October 2019 Donations & Finances

Cipher

5 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Didn't beat last month's record of 3 minutes 30 seconds (I think it was), but done is done.

What amazes me is that the average donations is almost U$30.00/person...

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

52 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Didn't beat last month's record of 3 minutes 30 seconds (I think it was), but done is done. 😉

My opinion, but the reason why it took longer this time around was the following:

* The announcement was in the afternoon, where people are out and about. I got the notice at 2:30 Eastern Time. In the past it was either around noon or the evenings, again my time.

* The amount has been steadily increasing which makes sense. The infrastructure is expanding and more development is being tossed into the pool. 

* It's September. Kiddies are back in school, people are back to work, and household budgets are going to rise. This may delay the donations from coming in.

* Miscellaneous stuff: were players doing RP? TFs/SFs? A mission like I was doing and might have missed the Admin notice if I was in the middle of a scrap.

* The most important thing to remember is that the donation target must be filled before a deadline. I don't know what the deadline is. Is it the same day as the announcement? Is it a week from now? Is it at the end of the month? No matter when the deadline is set, as long the target is reached before the deadline, we are fine.  It's not how fast we hit the target, what matters is that we hit it. 🙂

Edited by MoggieCanada

I know.  I was just blown away by last month's time, which admittedly set the mark pretty high.  Plenty of mitigating factors as to why that wasn't matched, or beaten.   It's still plenty cool that this community, as relatively small as it is when compared to other active MMOs, is able to get it done even as quickly as we do month to month.

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

• City Council
15 minutes ago, Couthless said:

That's quite odd lol, I've sent a request to have that actual business' information updated (pending review).

( In case you're unaware, our host is the actual OVH @ https://www.ovh.com/ca/en/ 🙂 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Well, at least now we know the Server-Hamsters are all well fed, right?  😄 😄

• Haha 2

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

On 9/28/2019 at 3:02 PM, MoggieCanada said:

My opinion, but the reason why it took longer this time around was the following:

* The announcement was in the afternoon, where people are out and about. I got the notice at 2:30 Eastern Time. In the past it was either around noon or the evenings, again my time.

* The amount has been steadily increasing which makes sense. The infrastructure is expanding and more development is being tossed into the pool. 

* It's September. Kiddies are back in school, people are back to work, and household budgets are going to rise. This may delay the donations from coming in.

* Miscellaneous stuff: were players doing RP? TFs/SFs? A mission like I was doing and might have missed the Admin notice if I was in the middle of a scrap.

* The most important thing to remember is that the donation target must be filled before a deadline. I don't know what the deadline is. Is it the same day as the announcement? Is it a week from now? Is it at the end of the month? No matter when the deadline is set, as long the target is reached before the deadline, we are fine.  It's not how fast we hit the target, what matters is that we hit it. 🙂

And this month it was about 2 grand or over 50% higher. 

On 9/28/2019 at 9:02 PM, MoggieCanada said:

* The announcement was in the afternoon

7.23 in the morning is not the afternoon. It is possible that other time zones, outside America, exist 😉

The team have stated they are roving the start time to give opportunity to different countries.

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

• Retired Game Master
5 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

7.23 in the morning is not the afternoon. It is possible that other time zones, outside America, exist 😉

The team have stated they are roving the start time to give opportunity to different countries.

The donation window opened at 8:30 PM (20:30) BST/UTC+1.

Edited by GM Capocollo

I love that so many express disappointment over missing the donation window.  Not because they missed it, of course.  But, because the desire to do so is so strong across the player base, that it actually inspires complaints about not being able to contribute.  Yet another reason I love this game, and this community!

I posted a reminder in the "General" area to give folks a heads-up that Saturday was the day, hoping to get the attention of folks who might have forgotten it was happening.  That was about 2 hours before the window opened.  I can only hope that enough people saw it, and that there were fewer that missed the window, than would have been the case otherwise. 

What was no more, is REBORN!