Curupira?

Heraclea

4 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Given that these are memorials more-so than Easter Eggs, may we please have a Dev provide us with a full list?

In "spoiler" format if there's a concern about some players wanting to locate them on their own terms.

Actually, if it's even feasible (knowing the devs undoubtedly have much on their plates), I'd like to see a badge for having visited each of the characters added to this date.   It's not so much to gain a badge, as it is a way to not just "statue" a memorial and forget about it.  It sadly, may require additional badges in the future, if more memorials are made, but we can cross that bridge later.

I'd love to either see the info on the character filled out with player info, or a clickable plaque near the character containing this info.

• Like 3

Ehhhh.... that seems a touch... *wrong* to me. Basically rewarding you for players actually dying.

I know it's not how you *meant* it, but...

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I found another one that isn't on the list that @Aberrant linked above that looks like a possible candidate. Gloryhound, located in Croatoa, at coordinates -2574.7 176.3 2834.5, at the very edge of the zone on a mountain.

Gloryhound.jpg.ecc375725fd265b034b523a72d403ee7.jpggloryhoundbio.jpg.89239e5c8fe9f064eba4addd4ded7e94.jpg
screenshot_200712-22-47-59.thumb.jpg.98c2b4e9e875cf73da598737020faab1.jpg

Strangely enough, when I went back to double check, they weren't there. I'm guessing Gloryhound only appears at certain times of the day.

Edited by GastlyGibus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

On 7/12/2020 at 10:55 PM, GastlyGibus said:

I found another one that isn't on the list that @Aberrant linked above that looks like a possible candidate. Gloryhound, located in Croatoa, at coordinates -2574.7 176.3 2834.5, at the very edge of the zone on a mountain.

Gloryhound.jpg.ecc375725fd265b034b523a72d403ee7.jpggloryhoundbio.jpg.89239e5c8fe9f064eba4addd4ded7e94.jpg
screenshot_200712-22-47-59.thumb.jpg.98c2b4e9e875cf73da598737020faab1.jpg

Strangely enough, when I went back to double check, they weren't there. I'm guessing Gloryhound only appears at certain times of the day.

No wonder I've never seen this one in game,  if there's time of day elements to this there could be lots more of these we haven't discovered 

As much as I love this concept of giving props to players that have passed beyond the Rim, I hope to never see anyone else that makes Homecoming our home in points in the game before I give up the ghost.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

• 2 years later

Well, a non badge awarding plaque maybe?

Plus, Ascendant is still out there doing the job.

screenshot_210411-11-47-53.jpg.85a2e5bc20b07514afdfc7099d1372e4.jpg

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

How are memorial characters decided upon?  Ascendant would be obvious as the player was best known for his Bob Newhart-like phone calls between Ascendant and agent "Saul".  But what of the others?  What happens when a player has several characters rather than a focus character?

I find this to be just great!

I have stage 4 kidney cancer that has metastasized already to my spine and brain. I was given 5 years to live and that was 4 years ago. So, just FYI, when I go, feel free to add either the Black Owl, Iron Raven or Tiger-Man. Those are my first and favorite characters.

Stuff like this is a good testament to a pastime which those individuals obviously loved, as I do.

Well done, Homecoming team.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Turric said:

I find this to be just great!

I have stage 4 kidney cancer that has metastasized already to my spine and brain. I was given 5 years to live and that was 4 years ago. So, just FYI, when I go, feel free to add either the Black Owl, Iron Raven or Tiger-Man. Those are my first and favorite characters.

Stuff like this is a good testament to a pastime which those individuals obviously loved, as I do.

Well done, Homecoming team.

Truly sorry to hear this, Turric.  I appreciate your courage and trust in revealing this.  Though I only know other players through their forum postings and speech balloons, the "Fallen But Not Forgotten" forum is one I wish could stay empty.  While chatting about characters seems trivial in light of this, might I suggest letting the devs know what servers those characters are on?

I'm not in any medical danger, thank goodness, but having just lost a friend to a motorcycle accident when he was simply driving home from work, it got me thinking that I might need to designate a close friend and former player to alert the forums if one day Techwright suddenly falls silent for any reason other than a willing departure from the game.

• Like 1