range attack), and possibly a short term stun, confuse, or immobilize. 

I am not sure it needs damage, as it serves a purpose of isolating enemies as it is. The issue is aggroing the mobs you aren't TPing...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zepp said:

one is the fact that Recall Friend is not that good of a power, and is completely useless if one takes Team TP.

Well ... it was good in the early Issues (the Taxibots of Virtue wouldn't have been able to do what they did without it!) but it has since been made obsolete by Assemble the Team from the P2W vendor, among other options (such as Warshades).  It was also more relevant before all the trams, ferries and other navigation option consolidations took place (yellow line vs green line in Paragon City anyone?).  Just about the only zones that are "too big" for the base range on Recall Friend are Independence Port and the Shadow Shard zones.  Ironically, Ninja Run+Sprint helped make Recall Friend more of a niche convenience power than usual, since with Ninja Run+Sprint practically everyone can run around at 60 mph using One Slot Wonder powers that don't even need to take up a power pick at level up.

So it's not as if Recall Friend got worse, it's just that everything else around it got better while Recall Friend remained "stuck" where it started (and thus fell behind the curve).  It's still a good choice for Stalkers who like to "ninja" missions to the end objective and then pull in everyone into a secluded spot to attack the Load Bearing Boss of the mission without needing to resort to long recharge time veteran or "freebie" powers like Assemble the Team (AtT) obtained from the P2W vendor.  It's also good for PCs who might need to rez others, especially if they have Vengeance from the Leadership pool.

59 minutes ago, ZeeHero said:

Recall friend should not be removed. it should have its cast time reduced or removed so you can spam it. ATT has a 30 minute cooldown.

This is a decent proposal for what (if anything) ought to be done to buff Recall Friend.

Perhaps not as simple, but similarly useful would be to do something akin to Momentum buffing for Recall Friend ... such that the FIRST Recall Friend takes the full animation time, but if you cast Recall Friend again within ... oh, I dunno ... 10-15 seconds or so, it'll animate faster (half the time?) so as to be able to assemble groups one-by-one faster.  Slightly more complicated than just a straight up animation time reduction every time it's cast, but it would also give Recall Friend a little bit more "character" when used to give it a first time slow/next times faster animation speed, as if your PC is getting "warmed up" to teleport everyone you're moving in quick succession.

17 minutes ago, Zepp said:

Sorry, I had confused Assemble the Team and Team Teleport. I think it would just be better to change Team Teleport to Recall Team and eliminate Recall Friend.

I REALLY don't like that option, because there are times when you'll want to put different members of the team in different places (Cavern of Transcendence Trial, for example) rather than just pulling everyone together in one spot.

Now I COULD get behind a 2-for-1 power combo akin to Mystic Flight where the "main" power is Recall Friend and that for 6 seconds after you've used Recall Friend you have access to an Assemble the Team "second" power so as to bring EVERYONE in as an "alternate mode" of Recall Friend after teleporting the first friend in order to enable the "recall everyone" option.  THAT would be something I can support.  Recall Friend (single target) enables use of Recall Friends (entire team) for 6 seconds ... so first you bring one, then you bring the rest of them all at once.  Just use the existing Recall Friend animation for both powers (with the long 6 second windup animation) and call it good.

Teleport Foe ought to receive the Wormhole treatment, and proliferate the change to the Warshade equivalent power (which is just a copy/paste of Teleport Foe with a name and FX swap).  Make the power a base 90% Accuracy (so a 1.2 mod value) and Alert Foes Never to make it aggro-less.  Add a short duration Stun to the power (I'm thinking like 3 seconds) which can be enhanced with Stun IOs and Stun sets (including Stupefy proc for KB on arrival comedy).  Increase the Teleport MAG from 2.1 to 2.7, so it will teleport Lieutenants of higher Level than your PC, but still won't teleport Bosses on up (unless you outlevel them somewhat markedly).  Optionally, you could also add a Perception Debuff for a short duration after the $Target has been teleported, instead of a Stun effect (thereby removing the excuse for slotting Stun enhancements/sets), to represent a "disorientation" behavior where the $Target isn't perfectly aware of their surroundings following arrival at their destination and need a few seconds to take stock of their surroundings before noticing "everything" they need to know about where they are Now™.

That ought to suffice.

For Teleport itself, as a travel power, perhaps it could be inverted from how Mystic Flight works.

Mystic Flight offers a Fly power (that can be enhanced), which when engaged enables access to a Teleport (which can't be enhanced).

Do that in reverse for Teleport.

Teleport offers a Teleport (self) power that when cast will automatically toggle on a Hover (self only) sub power which will automatically toggle off within 4 seconds after use of Teleport.

Just for ease of explaining, let's call this (temp) Hover effect (to self only) ... Soft Landing.

So you Teleport, and upon arrival at your destination Soft Landing is automatically toggled on for 4s.

This arrangement would then allow you to simply edit your keybinds in the following manner.

If using W as the "go forward" keybind, the standard keybind looks like this:

W "+forward"

You could then edit that keybind on a character with the Teleport+Soft Landing pool power to make use of this modification to the movement keybind:

W "toggleoff Soft Landing$$+forward"

What this syntax would do is toggleoff the Soft Landing power automagically any time you click the W key to move.  The +forward means that while the key is held down, your PC will continue moving forwards.  What this combination then provides is a way to access the desired "Hover until cancelled by attempt to move" functionality that we've been wanting.  You could easily add the toggleoff function to ALL of a character's keybinds and have everything set up as a reference bindloadfile of modified keybinds posted in the Guides Forum for ease of use and "installation" onto any given character, making personalized edits for different keybind layouts much simpler for people to adapt and implement on their own.

THAT would seem to be something which is eminently doable using existing tech and game mechanics, no need for additional animations required.  By making the Hover "feature" of Teleport a "linked" secondary power that will automatically toggle off after a few seconds, but which can be toggled off directly by Player command, you "solve" a lot of the Teleport Tar problems involved in trying to make a One Size Fits All solution for everyone.

If anything, I'd argue that Team Teleport is the "solution in search of a problem" power.  This power really really REALLY doesn't lend itself to common useful applications, except MAYBE for Masterminds (and even then, not really).

Ideally speaking, if Team Teleport were replaced with a sort of pool version of a Judgement power so as to deliver a melee attack to $Targets in a Cone in front of the caster, that would suffice.

Long Range Teleport is basically a Tram/Ferry/Portal from anywhere kind of power.  It's pretty much fine as is.

Edited by Redlynne
  • Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

9 minutes ago, Zepp said:

I am not sure it needs damage, as it serves a purpose of isolating enemies as it is. The issue is aggroing the mobs you aren't TPing...

It probably doesn't need damage, but I'd like it as a comparable alternative to the other travel power attacks. So removing the interrupt, adding damage, and some short soft control. That's just my envisioned fix. Having it work as a non-aggroing ability isn't a bad idea, but it wouldn't improve my chances of choosing TP Foe either.

19 minutes ago, Zepp said:

No.  Absolutely not.  There have been many occasions when I only want to grab one person, NOT the whole team.

• Like 3

In that case, how about dumping TP Team and keeping Recall Friend, expanding the range to make sure all zones can get complete coverage, cutting recharge to about 1s and animation time to 1.5-3s?

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

Teleport Foe ought to receive the Wormhole treatment, and proliferate the change to the Warshade equivalent power (which is just a copy/paste of Teleport Foe with a name and FX swap).  Make the power a base 90% Accuracy (so a 1.2 mod value) and Alert Foes Never to make it aggro-less.  Add a short duration Stun to the power (I'm thinking like 3 seconds) which can be enhanced with Stun IOs and Stun sets (including Stupefy proc for KB on arrival comedy).  Increase the Teleport MAG from 2.1 to 2.7, so it will teleport Lieutenants of higher Level than your PC, but still won't teleport Bosses on up (unless you outlevel them somewhat markedly).  Optionally, you could also add a Perception Debuff for a short duration after the $Target has been teleported, instead of a Stun effect (thereby removing the excuse for slotting Stun enhancements/sets), to represent a "disorientation" behavior where the $Target isn't perfectly aware of their surroundings following arrival at their destination and need a few seconds to take stock of their surroundings before noticing "everything" they need to know about where they are Now™.

This sounds good.

I still think the set needs a defensive power like hover or combat jumping. If we dump team teleport, this could be an option...

• Retired Game Master

Changes to Recall Friend, and more so Teleport Foe, can have PvP implications that need to be kept in mind. Recall friend could have the range increased to cover the few zones it isn't 100% reliable in. Either its recharge time or activation time could be reduced somewhat, but not significantly. Activation time has more implications than recharge for both powers. Foe could certainly have the aggro flag disabled, and maybe pick up some secondary effects as suggested.

Teleport has an effective endurance cost of about 6 end/second if used rapidly (~2 mph faster than run speed cap unenhanced, ~60% faster than run speed cap at effective ED cap), and 3.25 if you take 2 seconds between teleports (slower than every other travel power unenhanced, slightly faster than SJ cap at effective ED cap). The cost is excessive and teleport has other drawbacks (clunky, doesn't work well in closed spaces, requires max range for its speed) on top of it. Cut it in half. These values are for level 50. Under that teleport performs better comparatively since the base speed and caps for other travel powers vary based on level while teleport's does not, except by power of available enhancements. Still, the endurance costs are exorbitant.

Team Teleport. What is its purpose? It isn't a viable travel power (~10 end/sec endurance cost and reduced range (75 yards vs 100)), has serious limitations inside most missions that aren't outdoor maps and it doesn't function super well defensively or offensively as it opens your group up to being AOEd to death and basically roots the entire team if they don't have some form of flight control for 4 seconds. Some ideas I've had over the years, feel free to iterate on them:

• Change it to be a team recall friend.
  • Change it to have the same range as teleport and reduce the endurance cost significantly.
  • Change it to be a fast activating, short range, no hover team teleport that grants a large short duration (~3-5 seconds) global defense bonus with a moderate (~45-75 seconds, or ~12-20 that can't be enhanced) cooldown.

Add hazard zones to LRT, except the Hive and RWZ, and/or give it a synergy with team teleport (or recall friend if you're feeling exceptionally generous) to prompt nearby teammates to teleport as well.

• Thanks 1

Oof. I’m embarrassed that PvP didn’t even come to mind when considering changes to TPFoe. While I’d like it to be more of an attack than it is now, I understand that’s probably not the way it will go. If secondary effects are on the table for it,  combination of ‘does not aggro’ and confusion would be my first impulse.

1 hour ago, GM Sijin said:

Team Teleport. What is its purpose? It isn't a viable travel power (~10 end/sec endurance cost and reduced range (75 yards vs 100)), has serious limitations inside most missions that aren't outdoor maps and it doesn't function super well defensively or offensively as it opens your group up to being AOEd to death and basically roots the entire team if they don't have some form of flight control for 4 seconds. Some ideas I've had over the years, feel free to iterate on them:

• Change it to have the same range as teleport and reduce the endurance cost significantly.
  • Change it to be a fast activating, short range, no hover team teleport that grants a large short duration (~3-5 seconds) global defense bonus with a moderate (~45-75 seconds, or ~12-20 that can't be enhanced) cooldown.

How about modding it to, or adding, a team Spring Attack-like power:  "Surprise It's Us!" or "Team Wormhole"

•  Teammates within 30' radius of the caster teleport to the chosen destination
  • Each teammate spawns a 7' radius knockdown
  • Hilarity ensues
  • It wouldn't need to do damage or stun, just gives the entire team the alpha attack.

Similarly, add a melee-KD radius to normal Teleport to show how teleporting next to someone surprises them and knocks them off their feet.

Speaking as a Mastermind player:

Teleport Foe - this power is fine as-is.  It's primary utility is in separating out enemies from crowded environments in order to defeat enemy clusters "in detail" rather than in a pitched battle.

Recall Friend - this one needs to be improved.  The recharge cycle is just too slow for what it does, and how infrequently it's needed (even for MMs).

Teleport - I would like to see this reworked, to ape Mystic Flight: you get a toggle that gives you Hover (a bit more expensive and without the already-small +defense buff), and a pseudopower, Teleport.

Team Teleport - Ugh.  I tried this way back on Live, with my Robotics/Forcefield MM.  And promptly respec'd out of it just as soon as I possibly could.  It's ALL KINDS of screwed up.  I have no idea how to fix this; I think maybe you CAN'T and it just needs to be replaced completely.

Long Range Teleport - I have yet to try this power, so I can't speak to it.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

This would break the Cottage Rule, but maybe replace Team Teleport with ‘Wormhole-lite’? An AoE TPFoe that has smaller radius, or doesn’t have the status effects, or simply has a higher end cost to make it less efficient than the Gravity control version. 

2 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

Changes to Recall Friend, and more so Teleport Foe, can have PvP implications that need to be kept in mind. Recall friend could have the range increased to cover the few zones it isn't 100% reliable in. Either its recharge time or activation time could be reduced somewhat, but not significantly. Activation time has more implications than recharge for both powers. Foe could certainly have the aggro flag disabled, and maybe pick up some secondary effects as suggested.

Changing activation time on Recall Friend ought to be avoided if possible.  Reducing recharge time on Recall Friend is fair game, as is increasing its base range.

Making Teleport Foe be aggro-less like Wormhole just makes too much sense.  Increase the base accuracy so it doesn't MISS as much, although I'd be fine with giving Teleport Foe an Accuracy and +ToHit bonus on the power itself that suppresses upon attack or when attacked (ie. In Combat) so as to make the power more accurate when Not In Combat (and can thus be leisurely in execution).  Increasing the Teleport MAG to 2.7 so as to be able to "pull" Lieutenants of a higher Level than yourself, but still not Bosses that are higher Level than the caster feels like a decent upgrade (always hated note being able to use Teleport Foe on +1 Lieutenants due to insufficient MAG).  PvP implications for Teleport Foe would seem warranted, and a 2 second duration mez of some kind that gives the "initiative roll" to the Teleport Foe caster would seem appropriate ... for which Stun, Sleep or Confuse (pick one) would seem to be in order.  Of the three, I'm starting to think that a 2 second Sleep upon Teleport Foe, purely to give the "initiative" to the Teleport Foe caster in the follow up after the Teleport animation completes might be the best option, since Sleep can be quickly broken by incoming damage (looking at you Trip Mine stack!).

Teleport has an effective endurance cost of about 6 end/second if used rapidly (~2 mph faster than run speed cap unenhanced, ~60% faster than run speed cap at effective ED cap), and 3.25 if you take 2 seconds between teleports (slower than every other travel power unenhanced, slightly faster than SJ cap at effective ED cap). The cost is excessive and teleport has other drawbacks (clunky, doesn't work well in closed spaces, requires max range for its speed) on top of it. Cut it in half. These values are for level 50. Under that teleport performs better comparatively since the base speed and caps for other travel powers vary based on level while teleport's does not, except by power of available enhancements. Still, the endurance costs are exorbitant.

Teleport is definitely an exorbitant endurance cost travel power.  However, I can easily envision a case where the first Teleport has that exorbitant endurance cost, but then the power applies a temporary buff to the caster that reduces the endurance cost of recasting Teleport within the next 4 seconds.  That way you pay full cost for the first jump, but then reduced cost for the additional jumps thereafter.  That would work just fine.

Alternatively, you could "flip the script" on Teleport endurance costs by making the base cost low, but then add a stacking debuff to the caster that increases the endurance cost for additional Teleports after the first one.  That way the first jump is cheap, the second jump in rapid succession costs more, the third jump even more than the second ... until you reach the stacking limit for the debuff to self on endurance cost for Teleport (3? 4?) which then results in the exorbitant cost we've always known when using Teleport over long distances (Shadow Shard ...).  Of the two options, I'm thinking this one might be the superior design choice, since it doesn't "punish" the Player for using Teleport in a one off fashion (combat teleporting, basically) but then does become draining when repeatedly teleporting to haul across LONG distances, yielding a sort of backdoor way into making short range Teleporting cheap, while longer range/repeated Teleporting remains expensive.

10 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

Teleport - I would like to see this reworked, to ape Mystic Flight: you get a toggle that gives you Hover (a bit more expensive and without the already-small +defense buff), and a pseudopower, Teleport.

I'm still of the opinion that if you're going to go this route, Teleport needs to be the "main" power with the Hover functionality as the "sub-power" enabled (and automatically toggled on for you) by use of Teleport ... rather than using the Mystic Fly formulation where Flight is the "main" power with Teleport functionality as the "sub-power" enabled by use of flying.

Team Teleport simply doesn't serve a useful purpose, especially given the levels and degrees of coordination to even attempt to make use of it (and even then, it's still nearly worthless) ... especially as a long distance "travel" power.  However, if you want to keep it as a "move the whole team" travel power functionality, particularly if done as a "on off ambush" type of opening for an attack by an entire team (or even just solo?), one thing you could do is do a copy/paste of the self only Teleport and modify the following parameters:

• AoE Sphere instead of Affects Caster
  • -1 Endurance cost per teammate teleported (so the cost reflects the "load" being carried per jump) which is modified by Endurance Reduction enhancement
  • Hover upon arrival functionality swapped to be 4 second Stealth on all affected teammates of 70 ft radius to prevent instant aggro upon arrival and allow for surprise attacks(!).  This effect will of course suppress upon attacking or being attacked, just like any other Stealth effects, but it carries no bonus Defense.

After that, it's just a matter of deciding if you want to do "something extra" like adding a really short duration "opportunity to Confuse" condition to Team Teleport.  The idea that I'm thinking of is that all Foe $Targets at the AoE location teleported TO would be given a "marker" debuff (think Delayed functionality out of the Time Manipulation powerset) so as to "tag" the $Targets within a defined area as being "vulnerable" to being Confused by the PCs teleporting en masse into their midst.  The PCs are then given a Grant Power by use of Team Teleport which is only usable for their next attack, which then only produces a result when attacking a Foe $Target while they still have the "marker" debuff on them.  Rig it all so that the "marker" debuff and the Grant Power effects are essentially One Use Only by canceling their respective remaining durations when they get used.  Set it up such that game mechanically, upon being attacked within 4 seconds after arrival of Team Teleport, Foe $Targets can be MAG 2.5 Confused (so up to Lieutenants, mostly, but not Bosses) for 3 seconds ... but it requires a binary combination of the PC having been affected by Team Teleport AND attacking a $Target within the "destination area" within 4 seconds of arrival.  This would turn Team Teleport into something of an "ambush" type power that would "defuse" the alpha strike upon arrival (NPCs would expend their alpha strike upon each other, rather than upon the PCs).  Set the recharge time to be relatively long, like say ... 60 seconds ... and you'd create a Team Teleport (to ambush!) type of functionality, instead of just merely "moving" a group of PCs (and their Pets) from place to place only.

Could turn it into a Long Range Recall Team type of power.

It teleports the entire team, regardless of zone the respective team members are in, to the Location near the caster designated when using the power.  Being able to Teleport Team from other zones to your current location would be an upgrade of the Recall Friend power, since Recall Friend is limited to the same zone only.  I have no idea if such a functionality is even possible though, since usually powers are limited to acting upon $Targets (in this case, teammates) within the same zone as the caster.  If cross-zone functionality is not available, then same zone only would work just fine.

3 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

Add hazard zones to LRT, except the Hive and RWZ, and/or give it a synergy with team teleport (or recall friend if you're feeling exceptionally generous) to prompt nearby teammates to teleport as well.

Actually, I'm fine with leaving Hazard Zones out of Long Range Teleport.  Closest I'd want to get to that kind of functionality would be being able to teleport across zones to the "door" that leads TO a Hazard Zone, but honestly even that isn't a necessary "feature" of the power.

Now, if you wanted to be "friendly" you could rig up Long Range Teleport to function as a Team Teleport with a very small area (I'm thinking 10 ft radius PBAoE) so as to pull a "beam US up" to the Tram/Ferry/Transfer point in SAFE zones for more than just yourself.  In fact, I'd even be happy to allow this PBAoE Long Range Teleport functionality to be limited to the Teleport pool power and keep the Warshade proliferated version of this power as the Self Only version that it is now.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

34 minutes ago, n00baka said:

Cottage Rule

Bollocks to the cottage rule.

• Like 3

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Just now, PaxArcana said:

Bollocks to the cottage rule.

I’m much less opposed to breaking it than when the game was official, but I still think it’s worth considering. If only because people use the power, and may actually like it. Brief consideration is better than none, IMO. 

Just kidding. No one uses this power. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's look at the discussion so far (tell me if I missed something):

• Recall Friend - Very useful, but animation time and recharge may be a tad long. Better to have Recall Friend than Recall Team. May also need a larger range.
  • Teleport - Endurance cost is high for performance. Great long distance, notsogood in close quarters, needs an update. There is a whole thread on what could be done.
  • Teleport Foe - Average power that needs to at least be adjusted to remove aggro-induction. Other suggestions include confuse or disorient effect and possibly damage. The magnitude may also need to be considered.
  • Long Range Teleport - A power that may not need to be adjusted!
  • Team Teleport - Useless power. Some suggestions include changing it to Recall Team, replacing it with a combat power, or turn into an offensive team buff & TP attack.

Also, make sure we consider the impact on PVP for proposed changes.

Edited by Zepp

That looks like an accurate summary to me.

Regarding PvP ... we're all pretty much agreed that Team Teleport has to become something else entirely.  So, what about this .... make that power something that, generally, only PvPers will want, by turning it into an anti-teleport buff, PBAoE in nature (that affects the caster as well as their allies) ...?  Give it a mex-protection like resistance to being Teleported, and maybe a very small Hold/Immobilize protection (Mag 3 or 4, say) ...?

No idea what to call it, but I can see it being desireable to PvPers .... and, if future content includes enemies that can use TP Foe on us, even something a few people might take for PvE.

EDIT TO ADD:

Just had an epiphany.  Call it Dimensional Anchor, and have it drop a pseudo-pet that constantly radiates the buff, a la Tree of Life.

Edited by PaxArcana

I don't think creating a power that only the 3-5% of players that PVP might take is a good idea. Do no harm, but pandering isn't a good idea either. I had suggested earlier combat teleport. Range of 10'-30', 15-30s defensive buff after TP, and no hover. This would allow one to use teleport in a combat manner. It would have to have a 2-3s animation time but minimum recharge for it to be useful, but not OP in PvP. I think a lot of people would actually want this.

Alternatively, one could go with displacement toggle that makes it look like there are three of you overlapped, increasing your defense and TP resistance.

I'd probably go for the first option, but the latter may be more popular as it takes less work and doesn't interfere with min-maxed attack chains...

I've seen Team Teleport used once, years ago, and it was very effective in that singular role - letting a full team of (in this case) all Defenders zap around the map in a tight group, buffing each other into the stratosphere and melting everything around them.  That is not something I've seen reproduced since, making it even rarer than farming, and thus its utility in that very specialized circumstance does not, IMO, justify retaining its current function.

Edited by Megajoule

41 minutes ago, Zepp said:

I don't think creating a power that only the 3-5% of players that PVP might take is a good idea. Do no harm, but pandering isn't a good idea either.

I wouldn't consider it pandering.  An olive branch, maybe - I'm usually very much opposed to PvP changes.  But since almost no-one (if not literally no-one) uses Team Teleport, it's an opportunity to make a change in favor of PvP, that would cost the PvE community little or nothing.

3 minutes ago, Megajoule said:

I've seen Team Teleport used once, years ago,

I used Team Teleport briefly on my robotics/FF Mastermind on Live, thinking I could carry my robots about with me - back when resummoning was a pure PITA.

Three days later, I respec'd out of it.  😛 Resummoning was less of a PITA than Team Teleport ...!

• Like 1

Changing a power from being useful to 0.001% of characters to being useful to 0.3% of characters when it could be changed in a manner that is useful to 20-30% of characters (or more) that includes that 0.3% is pandering.

I think including anti-teleport in it as a defensive power is acceptable. Making it only anti-teleport is almost as wasteful as a power like, well, team teleport... Especially since Shield Wall is generally sufficient for PVP purposes...

I just made a char with teleport and was testing out all the powers in it. I decided to keep Recall Friend, Teleport, and Long Range Teleport. I switched to my second build just so I could get rid of Teleport Foe and ESPECIALLY Team Teleport(so useless.)

Here's what I would like to see happen with the Teleport Pool...

Recall Friend: Make the recharge time match the cast time of the power so you can help your team out faster.

Teleport Foe: Not much you can do with this other than making it stronger I suppose. I'm not really a fan of it, but I can see how some might want it. But I'll never use it again.

Teleport: I'm a +1 on the idea to lengthen the hover time on teleport and deactivating it when hitting a movement key so you can hit the ground running when you want to. I hate floating right above ground waiting to be able to move. I'd also be down for adding a short range PBAoE Knock Down/Back where you teleport too.

Long Range Teleport: This power is nice, pulls up a list of zones you can move to so you don't have to travel to trams or the like. It would be great if it included a few more, but it does have all the main ones.

Team Teleport: What an absolutely abysmally designed power. Cost is to high, range is to short, and would be better replaced with literally any other possible thing you can think of. So why not replace it with a combat ability! I'd love to see a teleport ability in line with Pounce/Shield Charge/Etc. Here's what I'm thinking...

NEW POWER: Teleport Shock: You teleport to a targeted location where you apply a 1sec stun and a 7sec -20% To-Hit debuff to up to 10 targets in a small radius around you. 

I came up with 2 other idea that might be a little more difficult to implement but would be far more useful than Recall Foe or Team Teleport currently. They are...

NEW POWER: Teleport Assault: This is a PBAoE attack. No target needed. This ability both phases you out(while immobilizing you) for the duration while damaging up to 10 Foes in a Large Area around you. It has a long cooldown(Maybe 2mins) and a duration of about 3.5 seconds. The FX would be a normal teleport FX around your character while your character vanishes completely until reappearing in the same spot. Effected Enemies will be hit with large puffs of teleport smoke FX repeatedly for the duration, they just need to be sporadic in nature to make it look as if your teleporting around to each one. 

NEW POWER: Long Range Recall Friend: Yep, does exactly what you think it does. Let's you Recall a teammate to you who's currently in another zone. This would obviously have to have a bit of a cooldown on it but not to much that it would be completely outdone by Assemble The Team.

Oh, quick edit. I'd also like to be able to change the Teleport FX to the Mystic FX in the Character Editor aswell. Also a New Teleport FX made up of Dark Armor FX would be great.

Edited by Cooltastic

1 hour ago, Cooltastic said:

Recall Friend: Make the recharge time match the cast time of the power so you can help your team out faster.

Recharge time starts after the animation time. If I recall, isn't there a 6s animation time on Recall Friend?